Hacking Gateway 3ds: A9LH, Downgrade, Release Planned on May 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can NTR cheats do the same things as Gateway?

What do I do with my 4GB SD card? I can't fit many games on it.
yes, it can. you can literelly port those cheats to NTR cfw. And what do you do?
Welp, maybe take that little sd card in your gw flashcard out and put an adaptor in it(old 3ds) (or in new 3ds just put it in the slot) and use a9lh+luma3ds, it's the most recent, versatile, fast and feature packed, as well as safe
NTR doesn't have on-system RAM searching. Also about

totally true, gw members should really, really WAKE up
I'm an A9LH+Luma user and I still use my Gateway on my other N3DS. We're not mis-informed, we just have reasons to continue using it (.3ds/.3dz files, cheat searching, too many .3ds/.3dz games/saves to convert to .cia)

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
If that shame is true, i will forget the update that i was waiting for months and use an open source CFW. LOL.
just use it, it's better, because from what I can see, the downgrade tool is based in ancient software, and the new cfw will be probabily very outdated when it's out

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It makes sense simply because of how A9LH works. Even existing A9LH seups won't boot without an arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card. Reliance on their proprietory cartridge is much worse, however.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just use it, it's better, because from what I can see, the downgrade tool is based in ancient software, and the new cfw will be probabily very outdated when it's out
Can you explain a bit more? With ancient are you saying that downgrader that never bricked a console?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use an unlinked emunand, on a new3DS (I have a 9.0 backup of that but not of the related (sys)NAND I think) it's not very clear (to me at least) if the instructions allow me to setup a a9lh for the right nand for me..
guess I should juste backup my saves and try to batch-reinjected afterwards (any tool recommanded?)

At this point I guess I should just format my sysnand twice (avoids a bricking issue from what I read) and reinject my saves..

Will BootNTR still work ?
Also wondering about DS carts, DSi and GBA support.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Looks like they don't use the open/scene standards and instead rely on a proprietary implementation that decrypts and runs payload from the launcher.dat file.

Lame if you ask me, there's also no tutorial on how to move from the existing a9lh to the proprietary one, meaning one would have to write back an old sysnand backup and do the installation from scratch, talk about a safe process...

That's not an answer to GW red card owners who've already moved to an a9lh cfw.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
NTR doesn't have on-system RAM searching. Also about

I'm an A9LH+Luma user and I still use my Gateway on my other N3DS. We're not mis-informed, we just have reasons to continue using it (.3ds/.3dz files, cheat searching, too many .3ds/.3dz games/saves to convert to .cia)
I have nothing against gateway as a CFW or its user base. My issue lies in the business and it's shady practice. There isn't much of a reason for newcomers to buy the card anymore. I'm not here to "convert" like the fanboys claim. I'm just over people defending their form of drm. It's drives me crazy.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Can you explain a bit more? With ancient are you saying that downgrader that never bricked a console?
Ok, now I can sh*t talk. Tried from a non-a9lh firmware and the downgrade failed. Perhaps the problem is that I'm using Ninjhax 2.6 as my entry point?

Probably the downgrader is based of the old safesysupdater, which screwed up a lot of downgrades. Also make sure to use 10.3 emuNAND
the old sysupdater is know for causing multiple bricks and not being compatible with newer ofw's like 10.7 or even 11.0
https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater
https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/ being plaisysupdater the most recent one

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks like they don't use the open/scene standards and instead rely on a proprietary implementation that decrypts and runs payload from the launcher.dat file.

Lame if you ask me, there's also no tutorial on how to move from the existing a9lh to the proprietary one, meaning one would have to write back an old sysnand backup and do the installation from scratch, talk about a safe process...

That's not an answer to GW red card owners who've already moved to an a9lh cfw.
On top of this, there's no official way to run your arm9 code if you install their a9lh. Your 3ds is locked to GW (until people manage to make custom .dats).

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have nothing against gateway as a CFW or its user base. My issue lies in the business and it's shady practice. There isn't much of a reason for newcomers to buy the card anymore. I'm not here to "convert" like the fanboys claim. I'm just over people defending their form of drm. It's drives me crazy.
I have right here,on my O3DS XL the GW red card and i will say it one or thousand times: if they do that bullshit,i will be moving to Luma.

Reactions: Kioku

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am still on 4.5 Sysnand and I use MSET to boot Gateway mode. DS games works on Sysnand, everything else I have ever tried works on my up-to-date Emunand. I never had any issues. Why should I mess with something that works?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the downgrader is based of the old safesysupdater, which screwed up a lot of downgrades. Also make sure to use 10.3 emuNAND
umm... but I'm using an o3ds. Guess I need to format emunand. and then I'll feel silly if it works. But first... I need to fix my SD. Accidentally flashed a nand backup to it. Didn't pay attention to what Image Writer was pointing to. Thank goodness I'm OCD about backups :P

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On top of this, there's no official way to run your arm9 code if you install their a9lh. Your 3ds is locked to GW (until people manage to make custom .dats).
no idea if this is possible anymore with the new beta, but if you can get to the GW menu without the card then you could probably still dump/restore NAND unless they fucked with this feature to never be able to remove their arm9loaderhax (without a NAND mod). who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, who is Steve Miller?