Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, if I have a japanese NEW 3DS right NOW (hypothetical) and i were to buy a gateway RIGHT NOW from the various websites, will it work on the japanese n3ds? or will i have to wait until they officially release it

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One question, is it possible for me to use the 1 MicroSD card for both the red and blue card?
I don't see any issues.
But the question is, will we need the blue card?
I believe we won't since the DS exploit was fixed. Either way, you only needed to use the blue card once to install the exploit, and after that you could just leave it in the box if you weren't interested in NDS ROMs.
Hello everybody, if I have a japanese NEW 3DS right NOW (hypothetical) and i were to buy a gateway RIGHT NOW from the various websites, will it work on the japanese n3ds? or will i have to wait until they officially release it
Yes, it will be fine.

Reactions: Margen67

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see any issues.
I believe we won't since the DS exploit was fixed. Either way, you only needed to use the blue card once to install the exploit, and after that you could just leave it in the box if you weren't interested in NDS ROMs.

Alright cool thanks. :)

yes but you will need to use blue card every time you use old NDS game.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you bought a japanese N3DS right now and a Gateway right now - you would not be able to run the Gateway card on it untill Gateway actually pushed out their update (which hasn't happened yet)
Yes, it will be fine.
So no, you would not be able to use it "right now". And you'd have to wait untill its officially released just like everyone else.

At which point you would be able to use said products together.
No need to wait for buying - you do need to wait before you can use them.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Are you able to use a 64GB Micro SD with the gateway? I've got a Samsung EVO class 10 one, will it work?
Use the program that is supplied by the SD association in order to make sure you don't delete the Protected area.
Also make sure the card says SDXC and not SDHC and on top of that run a test on it to make sure it is not a chinese fake. (Those things pretend to be 64GB or more but in actuality they store 2-4GB and overwrite the files and corrupt etc.)
So it will work fine as exFAT? I won't need to format it to FAT32, right? if so, awesome. thanks
The reason to format it as exFAT is so you don't have to split your ROMs into two files or more, you only need to dump them in.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see any issues.
Yes, it will be fine.

If they update the ROP's and CFW / Devmenu in time, then maybe blue card still useful..

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
because they have 3 hacks to deal with,the cubic ninja hack,the sky3ds hack & the new gateway threat. it's not an easy job for them at the moment but an update is not far from release now.
I don't think that all those hacks are using method completely different from each other, btw you may be right.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think that all those hacks are using method completely different from each other, btw you may be right.

Except they are. One is a userland only exploit found in the execution of QR codes, the second is a flaw in the verification of legit cards and the third is a full kernel exploit.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Use the program that is supplied by the SD association in order to make sure you don't delete the Protected area.
Also make sure the card says SDXC and not SDHC and on top of that run a test on it to make sure it is not a chinese fake. (Those things pretend to be 64GB or more but in actuality they store 2-4GB and overwrite the files and corrupt etc.)

The reason to format it as exFAT is so you don't have to split your ROMs into two files or more, you only need to dump them in.

Excellent, thanks. It's a legitimate Samsung 64gb SDXC - no worries about it being a fake, because it's genuine. And that's great news about not having to split roms - I assumed that was a limitation of Gateway, not anything else. Nice.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Question guys:

Is it possible to accidently buy a FAKE Micro SD from an oficial retailer (like say, a physical store in one of my country's big shopping malls, for example)?

I've always wondered if that could happen.

Z4n7h3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So When they hit select, it shows all the rom backups that are on the SD card? I have never used a gateway cart before. But its a good thing, everytime i tried to buy a cheap Cubic Ninja (Jap version) i was refunded my money! XD Time to buy this! :D Where is the best place to get one? Or does it backup the whole game on an SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==