OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Welcome to GBAtemp Island
52e7g1.png

GBAtemp Island was once prosperous and filled with tempers, however one day they all just vanished without a trace. Some blame natural disaster, others blame alien life; but it matters not what led to their demise, what matters is rebuilding.

What is this?
A custom SimCity 4 region based off an image of GBAtemp's mascot.

Okay, but why the thread?
Nothing really goes on here at the temp these days, not much that gets the community involved anyway. Mostly it seems random discussion and tempers seem to be drifting further apart from each other, so I figured this might be a good way to get people together (actually blame TrolleyDave since he thinks the thread is a good idea). Together we can fill GBAtemp Island with cities.

How do I help build a city?
The region map above shows all of the usable plots, so you simply have to pick one, call dibs on it (save the image, put a red X on the plot you want, post it in the thread), then download the region pack and extract it into My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions and start playing it. Once you feel that you've built it up as much as you can, go into the regions folder and find the file (.sc4), upload it and post a link in the thread (or PM me since I might miss it), I'll then download it and import it onto the island (I'll probably also update the main post with a "current look" of the island every time somebody sends me a city). If after you've sent it you decide to work on it a bit more to improve it, just send me the updated version once you're done.

I don't have/can't play SimCity 4, can I still have a city?
Sure, just give me a few details (Name, Mayor Name, perhaps a few details on how you want the city to be ran/laid out, and what plot you want) and I'll see what I can do in my spare time.

There seems to be a lot of water on that map, is there enough room for cities on those medium plots that are more than 50% water?
Absolutely; and if you feel that you need more space (or think that you'll need more space) after picking a plot that has a majority of water, just put an island somewhere in the water with the terraforming tools before naming the city.

What about those 100% water maps?
If you feel like playing one of those, again just make an island using the terraforming tools

Rules
I'm not great at SimCity 4, and I don't expect anybody participating to be either, however one of the main things I want to stress is that if you feel as though you won't be able to put enough time into the large plots, PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE ONE. I'm expecting skyscrapers from those, plus I'd rather those be named after Staff Members. (I may also only allow people I trust to play the large plots, lets see how it goes first though)

I'm also planning for all the cities to be connected together, so please leave some room around the borders of your city (four or five squares should be enough).

I'm running the Deluxe version of the game (SimCity 4 + Rush Hour expansion), so that should probably be the version you get if you plan on playing.

Chances are that this'll be a pretty bumpy ride at first, honestly I'm expecting it to bomb (at which point I'll rub it in TrolleyDave's face) so I dunno, surprise me GBAtemp.

Region Download: GBAtemp.zip

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm this might be intresting
tongue.gif

i'll download this once i'm back from my holiday, and once i've installed sim city 4 again.
but i've got the normal sim city 4, not the expansion pack, is that a big problem you think?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone mind if I turn one of the water plots into the
smileipb2.png
face? I used to be good with the teraforming... just that I suck at the actual city building.

Edit: Shit I cant find the regular CD, I found the Rush Hour one though.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
every city can be a capital city, because each one is as important as the other.

and I mean its not like you can assign a capital attribute to a city anyway, so it pretty much works that way anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...