Hacking Get my CD burner to burn DVDs?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible? I just noticed, after all this time of looking into this stuff that I don't have a DVD burner, so do you guys know if theres a way to trick my CD or CD-RW drive into burning a DVD for me?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Microwave it for about two minutes on high. The microwaves should minimize the wavelength of the IR laser of the CD burner into a red (DVD) laser.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys know anyway I'd be able to get ISO's on my PC to another persons PC?

Cause I know someone who has a DVD burner, but I dont think they'd trust me downloading shit on their computer.

RyoutaDDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Do you guys know anyway I'd be able to get ISO's on my PC to another persons PC?

Cause I know someone who has a DVD burner, but I dont think they'd trust me downloading shit on their computer.
Put them on a sd card

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
amazing stuff, why is it in hacking section when you know fine well "impossible" still gave us all "amusement"
tongue.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:

The Absolute Fastest Method:

Remove your Harddrive and bring it to your friend's PC.

There, just burn.

When finished, put it back into your PC.

If its an IDE drive, you can remove one of the cd drives (also has to be an IDE) that may be in your friend's pc, and put the harddrive in its place. It will work.

If it doesnt work, your going to have to reboot the PC, but spam the F1 and the DEL keys until you get to the BIOS screen.

There, make sure it autodetects the new harddrive.

Just exit and save settings, and your good to go.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyoutaDDC said:
Phratt said:

Put them on a sd card

Are there SD cards over 10GB?

Tichinde925 said:
QUOTE(Phratt @ Nov 22 2008, 06:54 PM)

The Absolute Fastest Method:

Remove your Harddrive and bring it to your friend's PC.

There, just burn.

When finished, put it back into your PC.

If its an IDE drive, you can remove one of the cd drives (also has to be an IDE) that may be in your friend's pc, and put the harddrive in its place. It will work.

If it doesnt work, your going to have to reboot the PC, but spam the F1 and the DEL keys until you get to the BIOS screen.

There, make sure it autodetects the new harddrive.

Just exit and save settings, and your good to go.

I'm not that tech savvy, I don't know how to take otu hard drives and things like that, and even if i see a tut, I most likely will mess up.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I forgot to say:

Option #2 fastest method:

Remove your Friend's DVD Burner, and install it into your own PC...(though I dont think your friend would appreciate that, though it will be good practice on installing a DVD burner as you will end up buying one anyway. Internal DVD Burners are alot better than External ones.)

If you dont wish to do that, then the next best thing would be to use an external USB harddrive.

Next come Flash Drives then the SDHC cards.

Since you have a CD burner, you could attempt to burn it all onto CDs....

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way the Wii could play games off of CDs?

I'm guessing that isn't available yet, but is it possible in the fore seeable future?

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow do you live in a cave or something...
There are many options...
Put the iso in your friend's external hard drive?
Buy a dvd burner, they're so cheap now...
Bring your whole comp to your friend's house and file share
many more...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Phratt said:
Is there any way the Wii could play games off of CDs?

I'm guessing that isn't available yet, but is it possible in the fore seeable future?
Ofcourse it is! You just have to sell your soul to Satan. He will then transform your Wiis DVD-drive into CD-drive... with... wait for it... dark magic. But psst don't tell anyone or everybody will want to do it and the poor Satan has too much to do as it is, with all the sinners nowadays.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Z @ Zantee: oh ok , thanks for the info! +1