Hacking Getting SSBB (USA) to work on NTSC-J Wii

pandastew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the compatibility chart and it says that I would have to download the full version of the JAP SSBB first to get the software update before I can run the SSBB USA version. is there an alternate and perhaps an easier way of playing USA version SSBB without the burden of downloading 16GB worth of data? some1 suggested:

My setup prior to SSBB (NTSC-U game - without ever having played ANY version of SSBB on my Wii before):

Jap wii 3.2J (updated via SMG and then online)
wiikey 1.9g

SSBB full game (USA version)

followed directions here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76736

only instead of using the ProphSSBB.inf file, i used the one someone took out from the NTSC-J version of SSBB.

After that trucha signed both partitions (just to be safe) - I let the game update all the way - it hung for 30 sec at about 95% complete, then finished. Game works like a champ - no semi-brick, no freeze, no 001 error, and no dual channels. Thanks everyone for all the great help!

will this method work? I am wandering if anybody have tried this method. if so, would you happen to have the file that replaces ProphSSBB.inf file from the NTSC-J version of SSBB?

my Wii:
Wii NTSC-J 3.2J
Wiikey 1.9s

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Online update should be enough. You just need to be running at least 3.2 from your region.

I run SSBB(USA) on my PAL (Australia) Wii (D2C with Wasabi)... with no patching or trucha signing. It works fine - so long as I run it in 60hz or 480p. In 50hz it gives some problems.

I just let the NTSC-U update run, making sure I was already totally up to date. I already had dupe (USA) channels, so there were no further ill-effects. A good option is to use a clean copy, but using freeloader before running it to block the update - and maybe give better region patching.

Keep in mind, that version 3.3 came out today - and it stops freeloader and probably other trucha stuff from working! So be careful to avoid that... or make sure you are using clean isos at least.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
what to do

install bushings semibrick fix

get rid of error 001

burn us copy

update from us copy

play

did this but didnt cant patch error 001 so i havent experienced the game yet but i cant tell it works

pandastew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested on 3.2J & D2CKey with WBB (Note: You have to run updates from the JPN version of disc before use this USA version with WBB, else you will got a black screen when loading game. Or use some tricks to get only part of updates in the USA disc to work, but it's risky ). Must use DVD+R DL at 2084960 Layer Break with ImgBurn. You can also burn it to a DVD5 (without cutscenes but working SSE) using this method: [1], has an update so use WBB and use Wii Generic patcher to remove 001 error.

this is the method given to NTSC-J Wii owners to get the USA SSBB working. I believe the SSBB have not only a firmware updates (to read double layered disk) and a software update. this is why I believe they suggest that you get the JAP SSBB first and run it to get the JAP version software updates. Wont letting USA SSBB software to update cause my NTSC-J Wii to brick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online