Giving PS3 it's own section

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think since the recent development of PS3 scene, we should break down the PS3 forums into subforums like in the Wii main thread. We could see

PS3 - Gaming & General

PS3 - Hacking

PS3 - Homebrew and Emulation

etc, etc.

Would that not be a good idea?

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
I think it's a good idea since the developing time on ps3 has just begun
wink.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
we are discussing the idea with the staff now, thanks for the suggestion.
of course we have to listen to what our users want.
if everyone wants that section to open it would be foolish not to do it otherwise our users would look for PS3 stuff on other websites and run away from the 'temp...
we'll let ya know
wink.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the temp starts off as a Nintendo Site , and now PS3 comes along .
i find it odd, but i'd rather just have a section where it says "PS3" like the Computer Systems section .

then if you compare structures of what could be in it , you could compare it to the PSP . with them being similar devices [not physically , just the way things are stickied] , you could just sticky important threads such as installing CFW on a PS3 , or recommend homebrews etc etc.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
we are discussing the idea with the staff now, thanks for the suggestion.
of course we have to listen to what our users want.
if everyone wants that section to open it would be foolish not to do it otherwise our users would look for PS3 stuff on other websites and run away from the 'temp...
we'll let ya know
wink.gif
In that case, I'm down. I can't always get online sometimes and it's hard to keep up with the PS3 scene because right now it's all in a cluster-fuck.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Splych said:
i find it odd, but i'd rather just have a section where it says "PS3" like the Computer Systems section .

then if you compare structures of what could be in it , you could compare it to the PSP . with them being similar devices [not physically , just the way things are stickied] , you could just sticky important threads such as installing CFW on a PS3 , or recommend homebrews etc etc.
starting a PS3 section doesnt mean there won't be other, further developped sections in the future
and it's just an idea that we are considering at the moment so dont take the piss
smile.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Costello said:
Splych said:

starting a PS3 section doesnt mean there won't be other, further developped sections in the future
and it's just an idea that we are considering at the moment so dont take the piss
smile.gif

An admin swearing, now thats not leading by example. Tisk tisk Costello, tisk tisk
wink.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yo Costello what happened. You used to be cool. Now you want to expand the site? What's next, world domination? Writing your own book? Learning French?

You've changed.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
science said:
Yo Costello what happened. You used to be cool. Now you want to expand the site? What's next, world domination? Writing your own book? Learning French?

You've changed.

C'est magnifique, mais ce ne pas intelligence.

HOW DARE YOU SPREAD THAT FILTH AROUND! I do actually understand it though, so I guess I haven't been wasting my time in school.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
Splych said:

smile.gif
alright, that's cool !
looking forward to how you plan on organizing this one Costello
tongue.gif

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it should wait, due to the fact that atm every topic will mostly be stupid stuff from little kids like "HOW TO HAX LOLZ" etc.
Yeh.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm pro this suggestion but only if it's possible to collapse the forums I have no interest in at all. I don't have anything from Sony, so I don't want to see the Playstation section when I'm browsing the GBAtemp.net forums. Else it becomes too cluttered and crowded and that annoys me.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
I'm pro this suggestion but only if it's possible to collapse the forums I have no interest in at all. I don't have anything from Sony, so I don't want to see the Playstation section when I'm browsing the GBAtemp.net forums. Else it becomes too cluttered and crowded and that annoys me.
I'm guessing It'd be like the 3DS and GBA sections, with only a single "forum" in the board index.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P