kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
JQE said:
CODEc:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp: In function 'int MenuInstall()':
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp:978: error: 'struct WPADData' has no member named 'battery_level'
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp: In function 'int MenuDiscList()':
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp:1123: warning: null argument where non-null required (argument 2)
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp:1290: error: 'struct WPADData' has no member named 'battery_level'
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp: In function 'int MenuFormat()':
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp:1611: error: 'struct WPADData' has no member named 'battery_level'
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp: In function 'int MenuCheck()':
c:/wii/usbloader-gui-read-only/trunk/source/menu.cpp:1986: error: 'struct WPADData' has no member named 'battery_level'
Same errors here. BTW, I had the latest libwiigui. Any help?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the latest version of libogc (specifically wpad). To get it do the following (assuming you are using linux and already have devkitppc set up)
Code:
svn co https://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/devkitpro/trunk/libogc libogc
cd libogc
make
sudo su
mkdir $DEVKITPRO/libogc $DEVKITPRO/libogc/include
cp -r lib/ $DEVKITPRO/libogc
cp -r gc/* $DEVKITPRO/libogc/include
(note: the 'sudo su' is optional if you have permission over you devkitpro directory)

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
unless something changed today i can compile the previous versions.

I am trying to get the new version but i am on windows so i have to figure it out still..

Have you got it to compile?

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i double checked installed the new libogc (1.7.1) i think i had 1.7.0 and still same errors. I also re-did the libwiigui code.. Everything is up to date and i can install all previous code, just not the latest. Do we need a new module for the battery meters?

grama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
JQE said:
ok so i double checked installed the new libogc (1.7.1) i think i had 1.7.0 and still same errors. I also re-did the libwiigui code.. Everything is up to date and i can install all previous code, just not the latest. Do we need a new module for the battery meters?

Just use libwiigui that is released in the svn, 'cause have some changes, I guess dimok forgot to up some other change that he did on other file, so it's not working... we'll have to wait he came back...
unsure.gif

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And i am certainly ok with waiting, i just like to make sure it's not me...

I am seriously thinking of digging into this more, but i am a systems guy, i can code, but this is all WAY over my head.. they are doing an amazing job. I wish there was more i could do to help.

This is by far my favorite, in my opinion it's about presentation. And this one is the only one i think that looks really profesional and it doesn't sacrifice any of the functionality i need.

Thanks again guys... peace out for now.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything needed to make the battery meters work is also in the snes9x code. get that and try to compile it. if you can compile snes9x, then you just need to copy one of the files out of the source into your folder.

if you cannot compile snes9x, then your devkit isn't up
smile.gif
to date.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you cant just do the downloads to update, you actually have to check out the latest svn release of libogc. On windows, uses TortiseSVN or whatever to download the aforementioned url, and then build the source, and copy the contents of gc to include, and then copy lib and include to your libogc directory. Only the svn release of libogc has the battery meter stuff in it, the download off of sourceforge (or through the devkitpro updater) does not.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
No, you cant just do the downloads to update, you actually have to check out the latest svn release of libogc. On windows, uses TortiseSVN or whatever to download the aforementioned url, and then build the source, and copy the contents of gc to include, and then copy lib and include to your libogc directory. Only the svn release of libogc has the battery meter stuff in it, the download off of sourceforge (or through the devkitpro updater) does not.

The code for the batteries is straight from the snes9x source. So, if he can compile snes9x (which has the battery meters) than he has everything he needs to compile this.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed a bug in r52, you can actually press more than one button at once (like the settings and install button, or the wii and power button). Also, the text on the installing screen is not aligned (the percent complete thing appears up by installing game instead of between installing game and the title), and I think there is something wrong with the completion bar (the boarder is black instead of transparent, and the red bar appears on top of the white one. Another thing, the settings and install buttons like to disappear, like during installation, or if there is no usb device detected. Last thing (for now), the wii and power buttons stay on screen in the settings menu, I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but I thought I would mention

Last thing, has the latest revision been updated to 1.5 or not? If not I may try to do it, if so, installations are still really slow.

Well I'll keep beta testing, and if I ever build up the energy to stop being lazy, and fix shit myself, I will make sure to post any changes to the code I make

EDIT: (So as not to double post)
Installing worked much better in r53, went faster, and it updated percent remaining and time every second instead of every like 10 seconds (and the time remaining was much more accurate). Installing still had the graphical issues though.

Found another bug as well, battery state information doesn't update while a game is installing, I'll check and see if there is anywhere else where this is the case once the current game finishes installing.

One more thing (aesthetic vs. functional), I think the battery state things look better in the mock up (2x2 with labels vs 1x4 without). Also, things look more cramped together in the actual loader than in the mock up, might just be my shitty TV, but thought I would mention it. In the mock up there is a nice shine on the battery indicators as well, which isn't present in the loader (I'm guessing because you cant use multiple images for each of the indicator bars). One relatively simple solution would be to overlay basically a semi-transparent gray (or light-blue) mask over the 4 indicator bars, that way you could use the same image for each, but they would all still appear to have a different shine.

r54 has fixed the percent positioning issue, great work (and fast response)

Found another bug though, if more wiimotes are synced after the program is started, more battery indicator outline things are added (to the right of the normal battery indicators). I know this code was take strait from SNES9X, so it may be present there too. Also, it only adds indicator outlines to 1 more than the number of wiimotes synced or something (I can't quite figure it out, but there is somthing wrong with the way the outlines are created, like sometimes non synced ones have outlines, and sometimes they don't depending on how many were synced when the program was started and how many additional wiimotes were synced).

Anyway, great work guys, this has come really far really quick)

(Wow this post is getting long, someone should make a post so I can star on a new one instead of just editing this one lol)

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK first of all: For all those who cant compile please extract this to your devkit/libogc folder http://snes9x-gx.googlecode.com/files/libogc-04-04-2009.zip. These are the newest libogc LIBs

Thanks for your BUG list.
The Battery stats right now are only for test if they are working. I will make them in a total other way for poping up. Since i dont like that they are not grey in the whole if one is not connected and the BUG with more poping up shouldnt be there either.

I will make 4 images. Outline and Bar for the connected once and Outline and Bar for the not connected. This way we will need 1 more picture than right now. But i will change the code how they are created too. Which will probably solve the problem. Besides the pictures used right now were made in 5 mins by cyrex for me to test it. They are not the ones we will be using.
This is going to happen in the afternoon since i dont have the time for it right now.

OK sorry your post is really long. Did i forget any BUG? Was there anything else besides the batteries?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is the issue with being able to push two buttons at once which causes some problems, and the completion bar for installing looks a little odd (would look better with rounded corners on both the red bar and the outline, and the red should go under the black outline IMO).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the scrollbar act goofy for you guys? It never has behaved correctly on my system. i think the way it is now, it behaves differently depending on how many games are in the list. I have a shitload of games, and the scroller is more F-ed up than a crap flavored lollypop.

I am in the process or rewriting the optionbrowser file. That damn scroll really pisses me off. i think soon I will have it behaving like we want it to.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes there is a problem with the browser i already started to rewritting the filebrowser class from snes9gx but for now i need to sleep a bit (haven´t slept very much, again
smile.gif
).
But anyway if you get it working any help is appreciated.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
There is the issue with being able to push two buttons at once which causes some problems, and the completion bar for installing looks a little odd (would look better with rounded corners on both the red bar and the outline, and the red should go under the black outline IMO).

Lol of course this will be changed. I mean we will change the prompt windows and the prompt game boot window and also the progressbar. This is still not changed from the old version thats why it looks odd.

Hmm strange the thing about the scrollbar. giantpune can you tell me what exactly isnt right? Is it the position of the scrollbarbox or the scrolling itself? and yes i made it to depend on how many games are on your system but this is being checked.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First let me say, i still have the file from your r37, so if you changed it since then i wouldn't know.

I can click the scrollbar and drag it a little. But it doesn't move enough. I will have my pointer completely off the bottom of the screen and the scroller will only go down 5 games. It doesn't let me scroll up by dragging the scrollbarBoxBtn. If the scrollbarBoxBtn is at the bottom and I click on it, it jumps to the top. Also, I can't click the up or down arrowBtn and hold it to scroll.

This is how it behaves with my 50 or so games on the list. Looking at the way it is written, it will work more accurately with less games in the list.

But like I said, I'm working on fixing all this. Also, I am making it so if you press left or right, it will jump more than 1 game at a time.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
First let me say, i still have the file from your r37, so if you changed it since then i wouldn't know.

I can click the scrollbar and drag it a little. But it doesn't move enough. I will have my pointer completely off the bottom of the screen and the scroller will only go down 5 games. It doesn't let me scroll up by dragging the scrollbarBoxBtn. If the scrollbarBoxBtn is at the bottom and I click on it, it jumps to the top. Also, I can't click the up or down arrowBtn and hold it to scroll.

This is how it behaves with my 50 or so games on the list. Looking at the way it is written, it will work more accurately with less games in the list.

But like I said, I'm working on fixing all this. Also, I am making it so if you press left or right, it will jump more than 1 game at a time.

Yeah there were a lot of changes in the gui_optionbrowser.cpp since than. Can you try the newest rev and tell me if it still has the bug for you or not?

I probably know what the problem is. The optionbrowser was changed in its sizes. Therefore it didnt work. I not made it go with the Optionbrowser sizes too. (hopefully lol)
Well at least it works on our sizes for me now. Would be nice if you could check it out and tell me if something is still wrong. I will than change it to the snes9x GX form.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh