Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Sjaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I've asked this question many times before (Hey,
I have a problem with my softmodded Wii. Since I updated to 4.0 firmware, my backuploaders won't load games anymore. For example": with 3.3 I could load Guitar Hero: World Tour, but I didn't have a guitar then, so I couldnt play the game. I bought the guitar a few days ago with Guitar Hero III, but my Guitar Hero: World Tour back-up won't load anymore since I have 4.0 . In Gecko, I just get an error that there is no DVD. With back-uploader, it looks like the game is loading, but then my Wii reboots. I didn't have any of those problems with 3.3 with all my back-ups, and now I can't load one.

So I think I'm gonna downgrade to 3.3 . I heard that's possible? How can I do that? And do you think this is going to work for me? Or are there maybe other solutions, so I can still play those back-ups on 4.0? My Wii is PAL by the way. ).

So what do I have to do in order to recover my Wii? I don't really know what a PreLoader is... is my Wii bricked? (by the way, what on earth is that)

Meh, I'm not really into this hacking stuff, but I really appreciate your help!

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Followed this guide on an LU64 Wii and it was working ok. Then I went to go install some wads and all of a sudden wad manager will not run. It keeps giving me a RET=-1 error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

iamwally

Bob_75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question.....

is the backup launcher provided here via link, region free or does it only work for US games?

tiger1807

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really nice guide, but i have a question

When i tried to patch ios 36m (twice bythe way) it made an http error then a bunch of 0 and 1 numbers appeared.

DId it corrupt my ios 36? Ive heard games like super smash Brawl use ios 36

I really want to clear all my doubts, But since it plays games and i can access the system menu

Is here anything to worry about? and Thanks for the great guide
smile.gif

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend attempted to softmod his wii and couldnt figure out how to get it to work so he wanted me to try. I'm not sure what guide he was using.
So far he has The Homebrew channel on his wii and he's on 3.2u

I've never softmodded a wii either. I've only installed a modchip and all the homebrew stuff and hacks with that. I was trying to follow this guide from the start and the very first step wouldnt work for me. I formatted the 2gb sd card to FAT and copied the private folder and boot.elf, went to data management etc and nothing came up for me. Just looked like an empty sd card.

Is it because homebrew channel is already on there? or maybe because its 3.2?
Can I just skip to another step because homebrew channel is already on there?

Sorry for all the questions.

One other thing I just noticed. His Homebrew Channel doesnt start. Its just a black screen when it starts!

phreezex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chicaman said:
I have a Wii with HBC installed. I want to install BootMii to backup my nand, what should I do?

Just run the hackmii installer again and use that menu to do that.
If you installed as a IOS and not on boot2 you will need a gamecube controller to move around the menu.

kirbymania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phreezex said:
Thanks for guide..

I have a LU65* model.. and install went smoothly.
Everything works..

what verions did you install with 3.4 4.0 4.1? i have a lu65 and want to softmod

also as i have googled around looking for surefire softmod hack for lu64/lu65 i have seen a file floating around called lu64 fix, i did not see that on the how to, is it not needed or is the problem already addressed in your how to without it? also should i update my wii to 4.1 before doing any of this of leave it at 3.4 i think, i just got it out of the box 2 days ago, so im completely noob

tyb1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am running 3.1E firmware on PAL wii right now. Is this firmware version and PAL region work with ur guide? What is the size of SD card I need?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyb1987 said:
Hi, I am running 3.1E firmware on PAL wii right now. Is this firmware version and PAL region work with ur guide? What is the size of SD card I need?
I'm not sure how much better I can define the word all. Yes it will work on your Wii. It will work on any Wii.

You can use up to a 2GB card with most HomeBrew apps. While the Wii supports SDHC, there are a few apps that have some trouble still. A 1GB card is plenty for everything you need plus a NAND backup.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reiichiroh said:
Anyone try this successfully on a LU39x?
Is it really that difficult to understand the definition of all? I'm pretty confused why people still ask questions about whether or not this guide will work on xXx Wii. If you bought your Wii before today's date-- the guide will work.

I've also added the definition to all in the guide so maybe people will get the hint. =)

Don't get me wrong here.. It's wonderful that you're concerned about the well-being of your Wii. But we obviously know what we're doing. So asking questions about something that is clearly stated seems like a bit of an insult. Like you're questioning the knowledge of the subject at hand. If you follow the guide, you will profit.

reiichiroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I can now report I was able to do it successfully with my brand-new LU39x bought just today. No, I didn't mean to doubt you and certainly didn't mean it as an insult. I was just curious since I wasn't sure if the numbering meant that LU39 was older or newer than the LU64.

Thanks for the guidance, I do very much appreciate it.

Question though: when running WAD Manager, it asks first of all which IOS to run at--do I choose 36 or 249? I noticed USB Loader GX options only switch between 222/249.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
reiichiroh said:
Anyone try this successfully on a LU39x?
Is it really that difficult to understand the definition of all? I'm pretty confused why people still ask questions about whether or not this guide will work on xXx Wii. If you bought your Wii before today's date-- the guide will work.

I've also added the definition to all in the guide so maybe people will get the hint. =)

Don't get me wrong here.. It's wonderful that you're concerned about the well-being of your Wii. But we obviously know what we're doing. So asking questions about something that is clearly stated seems like a bit of an insult. Like you're questioning the knowledge of the subject at hand. If you follow the guide, you will profit.

precisely. if people dont understand the definition of "all", then ive lost all hope for humanity. aha, kudos for expressing yourself clearly

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you didn't mean it that way. =)

Glad you got it working.

If you patched 36 with TBR, and then installed cIOS to 249, they should both be hacked and able to run the manager. So just leave it to whatever the default is and it should work fine.

Usb Loader GX gives you the option to switch because you can install a different cios to 222 that allows you to play other games that don't work with 249 (like rock band on some Wiis). So if you don't have anything installed to 222 and you switch there.. your games won't load because nothing is there telling them what to do. =P

reiichiroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I seem thick but I went through all your directions literally and I didn't see any mention in your instructions of cIOS going to 249 unless those were the status messages while they were patching that I missed under these two sections:

Patching IOS36
Installing PreLoader and new cIOS

I'll just install the WADs with 249 then.

Thanks.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reiichiroh said:
Sorry if I seem thick but I went through all your directions literally and I didn't see any mention in your instructions of cIOS going to 249 unless those were the status messages while they were patching that I missed under these two sections:

Patching IOS36
Installing PreLoader and new cIOS

I'll just install the WADs with 249 then.

Thanks.
cIOS automatically gets installed to IOS249. When you installed it you just told it to use 36 when it installed. It didn't install to 36 though, but went to 249.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work