Hacking [GUIDE] Hack your Wii U in less than 1 minute without a computer!

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you use the sigpatch tool on the latest rpx/cfw download and then install to sysNAND? Do have the steps correct?
I haven't use quick sig patch. Only IOSUHAX in sysnand.
You install it with wupinstaller and launch it but only when sigs are patched. Its in installable format. You can't just turn on a wii u and boot it.
Its mainly useful for rednand/coldboothax sysnand.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't use quick sig patch. Only IOSUHAX in sysnand.
You install it with wupinstaller and launch it but only when sigs are patched. Its in installable format. You can't just turn on a wii u and boot it.
Its mainly useful for rednand/coldboothax sysnand.
OK that's what I thought. So CFW or redNAND only. No way to run the channel in sysNAND. Only Haxchi in sysNAND. Thanks for the clarification

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some testing and if I'm correct I should be able to boot straight into a sigpatched sysNAND without the need for custom firmware using this path

Coldboothax to Haxhci-> Haxchi launched default elf which is "simple sig patcher" elf. At that point my HBL channel should work just fine. Thoughts?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haxchi on AppStore still needs haxchi folder manually downloaded and placed on root of SD card, right?

Why can't that be done through the AppStore too? Download elf meta etc as normal, but also the haxchi folder to root?

Seems like you could hack and remain hacked in under 2 mins (with a compatible DS game already downloaded)?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi on AppStore still needs haxchi folder manually downloaded and placed on root of SD card, right?

Why can't that be done through the AppStore too? Download elf meta etc as normal, but also the haxchi folder to root?

Seems like you could hack and remain hacked in under 2 mins (with a compatible DS game already downloaded)?
I installed haxchi without the folder. (Downloaded through AppStore) It just sets the deafult config which is launch the Homebrew Launcher and doesn't replace the meta.

Coldboothax to Haxhci-> Haxchi launched default elf which is "simple sig patcher" elf. At that point my HBL channel should work just fine. Thoughts?
Simple sig patch would still need to launch syshax.xml which is only in the latest commit and has no release yet.

Reactions: KiiWii

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

In the case of wiiubru.com/go, the haxchi elf is running directly without the app store involved, but as @xtheman166 mentioned, without the sd:/haxchi folder it will still install a default config to boot HBL.

As for the case of the App Store itself downloading additional files, I still haven't gotten around to it. I'd like to be able to dynamically download any x number of files as a zip rather than downloading them individually as it does now. It hasn't been a huge deal since not many apps make use of external files at this time, but I can imagine it becoming more important as apps move to RPX.

Reactions: KiiWii

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed haxchi without the folder. (Downloaded through AppStore) It just sets the deafult config which is launch the Homebrew Launcher and doesn't replace the meta.

Simple sig patch would still need to launch syshax.xml which is only in the latest commit and has no release yet.
Yeah I tested my theory and the HBL channel just freezes with black screen after running simple sigpatch. Thanks.

Ropy's

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I try it for install Haxchi, the launcher work good, it's detect "brain age" and ask to me for confirmation (with a message for delete it, uninstal the game) but when I press the a button, I have an error ("rom.zip already exist"). Someone resolved this ?

Hardy_Heron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Altf4.cl
XP
Country
Chile
Good morning, guys. I have some doubts because I want to do a tutorial in Spanish.
The tutorial that was published at the beginning is made for new consoles, blocked?
I did it a long time ago, but I want to simplify it for more novice users.
The signpatcher is still necessary?
Please be free to comment and correct me.
Thank you all.
Many greetings from Chile!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, guys. I have some doubts because I want to do a tutorial in Spanish.
The tutorial that was published at the beginning is made for new consoles, blocked?
I did it a long time ago, but I want to simplify it for more novice users.
The signpatcher is still necessary?
Please be free to comment and correct me.
Thank you all.
Many greetings from Chile!
This is a very old thread

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide will be improved soon; I don't have time now

Requirements:
-A WiiU connected to internet :P
-An SD Card (any sd card is fine)

Instructions:
1. Plug an SD into your WiiU
2. Visit http://wiiubru.com/go on your Wii U and press continue; this will load the Homebrew Appstore (loading times may vary in base of you internet connection; if it takes more than 2 minutes your WiiU is probably crashed, so reboot it and try again)
3. Download the Homebrew Launcher and the apps you wish to have (remember to thank @vgmoose for Homebrew Appstore)

4. Done! You can now launch the Homebrew Launcher (with the SD Card plugged in) by visiting http://wiiubru.com/x (or http://loadiine.ovh choosing Homebrew Launcher 1.3 package) on your WiiU's browser every time you want to use homebrews ;)

Github - Source Code of elf loader from internet (mostly dased on @dimok work)

Credits:

@Cybernatus - php mp4 script (that make launching homebrew possible!) was made by him and was stolen from Kafluke's AIO self-hosting pack
@vgmoose - Homebrew Appstore and much help
@pwsincd - Hosting the homebrew
@dimok - Loadiine sd loader code and dynamic libs
@brienj - Help and code snippets
@QuarkTheAwesome - LiteNESU (on which I based my curl code)

@Marionumber1 - Kernel Exploit
might want to specify 5.5.1 users seeings that the browser exploit it extremely unstable on 5.5.2

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
this is an old thread but the facilities we provide still stand for 5.5.1 users / we could and probably will at some point someday add 5.5.2 just gotta get the payload size down to provide some stability with the exploit.

Narualuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is an old thread but the facilities we provide still stand for 5.5.1 users / we could and probably will at some point someday add 5.5.2 just gotta get the payload size down to provide some stability with the exploit.

Shoot I only just decided to mod my WiiU, the SD card I have I no idea of what is is formated/on it, would this still work on 5.5.3? or would I still need to get a USB/SD adapter to make sure

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I hate it. I would like to hear news of a Wii U hack that is permanent and does not require a purchase from the eshop to do.

That said, I see how this may appeal to people who are afraid to try the other hacks (which are easy peasy) or do not know anyone to do them for them, but if anything I believe this will only encourage them want a permanent hack instead, going through the browser every time would be so tedious!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: yes! +1