Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
scousethief, yeah I could offer some help sometime next week. I this guide ( http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56998 ) to convert all my songs and it works perfectly (though it's worded a little oddly. I also use this batch file:
Code:
@echo off
echo Type the full path of your Goldwave executable file (ie. C:\Program Files\GoldWave\GoldWave.exe)
set goldwavePath=c:\program files\goldwave\goldwave.exe
echo Type the full path of your fsbank executable file (ie. C:\FMOD\Tools\fsbank.exe)
set fsbankPath=c:\gh\tools\fmod\tools\fsbank.exe
echo Type the full path of where you want to store your new fsb files (ie. C:\Wii\GHIII Custom Music)
set songsDir=c:\gh\ghii\custom music
echo Type the path of the folder containing your DAT and WAD file (ie. C:\Wii\GHIII Source\Music)
set wadDir=c:\gh\ghii\music
echo Type the full path of StdDatEdit (ie. C:\Wii\StdDatEdit\StdDatEdit.exe)
set StdDatEdit=c:\gh\tools\sde\stddatedit.exe

:importNewSong
echo Type the name of the song you want to replace (ie. slowride)
set /p songName=
echo Type the name of the song/tracks you want to import (ie. shoutatthedevil)
set /p importsongDir=

set importDir=c:\gh\fof\ghii\%importsongDir%

:importGuitarTrack

set guitarTrack=guitar.ogg

echo Converting guitar track
"%goldwavePath%" /process:GH3mono "%importDir%\%guitarTrack%"

echo Creating directory for guitar track
mkdir "%songsDir%\%songName%\guitar"

echo Moving and renaming guitar track to "%songsDir%\%songName%\guitar\%songName%_guitar.wav"
FOR /F "delims=." %%g IN ("%guitarTrack%") do set guitar=%%g
move "%importDir%\%guitar%.wav" "%songsDir%\%songName%\guitar\%songName%_guitar.wav"

echo Creating FMOD sound bank file
"%fsbankPath%" -o "%songsDir%\%songName%_guitar.wav.fsb" "%songsDir%\%songName%\guitar" -p cross -f adpcm -h

:importSongTrack

set songTrack=song.ogg

echo Converting song track
"%goldwavePath%" /process:Mix "%importDir%\%songTrack%" "-clipboard:%importDir%\%rhythmTrack%" 

echo Creating directory for song track
mkdir "%songsDir%\%songName%\song"

echo Moving and renaming song track to "%songsDir%\%songName%\song\%songName%_song.wav"
FOR /F "delims=." %%g IN ("%songTrack%") do set song=%%g
move "%importDir%\%song%.wav" "%songsDir%\%songName%\song\%songName%_song.wav"

"%fsbankPath%" -o "%songsDir%\%songName%_song.wav.fsb" "%songsDir%\%songName%\song" -p cross -f adpcm -h

:importRhythmTrack

set rhythmTrack=rhythm.ogg

echo Converting rhythm track
"%goldwavePath%" /process:GH3rhythm "%importDir%\%rhythmTrack%"

echo Creating directory for rhythm track
mkdir "%songsDir%\%songName%\rhythm"

echo Moving and renaming rhythm track to "%songsDir%\%songName%\rhythm\%songName%_rhythm.wav"
FOR /F "delims=." %%g IN ("%rhythmTrack%") do set rhythm=%%g
move "%importDir%\%rhythm%.wav" "%songsDir%\%songName%\rhythm\%songName%_rhythm.wav"

"%fsbankPath%" -o "%songsDir%\%songName%_rhythm.wav.fsb" "%songsDir%\%songName%\rhythm" -p cross -f adpcm -h

:importPreviewTrack
echo Generating song preview
"%goldwavePath%" /process:Mix "%importDir%\%guitarTrack%" "-clipboard:%importDir%\%rhythmTrack%"
"%goldwavePath%" /process:GH3preview "%importDir%\%songTrack%" "-clipboard:%importDir%\%guitar%.wav"
cd "%importDir%"
del "%guitar%.wav"

echo Creating directory for preview track
mkdir "%songsDir%\%songName%\preview"

echo Moving and renaming preview track to "%songsDir%\%songName%\preview\%songName%_preview.wav"
move "%importDir%\%song%.wav" "%songsDir%\%songName%\preview\%songName%_preview.wav"

"%fsbankPath%" -o "%songsDir%\%songName%_preview.wav.fsb" "%songsDir%\%songName%\preview" -p cross -f adpcm -h

echo Importing sound banks into DAT and WAD files
"%StdDatEdit%" "%wadDir%\%songName%.dat.ngc" "%wadDir%\%songName%.wad.ngc" -replace_qbkey %songName%_guitar "%songsDir%\%songName%_guitar.wav.fsb" -replace_qbkey %songName%_rhythm "%songsDir%\%songName%_rhythm.wav.fsb" -replace_qbkey %songName%_song "%songsDir%\%songName%_song.wav.fsb" -replace_qbkey %songName%_preview "%songsDir%\%songName%_preview.wav.fsb"

:importAnother
echo Do you want to import a another song? (y/n)
set /p createMe=
if /i %createMe% EQU y GOTO importNewSong
echo Deleting unneeded C header files
cd "%songsDir%"
del *.h
Though if you're going to use it, the paths in the batch will need to be changed (most notably code around where one enters the name of the song that's replacing the original - that's custom just for me). I assume you have a pack of Frets on Fire songs for this? You'll need to load up Feedback and convert all your notes.mid files and save them as notes.chart. Otherwise, good luck!

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keanpedersen said:
The version available works well. I have tried some of the songs on different difficulties, and have found no synchronization errors. I did, however, find some small issues, but no showstoppers:
  • The practice sections only have "full song" -- you can't select part of songs.
  • The savegame is the same as the europe version of GH3, which my real game is, so I'll mess up my scores, unless I hit "quit" before the end of the song.
  • The singer is male on some songs with female vocals, and vice versa.
I havn't tried it in co-op yet.

It wasn't meant to be perfect. If it was, then I'm sure some people would be complaining about audio quality.

*It is doubtful that you'll be able to practice parts in the future.
*The savegame was a nice touch if you're NTSC
smile.gif
Someone should post how to change it back to NTSC that so the PAL users will stop whining (heh) like those "does it work on PAL" posts. What you can do in the meantime if you don't want to mess up your scores is to create a new band and play career.
*I don't know about you but I don't ever look at the background while I'm playing as I'm concentrating too hard on the notes.

This is a much improved release than the one that was posted a few weeks ago that had GH1 only which had much worse audio quality and the song names were from the original GH3 and some songs were broken in that release. Props to the person who put this out.

I'm still waiting for a GH2 release which I've yet to see in the wild on usenet.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i just tried the GH1 and 80's that is on newsgroups and for me, all the new tracks are playing but the charts are still the original ones. in other words, unplayable. It definitely didn't sync with the music and I decided to try some of the bonus songs i know really well, just to realize it's the original charts.

Also, there's a website name in the post and the release has been nuked this morning, haven't been able to see the latest comments but it's not on the site anymore.

I have problems believing a bad burn could have caused this, screwed up like that, the game would not play at all so i'm wondering about the people who says the release works just fine, have you played it? Apart from that, it works great though, the game has never crashed on me, i played around 8 songs just to realize that it was still the original charts.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabo said:
Well, i just tried the GH1 and 80's that is on newsgroups and for me, all the new tracks are playing but the charts are still the original ones. in other words, unplayable. It definitely didn't sync with the music and I decided to try some of the bonus songs i know really well, just to realize it's the original charts.

Also, there's a website name in the post and the release has been nuked this morning, haven't been able to see the latest comments but it's not on the site anymore.

I have problems believing a bad burn could have caused this, screwed up like that, the game would not play at all so i'm wondering about the people who says the release works just fine, have you played it? Apart from that, it works great though, the game has never crashed on me, i played around 8 songs just to realize that it was still the original charts.

I don't know about the bonus songs but I played a few of the GH1 songs and they all worked fine (hard setting) and I'm assuming you're talking about the original GH3 charts? Also I reburned mine on a DVD+RW that had the release a few weeks ago that was incomplete.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there a way to make this game save as a NTSC save? I don't want to mess up my scores on my origional gitar hero 3 and I can't copie my save file to an sd cart:(

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I must be a tard, because I downloaded teh guitar hero 1/80's that's on newsgroups, and my wii is giving me a 'unable to read disc' error.

I used the same media/burning speed I do with all the other wii iso's I get.

I'm using a NTSC/U wii with 3.2U/Wiikey 1.9s. I'm new to this homebrew stuff; am I supposed to do something before I put the disc in?

Thanks!

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One of the future goals for GHIII customization is to modify the save file creation so it can be copied. This would also come in handy for the other games that lock the save to the console. If it has been figured out nobody is sharing it yet.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
markinca said:
Hmm, I must be a tard, because I downloaded teh guitar hero 1/80's that's on newsgroups, and my wii is giving me a 'unable to read disc' error.

I'm using a NTSC/U wii with 3.2U/Wiikey 1.9s. I'm new to this homebrew stuff; am I supposed to do something before I put the disc in?

Thanks!

Try burning it again, the ISO is working, sometimes things just go wrong while burning.

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lagman said:
markinca said:

Thanks!

Try burning it again, the ISO is working, sometimes things just go wrong while burning.

Tried burning it at 2X instead of the 8X i normally burn, and still error. Maybe I got a non-working version or something, I dunno. This is annoying.

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a second, the Guitar Hero 1/80's version that I got on newsgroups is PAL... I assume this is so that i'll save the games as PAL and my NTSC guitar hero will be safe? So I shouldn't change the region on this to NTSC, right? Bleh.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So can anyone confirm that the note charts work for all skill settings? Wabo was saying some were out of synch or the wrong charts or something. Also is this the stereo fixed version?

Be thankful for whomever made this disc cause it is a tedious process to make these. I am 95% complete converting all the GH2 songs over. Just a few issues but the it sounds and plays well. 3 songs wouldn't fit but I just skipped them for now so I could play.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
markinca said:
Wait a second, the Guitar Hero 1/80's version that I got on newsgroups is PAL... I assume this is so that i'll save the games as PAL and my NTSC guitar hero will be safe? So I shouldn't change the region on this to NTSC, right? Bleh.

There's no need to patch, fix, add or remove anything to the iso file if you're going to play it on a NTSC wii.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GH1+80's one works great. lagman and I were playing online, loads of fun. Face off doesn't work though, no notes. But pro face off works fine. No idea on battle mode though, but since it's just the whole song I assume it'll work. Also, co op also likely doesn't work. But still, pro face off online works great, which is very VERY good stuff. Two thumbs up!
smile.gif

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow played a few tracks from the custom gh1 and 80s dvd from newsgroups and im very impressed, major props to whoever took the time to do it, if only my own would go so well lol.

Scouse

ps not forgetting the work everyone else has put into this custom project i commend you all on your efforts.
grog.gif

exobuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would be useful to know how to change the savegame file it uses. The guy who made that disk has changed it to use the PAL save, but it would be nice to switch it to use NTSC save (Or any other if that's possible) for pal users (so you can use quickplay without worrying about overwriting scores). Or perhaps just a way to backup the guitar hero save to an sdcard and restore?

keanpedersen

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the version floating around now was made with a PAL version as base, in order for it to use the PAL save slot. I don't think it is a NTSC version that have been changed to use the PAL save slot. The reason being, that this version contains a lot of different files for different languages, which the PAL version usually has, but the NTSC doesn't have. I don't think the creator went to the trouble of adding all those.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question that doesn't seem to have been definitively answered:

What's the audio on this 1+80's version like? If it's based on PAL it's probably borked audio, right? I'm downloading it and will try it myself, but won't get a chance to play until this evening, so if anyone can chime in before then I'd appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hitorikuroi @ hitorikuroi: @K3Nv2, the answer about life is that it sucks