Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
nutella said:
Purchasing Power Parity. Read up on it.
Nice to have another budding business professional here but Purchasing Power Parity is an exchange rate thing more related to arbitrage. It doesn't explain the price difference at all.
I mean yeah people can buy the system and games from another country and have the 'power' to do so but the initial price is determined by logistical and tax factors mostly.
Forgive my ignorance, but how does this mean we are being ripped off? It's been a long time since i've studied business and the terminolgy is slowly coming back to me. I mean, even if the Australian dollar is about equal with the US dollar, Australians typically make more money so it only makes sense for the 3DS to be more expensive here. Obviously there are a lot more contributing factors, but does the high price really suggest ustralians are being as ripped off as it seems?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i think i made a good decision of getting the PS3 as i think i will be happier getting good games at $50, like ratchet and clank, cod or assasins creed.
3ds, may get it someday, when it gets a major price drop like the wii has, it costs $300 now at aus i'm pretty sure.

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
MADKATZ99 said:
400 dollerydoo's??? ...
Who knew Flanders was interested in this stuff?
I'd imagine him more like a Sony dude.
Huh

Edit: No but seriously, but how come you're complaining? I pre-ordered it for ~377 AUD, and recently it has gone up to 428.
But Norway is expensive as hell, so. Damn taxes.

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that does suck , because it seems pretty likely that the uk prices are going to be held at £229.00 in the shops on release day with the £219 and sub £200.00 ones being online only.

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, tomorrow (AU time) we find out the exact price, and we will find out if this is really the final price. Even though the site didn't say it was an estimate anymore, I hope it is. Hoping for a $300 price tag, but knowing AU history with games that seems quite far-fetched.

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can get it most places with a free game (ubisoft) at the moment.

For a while back there DSE had it up for $298 with a free game, not too shabby.

The fact that Nintendo included region-locking is probably good considering it will give the morally inclined hackers of the scene a good reason to tinker with softmods. ( Where as the only reason was piracy on the region-free DS. )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro have you seen the gfuel instagram