4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anybody provide me feedback on this case please? Like, the size, and the safety, etc. Also for people who have it, referring to the image below, can you remove the stitching inside the red ellipse to create a single larger pocket without anything bad happening? I plan to use it to hold headphones if I could open it up.

cp03.jpg

*Random image stolen from a website*

Thanks.

teriyaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't have one in front of me. But from the looks of it, if you do it carefully, it won't have and damage except leave a few tiny little holes

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The pockets are made from a single piece of fabric so I guess you could remove the stitching whilst keeping the functionality of the pocket. You could also just use the pocket on the far right if you wanted, and if you have a GBA cart there's enough room to have that in the DS whilst the DS is in the case.

As for the case, it's fantastic, looks very sleek, it's not bulky, there's a decent amount of padding and I always feel like my DS is ptotected if in my bag.

Great buy IMO, just make sure you buy one from someone reliable like play-asia.com. Most of the compact pouches on places like ebay tend to be fakes.

smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys. I plan to get one, but I really need to know 100% if the pocket can be opened. I can see the vertical stitching in the middle removable, but (this is kind of hard to explain :S) is the horizontal stitching (the top line) in 2 sections, or is it a single stitched line? If it is in 2 sections then it could be a problem.

EDIT: OKAY. I'm going to buy the case and see what I can do (I would still like to know the answer to the question above) with the stitching. Anybody can think of anything I can put in the GBA pocket. I would like to put my Hori cleaning clothing, but that obviously won't fit
smile.gif

Okay I plan to put some of those Capdase cleaning things that come with the Taku screen protectors. I have two now
smile.gif

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Hori cleaning cloth fits into the GBA pocket (but I'm using it for an SD reader).

To answer your first question, from the looks of my one it may be in one section, but it's hard to tell exactly.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply (finally somebody who cares
tongue.gif
).
Okay I was hoping it would fit, but instead of that I'm now putting in my bendy stylus I just purchased.

I just looked at my cleaning cloth; it was smaller than I thought. Still, I tried folding it into the size of a gba cover, and it was quite fat :S I'll stick with my stylus.

New question: Is there enough room to put my cleaning cloth (folded twice into a square (roughly 9x9 cm) UNDER the DSL while it is in the case. That might be a better way to hold it.

EDIT: Can somebody also comment on how loose the pockets are (how wide can fit stuff in without making the pocket bulge into the DSL) please.

archagon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, mine fits just fine, even folded in half.
As for the pockets, the bottom of the top zipper is ~0.75cm from the top of the case.
You won't fit anything much wider than a GBA cart in there. (as far as I can tell)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheers. Okay I am eagerly waiting for my Compact Pouch now
smile.gif
I'll test it extensively then (currently waiting for another product from play-asia before it ships)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp