Gaming How do you think about the paid online service?

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We all know that everyone doesn't like it because humans are just greedy. But then we have to consider the fact that Nintendo can't provide free and good servers at the same time.
And it's optional. So it's not that bad. Maybe the price isn't even that high.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it "greedy" that PC players don't have to pay for online? Not to mention all the other stuff we have to buy. You know, like the games themselves.

Anyway, we already have thread for this.

D

Deleted User

Paid service I can understand. Removing the licence for a free ancient game each month, I cannot, as Microsoft and Sony already give large ammounts of games, no matter how shite they are.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a chance that I can get by without missing it. I'm assuming it brings easier account mobility which doesn't affect me, and I don't do any online multiplayer (granted that's partially because my home internet is shit). I don't need monthly loans of NES/SNES games as I'm getting a NES Classic and will get the inevitable SNES Classic. I would like game transferability, or being able to buy a game on one console and having it available on all my consoles along with the save - even if the game is not free, I rather not have to rebuy the game at full price.

Of course if the price is something small like $60 a YEAR then I'll be okay with it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The "smart device" part is what ticks me off. If it was in addition to the system doing it, like if you're away from your Switch but still want to communicate with your friends through Nintendo services, then that's completely fine, but to shove everything to it and not have any of it on the Switch is just stupid.

D

Deleted User

image.jpg
image.jpg

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo can't provide free and good servers at the same time.
And it's optional. So it's not that bad. Maybe the price isn't even that high.

Two options:
a) It must to be very, very good. As in people with bad connection speeds having ok to good ping, low to no line waiting and a very straightforward integration with the system.
b) Dirt cheap. Dirt cheap as in less than half of the subscription with Sony.

Sadly, Ninty is new to this. So maybe a is too utopic. B is not even look at by them (that's like selling at a loss).

So yeah.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
seeing as i really barely ever used online in the first place, it doesn't really matter that much to me.

and as long as at least part of the online fee goes into improving their servernetwork, i honestly don't mind at all.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The "free" monthly games are only playable for a month and then if you want to keep them, you have to pay. As for how good the online services will be, well, it's Nintendo so don't have high hopes of XBL/PSN services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Catboy, you arent here most of the time so hi