How the great game franchises shall end?

Sir-Fritz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In generations to come what shall happen to all the great video game franchise? I'm not thinking the games with only a few sequels, but ones like Mario, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Zelda etc that have a huge amount of games. Whats your opinion on the matter?

1. Name a franchise
2. How far in the future do you think it shall end?
3. What do you think the reason would be?
4. Do you think the series will finish on a high note (ie. i great last game)?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Series like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon will never ends. As long as they can makes millions with them, they won't stop making them to make more money.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Donkey Kong
Whenever the next Donkey Kong Game comes out.
Reason being that there hasn't been any good platformers since the Donkey Kong Country games.
The series will end with another Donkey Konga game, thus ending on a bad note.

I also think Star Fox will end fairly soon if they don't get their act together about what type of game they want the series to be.

Seriously, how many franchises ended on a good note? They end when they get lousy. Or sometimes they get lousy and still won't end.
Lots of people (at least on the forums I've been to) use Mega Man as an example of "lousy but won't end"

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Chrono Series
2. 15th August, 2000
3. Square Enix are stupid idiots who don't realise how popular the series is
4. Chrono Cross went alright so, yeah, I guess it did. Shame about Chrono Brake being cancelled though.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
mario
after my great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandson gets bored with it
because of the luigi revolution
it will end with simultaneous release of hi def virtual reality versions of smash bros,mario kart,rpg,a dance dance mix,ultra paper mario,tennis,hoops,and the latest platformer mario universe,then after all of them lose popularity

luigi's series of games begins which will last up when my great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandson's great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great,great grandson gets bored with it

in which time bowser will get his very own video games rated AO for mature violence, rape, and all those things GTA style

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The Legend of Zelda
Nintendo somehow has realized that the game was talking about Link, not Zelda, thus the game becomes The Legend of Link, thus correcting their mistake for the past years
The Legend of Zelda is a good game, although repetitive, it won't get low notes, but won't get hhg notes either

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Pokemon will never ends
Oh yeah?

Pokemon
When the makers of the game start forgetting the Pokemon, because there are so damn many of them. Last counted at over 2000. So they just gave up...
Yeah, with Pokemon Ultra-Violet and Infra-Red, the ultimate Pokemon games. Each have 1000 pokemon with 40 badges to collect over 5 regions. Ends with a battle with Ash, who FINALLY has evolved his Pikachu into a Raichu.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo knows how to handle their franchises.. they take their time to make a new game and always deliver something good.. I believe they'll end only when Miyamoto dies.. which will also be the end of Nintendo
tongue.gif

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Thought I love Kingdom Hearts, I do think that the storyline is bordering on... Well too many different plots, few of which have had any answers, ya know?

So...

1. Kingdom Hearts
2. 2058
3. Because Tetsuya Nomura will die, leaving almost all the questions unanswered because he never told anyone the plot of the game outside the current iteration.
4. Maybe, because fans will make it be... Otherwise with the newest Souless and Loveless enemies introduced into the series, all hope will decimated, but somehow Sora and company will still survive, so Squeenix can make another dollar...

Oh yeah, the name of the last game will be... Kingdom Hearts 8: Another Friend, Another Mystery...
(I say 8 because at the rate of about four years per game, that gives us about 12... But then there are other unnumbered spinoffs, so I knocked it down four years.)

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Pokemon will never ends
Oh yeah?

Pokemon
When the makers of the game start forgetting the Pokemon, because there are so damn many of them. Last counted at over 2000. So they just gave up...

You think that's bad? IIRC there were over 1000 different digimon after only being out for a couple years.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serious?
ohmy.gif

No wonder Digimon died so quickly. It was such a blatant copy of Pokemon though, that hardly anyone watched it or collected the cards. I guess that's what's to blame. Well, I reckon Pokemon will die from over-population at some point. They need to concentrate on what they've got already.

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
How the hell is Digimon a copy of Pokemon?
Seriously, don't say things without anything to back you up. The only thing I can think that is common for both Digimon and Pokemon is that both names end with -mon and they both 'evolve' (Even though the evolving concept is different in Digimon and Pokemon too)

Mario Kart will die when they make Mario Kart - Generation XXIV. Hopefully.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpiritBoy said:
How the hell is Digimon a copy of Pokemon?
Well the first Digimon product was out in 1997, the first Pokemon 1998. Even then there were other "brands" that were the same before those.

EDIT: No that's wrong, Pokemon 1995

And onto the thread:

Mega-Man
Too many spin offs, not one matching the greatness of the original games
Not with those Starforce games.

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any Nintendo Franchise.
In a couple of millennia.
You can only milk something so much.
No it won't they shall burn.

Damn, Not So Super Anymore Mario 81362: Fix The Plumbing Before Turtle Penguins Bite Of Your Left Hand In 5 Seconds While Dressed As Ballerina/Rockstar - That game was a con, stick it where the Mario Sunshine don't shine.
tongue.gif

~ Commander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    anyone here know how to use METEO?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It's very simple.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Meteo is like an AVI-to-GBA converter. Just drag-and-drop your AVI file in, and then convert.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, like those gba carts that have movies and tv episodes in them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But Nintendo's GBA video format is different, being that it uses a custom ROM and chipset for rendering, for like the Shrek and Shark Tale titles. Been undumpable for years and years.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Meteo uses it's own player.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, those roms are dumped currently, right?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although it's kinda pointless to download them anyway since you get the movies in horrible quality
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yep, they are now, but it took a shit ton of RE'ing.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RE = reverse engineering
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, can you remind me what reverse engineering meant pls?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Reverse engineering, to put it simply, is to understand how the software or hardware was made.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol someone tried using my email to log into Nintendo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, is that through trial and error sometimes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, did you enter any sus site?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. He "Entered the Dragon" looking for Bruce
    +2
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    sorry i was away for a while
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    I know how to use meteo
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    but its not working
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I logged into it was when ancientboi was being born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I tried to get into Kens Nintendo account, but got locked out, oh well.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame that's where your wife put her new cew credit card into
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Join the club. lol :tpi::evil::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Join the club. lol :tpi::evil::D