Emulation Hardware How to set up Bluetooth passthrough Dolphin linux

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error when trying to use bluetooth passthrough to connect real wiimote on linux
i tried the steps from this guide --> https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Bluetooth_Passthrough
however "/etc/udev/rules.d/52-dolphin.rules" doesn't exist (its an empty folder)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

1709711134276.png

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going about the former method...
is this correct?
Definitely not correct.

You need to find your bluetooth adapter's vendor and product ID.

Example command:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...or-and-product-info-programmatically-on-linux

It should return something like this, for example.
Code:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 8086:8c1c 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #7
8086 is the VENDOR ID.
8c1c is the PRODUCT ID.

Then you need to make a new udev rule in sudo mode since you're modifying a system directory.
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/52-dolphin.rules
This uses the nano editor in terminal, but you can use whatever you like. Just make sure you're in sudo mode.

And plug those values in the template Dolphin provides, REPLACING YOURVID and YOURPID with whatever your wireless adapters VID and PID is (from the command in the previous step).
EXAMPLE:
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8086", ATTRS{idProduct}=="8C1C", TAG+="uaccess"

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely not correct.

You need to find your bluetooth adapter's vendor and product ID.

Example command:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...or-and-product-info-programmatically-on-linux

It should return something like this, for example.
Code:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 8086:8c1c 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #7
8086 is the VENDOR ID.
8c1c is the PRODUCT ID.

Then you need to make a new udev rule in sudo mode since you're modifying a system directory.
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/52-dolphin.rules
This uses the nano editor in terminal, but you can use whatever you like. Just make sure you're in sudo mode.

And plug those values in the template Dolphin provides, REPLACING YOURVID and YOURPID with whatever your wireless adapters VID and PID is (from the command in the previous step).
EXAMPLE:
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="8086", ATTRS{idProduct}=="8C1C", TAG+="uaccess"
Thank you very much, this worked.

is there also a way to use my builtin bluetooth adapter? the one thats on my laptops wifi module

Reactions: lordelan

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, this worked.

is there also a way to use my builtin bluetooth adapter? the one thats on my laptops wifi module
You'd need to find the PID and VID of your device, then change it in the udev rule file.

If it's not detected as a USB device, you'll need to change SUBSYSTEM to whatever your device uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled