Hacking How To Use: Trucha Bug Restorer by WiiPower

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! I'm a total n00b when it comes to coding, or even attempting to write code. I dont really have any computer training at all outside of the graphics department. This tool works. It worked the first time I tried it. Its very simple, and to me makes a lot of sense. Now I dont have any kind of certificates or anything like that, but the program is pretty self explanatory, in fact it will even tell you what to do if you do things in the wrong order.

Thanks a lot WiiPower, your tools are awesome, and make my life much easier.

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Whatever a "CompTIA A+ Certification" is, if that's something good, you should ask the right questions then when you have a problem, or don't understand why you have to do this and that. Tell me: Why do i tell to downgrade IOS15 before patching IOS36?

um...sorry for flipping out like that...I feel really bad now, especially since I know you work really hard on your projects
frown.gif

I've been doing nothing but trying to install cIOS's for the past few days, but they all get errors... I'm trying to run Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2

1. I have to downgrade ios15 so I can take advantage of the trucha bug. I can downgrade, but when I tell it to install ios36 as ios36, using the wad I got from NUSD, I get error -2011, and it tells me to downgrade ios15... which i did...

2. I know it doesn't matter, but the A+ Cert. means I'm a Professional IT Technician.

I'm very sorry for flipping out like a 4 year old brat
frown.gif
won't happen again. too much time in front of a computer these past few days...

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
And using IOS15 as firmware did not come to your mind???

heh ^.^' ... I'm a moron... THAT worked!!

then cios38 rev13b didn't work, but cios36 rev8 DID.

then I tried cmios rev 3, and the first time it failed.... I tried it again, and it WORKED!!

I can now play F-Zero GX again!!! THANK YOU!!!

once again, i'm sorry for flipping out at you and gbatemp
frown.gif
it was very immature

BB88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have System Menu 4.0 (updated by SM4.0 updater), but I'm not able to install Bootmii as boot2. Will this Trucha Bug Restorer restore the boot2 to be able to install Bootmii as boot2?

EDIT: sorry, I shouldn't post this in this thread. I reposted it on the official application thread.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
BB88 said:
I have System Menu 4.0 (updated by SM4.0 updater), but I'm not able to install Bootmii as boot2. Will this Trucha Bug Restorer restore the boot2 to be able to install Bootmii as boot2?

EDIT: sorry, I shouldn't post this in this thread. I reposted it on the official application thread.
Anyway TBR is nothing to do with boot1/2

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Det1re said:
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Can I still run this without: Wii Decryption: Need (key.bin)
You can.

I just want to show some stuff I made this morning:

You actually should watch it on YT with annotations on.

Excellent ! I was planning to make a video myself. No I don't have to anymore. Updated my sig, hope you don't mind..

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
People who don't understand why they downgrade IOS15 should not mod their Wii.

reading thru this and the readme thats avalible i am kinda at a stuck point. from statements made.
even though i can get thru this im going to ask just to be sure. i'd rather do it right the first time.
a little about what i have done and what i need a preloader for is
Stop the "update checking" I used DowngraderIOS35.dol ,Wad Manager 1.4.dol , boot.dol boot2.dol , cIOS_249.wad, gameplayer[gamma].wad, IOS35.wad, HBC.WAD i have a 4.0 w/out any updates from Wii i softmoded with a new Wii When i tried to run the preloader install
im getting ES -Identify [as SU] ...Error: -1017.
Returning to loader...

Back to your readme it says
Q: What are the requirements of it?
A: Access to some IOS files either by just having internet connection on your Wii or by getting IOS wads.
The TBR is only known to work on system menu 4.1 or lower. For installing a patched IOS36 or 37, you need an IOS with
trucha bug. All IOS from system menu 3.2 and lower have the trucha bug, also the original PatchMii(installed IOS254)
has it, the cIOS that many people have as IOS249 installed, and the IOS that is run with cBoot2. If you have
none of these, use the IOS15 downgrade the TBR offers. But please only in this case
, and after
installing the IOS you want, please restore IOS15 again, i can't guarantee it works as it should,
i only know it works to install patched IOS.

the statement above in bold states "many people have have asIOS249 installed" and "If you have NONE of these use IOS15"
Question:Since i have IOS249 I just use IOS36 patched to get the TTrucha Bug Restored or in my case get it the first time since i have 4.0u?

Hopefully this will answer my and maybe others confusion over using or not using the IOS15 down/up-grader as well.
Thanks for the Help
Daisuke

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Can I still run this without: Wii Decryption: Need (key.bin)
You can.

I just want to show some stuff I made this morning:

Hello

Firstly thanks for the great tutorial. I'm going to be doing this on the weekend and seeing it in action actually clarified a lot of things. I would have screwed up a few steps had I not seen this.

Forgive my ignorance on this but I am not sure what I should put for the "Patch ES_Identify" or "Patch nand permissions". Since I will be doing this on a friend's Wii for the sole purpose of using USB Loader GX, my impression is that I do not need to enable these options (He has an LU70 with System Menu 3.4U). I assume these options would be more useful for someone doing some of the other more low level mods on a Wii like system menu skins and such.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to make the vid
smile.gif

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
3weeks ago, got a wii, upgraded it (without knowledge) to 4.0 via internet
hacked it, worked fine
but now i saw this, with less modifications to files, so maybe more stability..
so I just played back my WII backup with bootmii (boot2) 4.0ver
did an official update to 4.1

only bootmii, hbc and dvdx from the hackmii package are installed to a "virgin" wii 4.1

downgrade ios15 via 36..ok
patch 36 via 15 ok (activated also nand permission)

but screen says always for 37...es identify patch not ok, so ..
i started to patch 37 via 15 without es identfiy, but the both other options
FAILED...seems i have a newer version than (sorry didnt take a screenshot, but it was the current release)

so how can i patch ios37 (and is Rockband the only needed game for ios37???)

thanks for this much easier tool!

i only wish a go back feature, so i dont need always to start ove rin hbc and wait the "long" time in main screen for next step

ThiagoSennin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to download and got this mesage:

--- 0000000100000024 ---
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Grabbing tmd.266...
Download Failed: tmd.266
- Reason: (404) Not Found.

=/ Don't know what to do and YES, i'm very NOOB XP

YumYumSauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good lord. I've spent two nights trying to get this to work on my 4.0 Wii

I've used IOS 15 to downgrade IOS 36 and IOS 37. I installed IOS 36 on 36 and 249, both with all the options turned on, so I can use WAD managers and such. I installed IOS 37 on 37 without the identity patch. I've used IOS 36, 37 and 249 to restore IOS 15 and still everytime I try one of my trucha signed discs I get "An error has occurred..." message.

I haven't tried any homebrew apps other than the HackMii installer beta 2 and that hangs my Wii on a black screen with the slot light blinking on and off.

I used to run homebrew apps all the time, Save game extractor/installer, Gecko OS, Homebrew channel, WAD Manager and so on and blah blah blah and now nothing I can't do a single damn fun thing with my Wii except play games. The only reason I updated to 4.0 was because all my homebrew stuff stoped working and everytime I ran something I got that DSI execption and me going crazy on AnyTitleDeleter deleted IOS 22 or something like that and that kept me from using my Homebrew Channel beta 8 disc.

OK the video and all the post made it seem so freaking easy but apparently I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Anyone got any tips for a dude struggling to get back into this Wii Scene mess?

Ironballs

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, I read many posts and I believe I understand the process, but as I have some language barriers, coul you answer those questions?

I have an US Wii which have been pretty unmodded since yesterday and I'm running System 4.1
HackMii installer says I cannot alter boot2 and then I didn't installed BootMii

Homebrew channel is up and running and i can run some homebrew softwares

However I'm getting error 2011, which I saw we can fix with Trucha Bug Restorer

With the above stated in mind, can I proceed with the TBR process as instructed on the youtube video?
After that, will I be able to install cIOS?
Is there some step I'm missing?

Thank you very much

//Ironballs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer