How/Why You Joined GBAtemp?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I was a lurker at first, as i guess most of us were, gaining solutions to my problems, dunno why, but i just felt i wanted to be part of the community and if i can give a little back, all well and good.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I must not be the only person who joined because you had to sign up to read threads? When did management change that?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My brother showed me the site some years ago. I really liked it, because of the Magazine News.

Back then the threads for the games in the Magazine News were about the games quality and what everybody thought about them. Nowadays it is just a bunch of spamming: be it compatibility-related or people trying to be funny (like atm with Sleepover Party...). I usually tend to ignore that section since one or two years because of that...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
HOW: Well, I clicked the register thing at the top, filled in some info and clicked submit
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

WHY: Kept coming back here for some reason (mostly by searching for Homebrew in general), and registered to learn more stuff about it and see if I could help others
biggrin.gif

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well a couple of years ago my wife bought a DSLite. Then I had to have one. Then Vulpes wanted one. Vulpes later bought a Max Media Dock for his. In the course of researching how to make it play videos I found GBAtemp and found out the thing played backups. I got so much accurate help reading the threads and useing the downloads section that I just stayed. Now I'm just here to help when I can.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,a while back i got myself an r4 (yes, i know it sucks, i got it years ago) and had many problems with it,so I found GBAtemp,but never bothered to join until a few monthes later xD. I have joined numerous forums,but none with the kind staff and members like GBAtemp.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came here for the ROMs.

Well, actually, I was doing research when I was buying my flashcart and a lot of the links lead to here. I eventually made an account and once I realized that my flashcart could sustain my boredom over trolling the previous site I used (which has since gone down the crapper), I finally started contributing and eventually this became my main forum. I've learned a lot here and it's been a great decision to be here, so yeah.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I first found about IRC. I was named Aerro and was on #gbatemp nonstop. Then I googled it and here I am.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, to think that a year and a half ago, I registered... How the time flies.

I joined GBATemp for reasons that I don't really remember. I'm pretty sure it was after my friend told me about it after telling me that flashcarts can play free games. I was skeptical, but I did a few Google searches and found GBATemp. I joined, because I couldn't see the reviews. After that, I lurked around, picking up various tidbits of info, and I eventually found myself contributing as well.

Thanks again GBATemp, you've probably saved me 1000's of dollars.
smile.gif

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
When I first found out what the r4 was, I got one immediately just because of the free games. I had it for about a year and a half, then I got a dsi. That's when I found out about the acekard 2i(on gbatemp.net). I learned alot here, and i could use my acekard for much more than games.
THANK YOU GBATEMP!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Information on imported games since this is the only non-Japanese gaming site that will cover any import game news save for GameFails.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
    Veho @ Veho: Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint...