Gaming I HATE METROID PRIME CORRUPTION!!!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am soo fucking angry right now!!! I played the BRYYO level in Metroid Prime Corruption. I just wanted a bit of gaming fun but it ended in a dreadful nightmare. Everything went well, until I had killed those bloody litle dinosaur thingies. I couldn't get out anymore. And there were those griple things that I couldn't reach. I tried everything for more than an hour until I finally gave in and watched a walkthrough on Youtube. And you know what! The only thing I had not tried was bombing the little rock so I could go through the tube. Well, big deal. I just overlooked it.
But then I wanted to quit, I had been playing this stupid level for more than an hour and I wanted to save and quit. OOOH NOO! There WAS no god damn save point, anywhere! I tried and tried. So I thought well let;s try and reach the end of the level. At the end I was tired and didn't know what to do, so I had another peek at the tutorial "Oh in the last bit you had to jump with your morph ball and put a little bomb in the air so you jumped on the edge", so after numerous attempts I managed to get there. I came on a green see-through roof or something and was completely stuck, as the video tutorial didn't go on after the morph ball point!!!! I didn't know what to do.

SO in the end I gave up this stupid game! I really want to ritually burn this motherfucker, shit on it, then puke on it and then stick it in an envelope and send it to Nintendo.

What a SHIT GAME this is. I mean it's completely crazy that you can't blow up a little rock with a massive Phazon Cannon, but you CAN with a little shitbomb from your morph ball.

I completely ruined an evening that began so nice, with me just wanting some fun with a good game, but ended in UTTER FRUSTRATION!

I really CAN'T believe that a fantastic game like Metroid Prime Corruption could do this to a gamer.

FUCK METROID!!!!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for sharing your experiences
happy.gif

berlinka

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aw man I was just sooo frustrated when I realized I had to play it all again and nothing was saved, that I just had to write off my anger on here.

In general this is off course a very good game. But some things are just so annoying that it makes me so angry.

I mean 'the rock thing' is the best example in this case. I tried EVERYTHING on that little rock thing. But only forgot my little fart bombs. So what do you do? You move on trying to look for other clues. And after 1,5 hours you get so frustrated and it turns out you used the wrong bomb. I mean COME ON!!! And if after that there's no way for me to save the bastard (you know you got fed up with all the seaching so you just want to give it a rest) it just pisses me off so much.

I mean the puzzles aren't that hard, but you have to know what you're looking for in this large environment. Until tonight I hadn't used a walkthrough. But walking back and forth the complete evening just isn't my idea of fun.

This game, although it's a very cool one, probably is not for me.

In fact, there's nothing more I'd like to do now than break the son of a bitch into 1000 pieces.

Not matter how good a game is, I don't have the time anymore to puzzle a whole evening to find out where "THE EXIT" is. It just frustrates me.

Sorry for ranting.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rule number one for Metroid Prime series:
"Scan Everything"
95% of your problems reveal their solutions in the scan visor.
FWIW I never had any of these kinds is issues with Prime. The only thing I didn't do in the game was beat the last boss on Hyper difficulty (I have a 100% save but couldn't beat Dark Samus, so I haven't actually got a 100% ending).

berlinka

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rule number one for Metroid Prime series:
"Scan Everything"
95% of your problems reveal their solutions in the scan visor.
FWIW I never had any of these kinds is issues with Prime. The only thing I didn't do in the game was beat the last boss on Hyper difficulty (I have a 100% save but couldn't beat Dark Samus, so I haven't actually got a 100% ending).

Thanks for your advice Hooya. Maybe, just maybe I'll give this game another try.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I went back for 100% items and some of those buggers were freaking tough to get. And the super duperz secret ending just wasn't worth it. Especially knowing Retro has said they aren't doing another Metroid for awhile.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in defense of your Metroid hatred as revered as it is by a minority of Nintendo fans (only been a moderately good seller in the States, fairly hated in Japan) those who love it to pieces will finish it soon, and the nuts will go for that 100% speed running mess. I used to finish them back in the 2D day too, but never for speed as I failed to see the fun.

Far as the 3D ones go and GBA hated most of them. GBA end was just a rehash and then a badly done overly linear mess with horridly messed up damage values and a camp story. 3D games had the very intelligent enemy and you having to be a target to lock on to fight back. I refused to buy MP2 over it, and 1 I stopped on the Omega Pirate as the grunts with him I couldn't hit due to the broken controls...he wasn't an issue though. MP3 fixed that, but intro'd some really dumb situations where you can get more easily lost or confused as things just mesh in. I quit on it a few months ago in the Xenosomething area with the live Metroids, was rolling around for like 30min trying to leave and I had nowhere to go. There were these 5 light points but needed a weapon later in the game, so I figure there's an invisible wall or something...then came Zack and Wiki, Mario, MOH, etc and I just quit. I may go back to it, can't say I hate it, but it has some really f'd up moments where you just have to walk.

I say give up on it for now, but don't ditch it...go enjoy Mario or something and then come back when you got some time and could care less if you got pissed off if it could happen again.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like was said before, SCAN EVERYTHING. I've never been confronted with a situation I couldn't get out of by scanning.

And FYI, you can ALWAYS save. Just go back to your ship.

Regardless of all that, don't let it get to you. It's just a game. I've found if I'm completely stuck at a point in a game and don't feel like using a walkthrough, I just put the game down for a little while (anywhere in between 3 days to 3 months) and when I come back to it everything is fun, carefree, and much easier.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got near teh end of the game and pretty much gave up. I need the last 2 energy cells to advance and i can;t locate them. So basically I either have to use a walk through or give up.

Considering I still have RE4, Zack and Wiki, Radient Dawn, and 5 other games to get through....I gave up.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you launch all the satellites to download the map data for a specific area, a small white dot appears to tell you where every pickup is. If you do that for all the areas, finding the energy cells and getting 100% pickups is a breeze.

berlinka

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
MP3 fixed that, but intro'd some really dumb situations where you can get more easily lost or confused as things just mesh in. I quit on it a few months ago in the Xenosomething area with the live Metroids, was rolling around for like 30min trying to leave and I had nowhere to go.

That very much sounds like the frustrations I had yesterday evening. It just sucks when you love a game, it just oozes quality, but somehow you can't get any further. I had the same problems with Zelda Phantom Hourglass, sometimes I don't see certain things that could solve a puzzle. And to be honest, I hate to use walkthroughs, it's cheating to me. I think it's part of the kick of playing an (action)adventure. It feels like you've really accomplished something when you work it out yourself.

I say give up on it for now, but don't ditch it...go enjoy Mario or something and then come back when you got some time and could care less if you got pissed off if it could happen again.

I have decided not to destroy the DVD. I just leave it and maybe try it again in a couple of months. And you're right, there are so many other good games I can play, Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, etc. Especially Zack & Wiki is a wonderful game. It seems tailormade for me. Just one area in which you can find everything to solve a puzzle. No need to cross 15 worlds to find a clue. Hours upon hours of searching. PLUS this game has an option where you can "buy" clues. But I did not need them yet
smile.gif

ZACK & WIKI RULES!! YAY!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As some others wrote SCAN SCAN SCAN everything. I'm sure if you'd scanned that rock it would tell you that it has to be destroyed with a little bomb
wink.gif

I say don't give up. It's a great game
bow.gif
(What else did you expect me to say?
wink.gif
)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems we're ont he same page. I too put down Phantom Hourglass too as it's just gratingly annoying and aggravating.

The game itself is good, control is acceptable enough, but my entire issue is the horrid levels of backtracking and having to constantly re-do the same bullshit areas in that Sea King Temple where the hourglass timer comes into play. Every time you do some event, have to go back there, re-do the same lame puzzles +1 each time and then the new spot before the clock burns...unforgivably lame and aggravating. That one thing alone demotivated me into picking up DQM Joker ahead of time (Was going to wait until I had christmas cash + time to) and put it to bed for awhile, maybe for good. I have issues with bad gameplay and design decisions, nearly zero tolerance for it as I used to have to squash stupid crap like that for a job some years ago working for Midway...so I'm quite touchy now.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems we're ont he same page. I too put down Phantom Hourglass too as it's just gratingly annoying and aggravating.

The game itself is good, control is acceptable enough, but my entire issue is the horrid levels of backtracking and having to constantly re-do the same bullshit areas in that Sea King Temple where the hourglass timer comes into play. Every time you do some event, have to go back there, re-do the same lame puzzles +1 each time and then the new spot before the clock burns...unforgivably lame and aggravating. That one thing alone demotivated me into picking up DQM Joker ahead of time (Was going to wait until I had christmas cash + time to) and put it to bed for awhile, maybe for good. I have issues with bad gameplay and design decisions, nearly zero tolerance for it as I used to have to squash stupid crap like that for a job some years ago working for Midway...so I'm quite touchy now.
Phantom Hourglass is a great game if you've not played all of the others! For me it was Zelda lite, way too short and lacked any moments of magic that previous games had.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ I can agree with that as well...felt played out just a bit, but was enjoyable until I couldn't take that Temple bullshit anymore. That was sheer laziness in design doing that time and again.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't understand why everyone hates Phantom Hourglass and returning to the Sea King Temple. The fact is, everytime you return to the Sea King Temple you have a different item that opens a new path in the Temple. Yes it is back tracking, but I don't mind it if it is done with you being stronger or better equipped. This is the same complaint some one should have for Castlevania: SotN or the 2D Metroid Games.

As for the Metroid post, I bet you didn't play old school 2D games. Getting stuck is the norm rather then the exception. In either case, I noticed that once you understand how a game works, then you will know the game. Metroid is definately tricky. In my opinion they made the game easier with Scanning. It's like saying, hey this is what your supposed to do.

The thing that upsets me about all games except for Zelda Phantom Hourglass, is the fact that you can't write on a map. I can't believe it took almost 20+ years of games before someone figured out that Maps should be able to be written on. Nothing more annoying when you think you saw an item in a room 4 game play hours ago, but you need to go back to that room, but which room was it. Ohh that annoys me to no end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.