I have 3 AP classes, 2 club presidencies, and a job...

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LagunaCid said:
joemommasfat said:
In my experience college was a joke compared to high school. Class hours down from 6 hours a day to 3, 3 month summers, and a month off for christmas. I'm going back!
College. Not University.
In some places, college also means a university.
americashat.jpg

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyBryan said:
IB is harder than AP
That's not completely true. For example, IB math is a joke. A high score on AP Calc BC will be much better (for colleges at least) than the highest level of IB math.

You can only take 5 high level IB classes and IB SL is less demanding than AP.

So full AP vs full IB; AP is more difficult.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of what you do in high school you'll look back at and wonder why you did it. it has little bearing on what happens afterward. sure you'll get college done a bit faster and jump into the working world - but why? don't try to grow up too fast - enjoy your childhood and the friends you have now because soon you'll go your different routes and wonder what happened to everyone. just some advice from someone who's been through the whole deal.

S

ScuberSteve

Linkiboy said:
SpikeyBryan said:
IB is harder than AP
That's not completely true. For example, IB math is a joke. A high score on AP Calc BC will be much better (for colleges at least) than the highest level of IB math.

You can only take 5 high level IB classes and IB SL is less demanding than AP.

So full AP vs full IB; AP is more difficult.
Not full IB doesn't exist at my school
frown.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel kind of retarded. Everyone here takes AP and IB (dunno what that stands for) classes.

I took regular classes in high school and it was a breeze. I slept everyday in class, just did the work, and took the test. Slept most of the day away.

I graduated 15 out of 381, due to damn PE class. Running 2 miles in 14 minutes is hella hard! I was hoping to do a little better. lol.

I am sure you will do fine if you are smart enough to keep up all the AP stuff.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ ScuberSteve

what?

#1 is Valedictorian, while #381 is the worst place to be. Does your school system have the same numbering system?

I was 15, I would have had a better placing if I hadn't made an 80-something in Physical Education.

I was in the top 5% of the class.
smile.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, they rank us.

It is on the official transcript as well as the unofficial ones that they hand out at the end of every semester. So you actually know what rank you are about 5 months into highschool.

I never thought about the moral devastation that the "last" person would feel.

What does IB stand for?

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, what's IB? Never heard of it when I was in High School. On another note my AP Calc class gave me 8 college credits and Physics gave me 4. I think my AP Calc cover 2 types of Calc so I got credit for 2 different Calc classes.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
suppachipmunk said:
@ ScuberSteve

what?

#1 is Valedictorian, while #381 is the worst place to be. Does your school system have the same numbering system?

I was 15, I would have had a better placing if I hadn't made an 80-something in Physical Education.

I was in the top 5% of the class.
smile.gif
your school must be small.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, IB was never offered at mine. AP was though.

Nice Carnoljoe. If they had given me an incentive like college credit, I would have taken AP too.

My advisor never told me anything. She was quite the bitch. I would have had a full scholarship to any school in Georgia as long as I maintained a 2.5, but she didn't tell me until a week before I graduated. At that point, I didnt know what I wanted to do with my life, let alone apply for any colleges...

I have the HOPE scholarship, but that is crappy and doesnt pay for everything.

@ phoood. relatively small. We had about 2,000 students from 9th grade to 12th grade. The school itself was too small to accomodate all the students. Around the time i graduated, 2004, the school started some massive overhaul that is estimated at 15 million dollars and they still havent finished it. lol...

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that does sound insanely hard. It seems it makes you actually apply yourself. I was the type of student who didn't really try too hard. I just naturally got good grades. I rarely/never studied, only paid attention in class and did my homework.

Edit: Yeah, but you only get college credit if you pass the AP test. You can only take the AP test if you have like 80% or above in the class.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. You are so much better than I am. I really wish I could be as good as you.
Blow your snotty complaints out your ass, please.

shadowboy

:D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ paul: Wow! Being a douchebag is so fun! Heil Bonemonkey!

happy.gif

I'm procrastinating right now. Should be doing my AP lit Mcbeth essay, but screw it.

I'm it AP Lit, AP GOV/ECON and AP world (double history
biggrin.gif
prolly gonna be my major)
My job is from 2:30-8 every might (sunday off, tyg)
But yeah, it would be 5x easier if I had a competent AP gov teacher, my guy has no idea WTF he's doing... so I have to actually study 10x as hard for that class.

:> The lesbots are hot.

Scuber:
I can see teh futurez
tongue.gif

S

ScuberSteve

IB is made of bullshit.

Almost everyone I personally know who has graduated with the IB Diploma regrets it; they had friends who got the same marks in regular academic classes who got into better schools. IB consumes flexability, and it has a MUCH greater workload than Ontario's academic courses. I have three IB courses this year (dropped it, yay), and they are all significantly more work oriented than my regular classes.

Sure, it's the same program worldwide, but unless the school you plan to apply to recognizes it (most don't), there's no reason to.

In the schools in my city, all the high schools are required to offer an AP program. I applied to one. I got accepted. Unfortunately, I took the IB route because the school is closer, and ended up totally fucking myself in terms of "advanced placement". My school doesn't offer AP (they get around the rule by offering IB). The only thing at this school are my friends and the benefit of knowing when to shuffle my schedule (I know a LOT of people who can reccomend which teachers to try to get
smile.gif
)

Teachers at my school also make fun of students who are in the IB program (not directly, but with other students, which I find hilarious).

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My AP teachers were great! My calc teacher was also completing her MD after school. So anytime someone complained about the work she had a way to relate. My physics teacher reminded me of Bill Nye the science guy for some reason. My fav teacher of all time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3