Hacking I have gotten the R4 (SDHC) v1.21 worked on my original R4 !

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
no its probably not a fake...unless it has a chip under the sticker

it says it a fake because your using a clone kernal on an real r4

you dont have an r4sdhc!!you have a god dam r4! @$#%

spoon_key

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case is there any way of getting Carnival to work on the R4 as it wont work on 1.18?

Also my R4 is over a year old.

Cheers

darkwing9

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, my english isn't very well. I've patched the new Firmware R4 SDHC Version 1.22 and ist works very good with my original R4 Revolution card. To play the Carnival Games with the new patched Firmware you need to fix the game with the arm 7 Fix.

Thanks aero125 for the amazing instruction. With your support r4 revolution will not die so quickly.

Best regards Darkwing

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yes it is possible
you need microsft farmework .net *latest* then ds lazy unpack the rom then upack another rom that works copy the arm7 from the working one onto not working one then pack your rom up and play
smile.gif

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got 1.22 sdhc version to run on my original R4 and its working perfectly. theres a new version out 1.23, but did the same steps and you get a "this card is fake" error.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lets make one thing clear. the r4 doesn't have the physical (aka HARDWARE) capacity to read sdhc cards. a SOFTWARE update will NOT fix this.

that's like saying: HEY GUIZE, the new psp firmware update allows me to play touch screen games!
glare.gif

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasnt talking about reading sdhc cards, im using a 2gb micro sd. actually the N5 1.23 firmware encrypted works fine on the original R4. I just want newer games to work without having to patch them. So far everything works except sonic. you can get that to run with arm7 or find the already patched version. just trying to help those that want to go past the 1.18 firmware. but those that want to use a bigger card (sdhc) well you cant.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lithium210 said:
I just want newer games to work without having to patch them.

use YSMenu
wink.gif

Its a new firmware for the R4 that works better than the normal firmware.
You need to do a bit of work but it makes up for it when you dont have to ARM7 patch games
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it simple to add skins to it? i mean N5 firmware is working really good. the only rom that isnt working is 2794 (sonic) which was suppose to fix it. i'll check it out though..

wii_go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm so stupid, i'm making a new topic, & not a reply like i want primary. I've got the R4 III upgrade & i'm going on www.r4dsl.net, there's a 3.03 firmware wich all the latest roms (2836 & before) works perfectly, sdhc support. I don't know if that helped somebody or not but voilà...

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
lithium210 said:
i wasnt talking about reading sdhc cards, im using a 2gb micro sd. actually the N5 1.23 firmware encrypted works fine on the original R4. I just want newer games to work without having to patch them. So far everything works except sonic. you can get that to run with arm7 or find the already patched version. just trying to help those that want to go past the 1.18 firmware. but those that want to use a bigger card (sdhc) well you cant.

i dont remember hulk working
wacko.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
what a lame worthless post. i thought it was already established that all so called "updates" from these clones are nothing more than hex edits. they dont actually fix anything because they cant. they dont have the source code to the r4 firmware.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually you're wrong about that. i was on firmware 1.18 (original r4, not sdhc or clone), games like kirby super star ultra or unsolved crimes would give me the save game error. now after updating to N5 1.23 or even the R4 sdhc 1.22 firmware, those games now work perfectly. so before you say that it fixes nothing, you should try it out.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Only works if you use the same language firmware as your R4 have.
For example, if you have a English R4, you need to use the English version of the clone hacked R4 firmware or that don't boot (appear a hardware error).

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh i tried all others, R4 sdhc firmware, RIII, NPlayer, its all the same just numbered differently. Best combo i found was the N5 firmware with YSMenu dualboot or just the YSMenu alone. All my games are working now!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course