OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yay.gif

I was tired of waiting on crediar, but am not non-appreciative of his vast work. I also thought I would like to support the WODE team, for the innovative (if overpriced) after market device they have made. I don't know if that's correctly placed money, maybe donating to crediar would have been more principled....but I've always wanted a WODE.thoughts.

Question:

What would be the best way to pair the WODE w/ SNEEK? I would like to run WODEFLOW, but from a SNEEK nand? Thoughts on my purchase and on SNEEK + WODE + WODEFLOW.
(I can't get my HBC to work .8)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no interferance when using any of the *neek and wode. both of these work.
sneek + wode
uneek + wode ( requires separate HDDs )

however, wodeflow uses cIOS/DVDx to talk to the wode hardware. i honestly havent tried using it like you are planning, but the only issue i can think of is that you will either need a slightly modified wodeflow, or you will need dvdx working in *neek.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. Whether I need to install DVDx at all, as a consequence of using these instructions, or whether it might be needed anyway for DVD movie playback with WiiMC or another app, and thus desirable?
DvDx is ONLY needed if you have the HBC 1.0.6 or below. If you install HBC 1.0.7 or above then you do not need DvDx. ANY HBC version can be installed on ANY Wii System Menu version
found that in the wodeflow forums.
I'll keep this thread update w/ my progress. In the meantime, i'm just gonna get my sneek setup w/ 1.0.7 and be ready for wodeflow.
thanks the reply, pune.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anybody out there that DOES? do this kind of setup?

I think I'm going to run into major trouble. First to my knowledge, the USB port for the WODE isn't even on the Wii, its on the wode. Thus my USB drive for my apps is gone. This would also mean that unless I enable SD homebrew access in SNEEK and recompile....I don't know how I'd launch WodeFlow or Wode Menu, since these are both dols....and homebrew located either on USB or SD.

ANother thing, is SNEEK's homebrew capability. Through my SNEEK searching over the past 2 weeks, it appears to me that loading a USB loader from SNEEK is impossible read: you can't, don't try. Thus, running either wodeflow or wode manager from SNEEK is also impossible.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd just love to implement that second layer of brick blocking on top of my boot2, while still implementing WODE.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to add a mini REVIEW of the Wode JUKEBOX.

Notes. Install is a little bit of a pain. Stand quality is pretty good, but the thing wobbles itself, while the Wii inside it wobbles. Definitely annoying. My Wii went from slick~! to wObBly, woa, don't touch it.
On bootup, the drive now goes through a drive eject twice, which I have been told is the normal. The sound characteristic of the drive has changed ever so slightly, possibily due to the sandwiched WODE in there, or my overtightening of the drive standoffs. More annoying. you are indeed sandwhiching the WODE in there, don't be fooled. thus......the electrical isolation stickers front & back.

Using latest 2.4 firmware, looking up my WBFS files took over 30 seconds and was not practical. Removing a subdirectory and downgrading to 2.1, the lookup now takes less than 5, which is completely acceptable.
GC games work fantastic from WODEFLOW and the LCD menu. Its quite slick really. WodeFlow doesn't however feature Banner Sounds in the menu, which was also slightly disappointing. Softmod Wii loading is easier, faster, and prettier but not by a large large margin. Wode using WODEFLOW is definately workable. of note too!, WODEFLOW is compatibile w/ HBC 1.0.8 now, no need for DVDX. just dig the WODE forums for the latest version.

To my knowledge, the wode and wodeflow, cannot be combined with a sneek setup, due to homebrew incompatibility/cios stuff.

In the end, I will SELL my wode when crediar releases his GC solution. Until then, I'll be playing GC.....minus a wobbly Wii and a noisy startup. However having a GC game show up in WodeFlow!, click it and play......now thats pretty awesome. So until crediar releases his genius, Animal Crossing classic anyone?

B-/C+
(for 89$, wait a couple more months on crediar)

10-11-2010

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have has a wode for quite some time, a few things I've learned.

a. use the ext4 file system. loads your games WAY faster.

b. don't bother with the Velcro, all it does is make your wii wobble on the stand. I just ripped it off either side and used a small amount of transparent tape (packing tape cut less wide) along the edge between the wii and the wode. not noticeable and the wii is firmly attached to the wode.

c. use customizemii if you wish to add music the the existing wiiflow/wode menu channels.

also, I don't know why yours is any noisier, mine isn't, even a little. maybe you sandwiched it a little too much.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
I have has a wode for quite some time, a few things I've learned.

a. use the ext4 file system. loads your games WAY faster.

b. don't bother with the Velcro, all it does is make your wii wobble on the stand. I just ripped it off either side and used a small amount of transparent tape (packing tape cut less wide) along the edge between the wii and the wode. not noticeable and the wii is firmly attached to the wode.

c. use customizemii if you wish to add music the the existing wiiflow/wode menu channels.

also, I don't know why yours is any noisier, mine isn't, even a little. maybe you sandwiched it a little too much.

on a: i could use the ext4 filesystem, but fat32 is more convenient for hd sharing between devices, for me personally.
on b: this tape? is it double sided? I guess i'm still a little fuzzy on where exactly you put the tape.
on c: i probably wrote this confusingly, correct terminology escapes me, but I was talking about the banner sounds that play when you select the game inside! of wodeflow. i read that the developer didn't implement this as it was very difficult to do w/ the wode.
yeah, i'm thinking I probably tightened the screws on the wii disc drive suspension possibly a little too tight opposed to positioning the wode incorrectly. however, i'm not dying to redo the process over again, so I'll probably just live w/ it. the sound catches me because it changed, and I had become accustomed to the old sound. mental, i know. however that doesn't excuse the 2x eject sound on startup.
thanks for the feedback/advice!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hell the normal restaurant kinda sucks too