IGN says Resident Evil 5 can't be remade because it's "racist"

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought we were done with this shit of calling RE5 racist, but here we are. Back then there were some people who tried it and ultimately failed from trying to "cancel" the game, and now IGN is reviving that insanity.

Article: https://www.ign.com/articles/the-resident-evil-game-that-cant-be-remade

Hell, if you're gonna say Resident Evil 5 is racist, then you'll also claim RE4 is racist because your targets are Europeans (specifically, the Spanish), but somehow it's fine to kill Europeans? Okay, IGN. Your racism is showing.

Here's a video from 15 years ago and it puts IGN to shame for trying to call it racist:

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Funny thing is that said something like changing the protagonist for someone more "representative"
But they literally forgot about Sheeva, the woman you met IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME

Reactions: Skv0ra

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my experience, when normie SJW activists ask for representation in media, it's usually riddled w/ double standards b/c they want to pick and choose what representation suits a given marginalized group, but only when the depiction of said marginalized group is represented in an unfavorable light will they voice their vitriol by 'raising their pitchforks' and threatening to boycott and inflict retribution over the content that was produced in order for the team/company behind the produced content to bend the knee and cater to their demands which are highly unreasonable. At this point, we're not dealing w/ rational people: they are terrorists (in my book) who don't want to negotiate in good faith, but impose their will onto others whose views they don't agree w/, but the moment they get any sort of pushback after their diabolical plan or disingenuous agenda gets exposed, they'll either protect their social media account by going private or they'll disable comments on their posts like the cowards that they are.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is that said something like changing the protagonist for someone more "representative"
But they literally forgot about Sheeva, the woman you met IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME
The very first trailer makes it seem the game was going to be a one player adventure, no AI helper.

Honestly, RE5 should have made it optional to play as:
A) Chris Redfield
B) Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar (Bot)
C) Sheva Alomar

Hopefully they fix that on the remake.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,
Reactions: Quore

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Remember the whole "latinx" thing? It basically confirms that they don't really care whether the group being represented is happy with the representation, as long as they can virtue signal.

Even after the majority of Hispanic people said that they do not like being called "latinx", corporations like Discord still do it. They don't care what they think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    need to have official info from N
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days
    The age of home consoles has passed, they got assimilated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still serve a purpose for people that don't want to dive deep into it and just buy something that works
    I think the PS3 was the last console that was custom and felt at least slightly home console to me, although the constant updates pissed me off to no end.... "I got a day off from work let's play some games..." Well maybe after the hour long firmware update.... Shit the game needs an hour long update too??
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsofts giving us options the other two should've followed with tbh not everyone is going to give a damn about 4k 120fps
    Yeah I think they should have focused on 1440P and let the TVs handle upscale duty
    My 4K TV admittedly is a higher end one turns 1080P into 4K nicely
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Og switch should've released with 1440p and then release with a cheaper 720p panel at the end
    Switch Ghetto Edition lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw a lite they missed an opportunity to sell the screen
    I think all these retro consoles and Pi owe a large part of their market to home consoles being so expensive and the collectors driving up old consoles to the sky.
  • Faust03 @ Faust03:
    switch 2 will only have 3 games and will be the second coming of the virtual boy
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah if you're thinking switch 2 vr headset they have enough of a blueprint for specs to be decent Mario in full room scale would be cool some vr headsets already did demo of smb3 with a apple vr iirc
    Augmented reality peach dating sim would sell a few copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://youtu.be/gVLHKrHBbZI?si=s_ljcNW1cQpvBkPj this would be cool if it just mapped the outside and was just there
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/gVLHKrHBbZI?si=s_ljcNW1cQpvBkPj this would be cool if it just mapped the...