Gaming IGN's Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Review

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome. Looks like they worked out the clumsy controls of the original and there isn't as much back tracking AND you have all your abilities and don't lose them at certain points.

Sounds like everything I didn't like about Prime 1&2 have been fixed, looking forward to playing this.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
pretty good review, they got a few facts wrong, like the "all new on-screen 3d map" that's actually been there since the first prime...
and the comment about the loading doors, I guess it's valid but I still prefer it 100 times over a generic "Loading..." screen, atleast you can waggle your gun around while you wait
tongue.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
One of the best reviews I've seen on IGN in a long time, makes me want the game even more. I think the on-screen map part refers to the map being on screen whilst playing (like in the corner or somethin)? As before you would have to access it...

EDIT:
Its on the visor! Nice touch.

A

armand66

One of the best reviews I've seen on IGN in a long time, makes me want the game even more. I think the on-screen map part refers to the map being on screen whilst playing (like in the corner or somethin)? As before you would have to access it...

EDIT:
Its on the visor! Nice touch.

Go get yourself another Wii man, you know its gonna hurt you to have to wait to play another Metroid game!

Make sure its a D2A though lol:P

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Great 9.5
ohmy.gif

"Gameplay
Spectacular. Controls better than any console first-person game before it,"

Zaago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of the best reviews I've seen on IGN in a long time, makes me want the game even more. I think the on-screen map part refers to the map being on screen whilst playing (like in the corner or somethin)? As before you would have to access it...

EDIT:
Its on the visor! Nice touch.

I think that's been there since the first prime too.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also read the review, and I saw the video review. It seems like they like it. A lot! I'll definately buy this when it comes out in Europe.

Until that, I still have Metroid Prime 1 and 2 to finish. I'm stuck at on of the first levels, and that's the reason I didn't play both games a lot (I had many other games). This time though, I want to finish them.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
pretty good review, they got a few facts wrong, like the "all new on-screen 3d map" that's actually been there since the first prime...
and the comment about the loading doors, I guess it's valid but I still prefer it 100 times over a generic "Loading..." screen, atleast you can waggle your gun around while you wait
tongue.gif

word
smile.gif
that's the thing u constantly do whenever doors take awhile to open
smile.gif
wave around the arm like crazy and occationally blast like crazy
biggrin.gif

For those who played more than two hours:
Meta Ridley battle was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that when you want to get things done right on the Wii, Nintendo has to do it. I wonder if they use the same dev-kits as Ubisoft for Red Steel or it's most likely that Nintendo has the upper hand in hardware knowledge. Good grief.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny that when you want to get things done right on the Wii, Nintendo has to do it. I wonder if they use the same dev-kits as Ubisoft for Red Steel or it's most likely that Nintendo has the upper hand in hardware knowledge. Good grief.
Well the difference is pretty simple. Metroid was supposed to launch with the Wii like red steel but Nintendo put one more year of development into it to be sure it's good whereas Ubisoft shipped red steel right away to make a quick buck. Put one more year of development on red Steel and it could have been awesome too most probably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night