ROM Hack Injecting Roms on 3DS VC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Shh! Be careful what you say around here regarding the usefulness of these threads, you might upset someone :creep:;)

Shouldn't this thread go the Smea hacking section or something? I thought there was a section for these kinds of announcements.

Problem is OP didn't know it was smea when posting.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I can feel you.. also, the whole "omg not enough proof" stuff is bullshit. Let's just go through a couple points here:
  1. GBC games are run through an emulator. Anything else wouldn't even make any sense.
  2. You can run privileged code on 4.5 and below or using EmuNAND/RedNAND/whatever you want to call it.
Do you need anything else? Those two should be enough to prove that it's possible.
the worst part is i wasn't even posting those as proof or anything. i just tried something, it worked, i was happy and so i figured i'd share. but no apparently i'm teasing and being an asshole. seriously people, if you don't want to see what i'm working on, don't look at it, it's that easy.

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the worst part is i wasn't even posting those as proof or anything. i just tried something, it worked, i was happy and so i figured i'd share. but no apparently i'm teasing and being an asshole. seriously people, if you don't want to see what i'm working on, don't look at it, it's that easy.

Yea, I know :/ This community is really.. meh, I guess.

Reactions: profi200 and signz

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's also easy not to tease people.Either way good job there man keep it up! I hope it will be easy for you to release a PoC if possible xd

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you are both missing my point.

The first thing you do to check for fakes is look to see if the green 3D light is on, because that means it's definitely in 3DS mode. Because the 3D light would normally be off anyway in a VC game, that pic could be taken while in NDS mode with a little image rendering and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

In short, the only thing that gives this claim legitimacy is smealum's reputation. If he didn't have that, then there would be absolutely no reason to believe it.

You are retarded. The screenshot in the OP is a 3DS XL, which has NO 3D LIGHT ON THE SLIDER!!!!!

Reactions: signz and zero2exe

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The great majority of GBATemp's userbase in no way represents the scene, so there's no worries here. This isn't U.S.S.R, the fruits of your work belongs to you and you only and you decide what to do with them. smealum posts photos of his Homebrew on Twitter because that's how he rolls, you're supposed to marvel at it and the fact that it's actually working, not whine and beg for a release or downright insult him.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The great majority of GBATemp's userbase in no way represents the scene, so there's no worries here. This isn't U.S.S.R, the fruits of your work belongs to you and you only and you decide what to do with them. smealum posts photos of his Homebrew on Twitter because that's how he rolls, you're supposed to marvel at it and the fact that it's actually working, not whine and beg for a release or downright insult him.
That's people people here always expects something in return. *Looking at a certain member in general
It's their greed. Lol. What people doesn't understand is tht hacking is first and foremost a sport. They aren't obligated to release anything for the masses. There's a reason why hackers don't post their work here and that's because they don't understand that.

Reactions: signz and Foxi4

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if it a well know developer and or hackers
is should be true

so they, post info to show, it CAN be done, but they ,might not release it
now, other people can see if they can do it too, and release it

it has happened with other exploits and hacks

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
real or fake whats the difference for us? we dont have it and it could be a long time till we get it if we ever get it. alot of ifs and maybes and anyway what's the point in this almost everything can play gb and gbc roms and a dstwo can do much more and most people have it by now

daxzc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So let's argue about the topic at hand again.

Does anyone think this could be exploitable in some other way?

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wtf? What do you want to "exploit" there? Injecting GBC ROMs is only possible, if you have code execution, so it would be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack