ROM Hack Injecting Roms on 3DS VC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe you are still missing my point. The fact that there is no 3D light means such things are easier to fake.
Isn't 3d disabled when you start a virtual console game though? (Idk if you turn off 3d in parental control does the light turns off on the regular 3ds or when playing virtual console games?)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't 3d disabled when you start a virtual console game though? (Idk if you turn off 3d in parental control does the light turns off on the regular 3ds or when playing virtual console games?)
Yes, which (as I've said like 50 times) is the main part of my point. Since the light would be turned off (or non-existent in the XL's case) anyway, there is no way to tell if that pic is taken in DS mode or from an actual VC title.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, which (as I've said like 50 times) is the main part of my point. Since the light would be turned off (or non-existent in the XL's case) anyway, there is no way to tell if that pic is taken in DS mode or from an actual VC title.

The touch screen itself pretty much debunks that theory bro.

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Stop whining. He's not releasing because he don't want piracy.

So self righteous!

Guys I love finding exploits and hacking, but I'll just keep it all to myself.

At least he doesn't have his donation box set up right now begging for money.

Reactions: the_randomizer

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
oh please just fuck off everyone. the whole point of twitter is that only people who are interested in what i do will see it; i don't post anything here for a reason. if you're not interested, then just move along and stop moaning about how i'm a dick for not having released anything yet.

"oh please just fuck off"

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, while playing a GBC game? There,s a reason why it would post a freaking 3DS pic on DS mode while playing a GBC game. Seriously man? Oh wow, no wonder hackers never post their stuff here. I'm done
You do realize I'm a homebrew dev, right?

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You do realize I'm a homebrew dev, right?

Are u still finding a use to post a random picture that wouldn't serve a purpose on the touch screen while playing a game on the top screen? Especially when talking about a hacker that has shown the capabilities of his 3DS being hacked? I mean, seriously.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Are u still finding a use to post a random picture that wouldn't serve a purpose on the touch screen while playing a game on the top screen?
You need to chill out bro. All I've been saying is that this is something you could easily fake. Saying things like it's impossible to render stuff to the bottom screen is ridiculous. There are even examples for it included as part of the devkitPro installation. I'm not as well acquainted with DS homebrew as with Wii homebrew (that's what I work on most), but I know enough that I could probably have something like this (running in DS mode) by the end of the day. You just render a video game screenshot to the top screen, and a screenshot of the standard "Touch for Virtual Console Menu" message on the bottom screen.

Obviously as I don't have the reputation of smealum you wouldn't have any reason to trust it (and shouldn't, since I would be giving an example of how to fake something), but other than that, I would have an apparent duplicate situation.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to chill out bro. All I've been saying is that this is something you could easily fake. Saying things like it's impossible to render stuff to the bottom screen is ridiculous. There are even examples for it included as part of the devkitPro installation. I'm not as well acquainted with DS homebrew as with Wii homebrew (that's what I work on most), but I know enough that I could probably have something like this (running in DS mode) by the end of the day. You just render a video game screenshot to the top screen, and a screenshot of the standard "Touch for Virtual Console Menu" message on the bottom screen.

Obviously as I don't have the reputation of smealum you wouldn't have any reason to trust it (and shouldn't, since I would be giving an example of how to fake something), but other than that, I would have an apparent duplicate situation.

Oh I am perfectly chill. I still don't see how does it serve to fake a picture like that especially since, like you say, is from him. So at the end of the day, I still don't see why you're going that far to prove him wrong. Especially since it would be useless to do something like that especially since he blew the 3DS right open.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I am perfectly chill. I still don't see how does it serve to fake a picture like that especially since, like you say, is from him. So at the end of the day, I still don't see why you're going that far to prove him wrong. Especially since it would be useless to do something like that especially since he blew the 3DS right open.

He's not proving him wrong, he's saying that it can be faked and if it were someone else doing it, it would be harder to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night