Hacking IOS36 Patcher - Install Preloader on a LU64/65 Wii!

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very much needed. What preliminary steps should be taken before attempting this. my lu64 wii is at 3.4u and only has the homebrew channel installed.

Also since this only came out yesterday and only seems like five of you got this working, would it be a good idea to try this on my own normal non-lu64 wii, it has bootmii on it so if something did go wrong i could restore my nand.

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LxTrix said:
This is very much needed. What preliminary steps should be taken before attempting this. my lu64 wii is at 3.4u and only has the homebrew channel installed.

Also since this only came out yesterday and only seems like five of you got this working, would it be a good idea to try this on my own normal non-lu64 wii, it has bootmii on it so if something did go wrong i could restore my nand.

If you're talking about the patcher and not TBR then you'll need at least BootMii as IOS. Then you need to install LU64.wad (or LU64fix.wad or whatever it is called). Now you're able to use the patcher with IOS249. If patched you can install Preloader.
Or you could replace the wad manager in cboot2 and directly run the patcher without the need of IOS249.

If you're talking about TBR you downgrade your IOS15 and you're able to install patched IOSes.

Dan_Aykroyd said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 1 2009, 05:54 PM) I hate it when open source software is modified and not open source.

Mmm... what do you mean? What application are you talking about?

I too am wondering which software you ment.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where's the source of Any Title Deleter mod? I really wouldn't be surprised if it would work great with my patched IOS36(with all patches).

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it's the Modv5 from Red Squirrel there isn't any I guess. Its only binary where he released it
frown.gif

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The logo says Eagle, but I have no idea of thats the type or the brand or whatever
tongue.gif
. Dont have the box anymore in which it came.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New Trucha Bug Restorer version:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6363

Changes:
- When downgrading an IOS, the ticket from the high revision is installed and the one from the low one is skipped
- added a few security checks
- printfs are almost final
- Consequently, do preparations, then ask "press a to continue"

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:

Changes:
- When downgrading an IOS, the ticket from the high revision is installed and the one from the low one is skipped

Wow, great WiiPower!!!

Does the ATD work with it now? I guess not...
frown.gif

Could be possible to modify the original ATD source code to make it work with all these patches?

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dan_Aykroyd said:
WiiPower said:

Changes:

Wow, great WiiPower!!!

Does the ATD work with it now? I guess not...
frown.gif

Could be possible to modify the original ATD source code to make it work with all these patches?
ATD works with this but not the cIOS installer don't. (tested 0.9 only)

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no, it still doesn't work with ATD. ATD gives an error at the last step during ES_Identify.

Anyways WiiPower, your application seems great! Your developed a well thought menu, self explanatory and with quite some options! Would love to see it progress to patch an IOS36 to be compatible with ATD!

Thanks!

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i'm correct you should add this your first post...

Requirements
- Internet Connection on Wii
- Bootmii installed as IOS
- LU64fix.wad installed

So to run the patcher you only have to do one or the other? (install the custom ios or cboot2) Or do you have to do both? Might be a good idea to put them into steps. Then afterward i'm guessing it's a good idea to install the trucha bug restorer?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Well no, it still doesn't work with ATD. ATD gives an error at the last step during ES_Identify.

Anyways WiiPower, your application seems great! Your developed a well thought menu, self explanatory and with quite some options! Would love to see it progress to patch an IOS36 to be compatible with ATD!

Thanks!

AnyTitleDeleter works for me. Are you talking about the hatred mod?

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:

Thanks!

AnyTitleDeleter works for me. Are you talking about the hatred mod?

Mmm... no. The original ATD gives me a -1017 error at the ES_Identify step when your patch is applied. If I go and downgrade the whole IOS36 to v1042, then ATD doesn't give any error and works fine.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ive done this:
- downgrade IOS15
- menu IOS36: install 36 bug fix in 36
- run ATD
- remove IOS36
- install IOS36v1042 using wad manager (IOS15 as firmware)
ps: i've done this only of testing purpose and i've bootmii as boot2, don't try this without need and don't "play" with ATD

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
Ive done this:
- downgrade IOS15
- menu IOS36: install 36 bug fix in 36
- run ATD
- remove IOS36
- install IOS36v1042 using wad manager (IOS15 as firmware)
ps: i've done this only of testing purpose and i've bootmii as boot2, don't try this without need and don't "play" with ATD

Dont you get the error at the ES_Identify step?

Are you 100% sure that you are running latest IOS36 (v3094) and that is patched with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...