Hacking IOS36 Patcher - Install Preloader on a LU64/65 Wii!

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simo75 said:
This patch it's not enough for full use of AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/A...tle_Deleter_MOD )..
frown.gif
frown.gif

He's right... something is missing in the patching process.

I'm on FW 4.0, using an old serial numbered Wii. If I use this to patch IOS36 and then run AnyTitle Deleter, it gaves an error at the last step were it's "Identifying as System Menu". If then, I go and install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad (full downgrade instead of this patch), when I rerun AnyTitle, it works fine without error.

Can you add whatever patch is missing here?

Thanks!

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheShadowRunner said:
Hey all, Scarfish,
I have a LU65 Wii with firmware 3.4U, chipped with wasabi zero.
I installed the HBC via the bannerbomb hack, then proceeded to start using Wad Manager 1.4.
But each time I tried to install a WAD (game), I got "Error = -2011".

So I found this tutorial supposed to fix the problem: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6#comment-109
and started doing it. I stopped at step 5: run CMDVDX34 ("Downgrade IOS35"). It actually downgraded IOS35 succesfully.

I then realised that I have a LU65 Wii and must use the IOS36 Patcher to be able to install preloader and go on from there.

My question is: can I use Scarfish's IOS36 patcher, even though I already ran CMDVDX34 and downgraded IOS35 succesfully on my LU65 fw 3.4u ?
Are there any risks? If so, how should I restore the original IOS35 before I can use the IOS36 patch?

Thanks for any help!

You shouldnt downgrade anything on your Wii. Since you downgraded your IOS35 I suggest you reinstall the latest version. You can use NUS Downloader for getting the latest version as a wad.
Using this patcher has nothing to do with downgrading IOS35 since that IOS isnt used in the patcher. You can use the patcher just fine. If you dont have an IOS with the trucha bug you first need one or use the cboot2 method. Since you're on 3.4 you could install IOS16-64-v257.wad on you Wii and use Wad Manager 1.4 (Enhanced Edition from Sorg) where you choose it to load with IOS16. Then install LU64.wad or whatever it is called. Now you will be able to use this tool.

Simo75 said:
This patch it's not enough for full use of AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/A...tle_Deleter_MOD )..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Thats right. This doesnt give you the ability to login as th Sysmenu yet. It only allows to identify as SU. It think this also needs some other ES_ functions patched for accessing the flash but I'm not sure of that. If the last statement is true try WiiPowers tool which will patch these functions.

WiiPower said:
All brave people without trucha bug on their Wiis already can try this:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6340
It's beta stadium, and i won't explain it. Have fun.

Definitely gonna try this! I'll be looking at the ES_Identify some more to fix the identify as System Menu too. If I have a fix I'll let you know.

QUOTE(Skizzo @ Jun 30 2009, 08:44 PM)
Would a Wii with this done then be able to run USB loaders, or is that not possible at all at the moment for LU64+ Wii's? I've got my 3.3v2U Wii doing everything I need, but a wife's friend saw the loaders and wants one. I just wanted to know if it's possible before I waste my time researching the safest way to do it.
Yes, but you need to install a proper cios for that (eg 13.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simo75 said:
frown.gif
frown.gif

Thats right. This doesnt give you the ability to login as th Sysmenu yet. It only allows to identify as SU. It think this also needs some other ES_ functions patched for accessing the flash but I'm not sure of that. If the last statement is true try WiiPowers tool which will patch these functions.

What's that WiiPowers Tool? I've searched all over (GBAtemp & Google) and couldn't find it. Does it fully patch the IOS36 then, just as your patcher + identification as SU?

Thanks

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
How about searching this thread?

Oh... WiiPower the USER!

I've already downloaded the TBR but was afraid to run it because he didn't explained what it did. Was afraid that when started would autopatch everything without even asking!

Can someone confirm me this? Does it work, and does it let you select which IOS to patch? If so, should I use your IOS36 Patcher Starfish + TBR or TBR only?

Thanks!

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarfish said:
Skizzo said:
Would a Wii with this done then be able to run USB loaders, or is that not possible at all at the moment for LU64+ Wii's? I've got my 3.3v2U Wii doing everything I need, but a wife's friend saw the loaders and wants one. I just wanted to know if it's possible before I waste my time researching the safest way to do it.
Yes, but you need to install a proper cios for that (eg 13.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's on 4.0U. Still OK to give it a go?

And does it have to be 13, because I'm seeing people saying that you have to restart the Wii after each game using that cIOS? She doesn't need to be able to run the latest games right away so she can wait for 14, but in the meantime would 10 work? Thanks for your help. Once I'm pretty sure it's going to work, I'm obviously going to spend some good quality time researching all the methods, but this seems real straightforward, which is always good. I'm really nervous about bricking her Wii, because right now we can't afford to replace it (just buying our first house!).
smile.gif

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarfish said:
Use TBR only, since it does what my app does + more and on other IOSes as well.

Can I select to it only patch IOS36 instead of automatically patching every IOS?

If I can't, could someone please make a mod for this?

Thanks!

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Scarfish said:
Use TBR only, since it does what my app does + more and on other IOSes as well.

Can I select to it only patch IOS36 instead of automatically patching every IOS?

If I can't, could someone please make a mod for this?

Thanks!

It won't do any auto patch thing. There will be a menu to let you choose what you want to do. Just try it.

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wiipower utility need IOS36-64-v3094.wad in the root of SD..no online installation.
Use NUS Downloader, Title ID: 0000000100000024
But..Wiipower utility too (with all patches to yes) it's not enough for full use of AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD.
frown.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Simo75 said:
Wiipower utility need IOS36-64-v3094.wad in the root of SD..no online installation.
But..Wiipower utility too (with all patches to yes) it's not enough for full use of AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD.
frown.gif

I think if you would mod the ATD mod to ignore the system menu identifcation, it would work fine. Or does it need it for something else than nand access?

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simo75 said:
frown.gif

WiiPower said:
QUOTE(Simo75 @ Jul 1 2009, 05:54 PM) Wiipower utility need IOS36-64-v3094.wad in the root of SD..no online installation.
frown.gif

I think if you would mod the ATD mod to ignore the system menu identifcation, it would work fine. Or does it need it for something else than nand access?

hate2.gif

So it still doesn't work???!
frown.gif

Damn it. I'm in the same boat as you Simo. Is there some way then to patch IOS36 v3094 to insert all the bugs needed for ATD and other software that relies on this IOS? IOS36 v3090 still doesn't work, right? The only version capable is v1042?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The IOS36 from TBR with patched nand permissions can read and write every file on nand when identified as SU. What the heck does ATD mod need the system menu identify for?

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
The IOS36 from TBR with patched nand permissions can read and write every file on nand when identified as SU. What the heck does ATD mod need the system menu identify for?
I don't know.
frown.gif

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nknave said:
This work on any Wii, LU64/65+ and older Wiis.

I just tested them.

Also, I just found out on my friend's LU65 Wii, that you don't need to install IOS16-64-257-prod.wad and LU64Fix.wad in order to Mod it.

New way using this tool (I made my wad with Wad Creator (thanks Scarfish))

Mod any Wii:

Using cBoot2 and BootMii

Just install IOS36-64-v3092.wad (this is the newest IOS36 and patch it with this software)

Run cIOS38 Rev13b Installer, and your set.

You don't need to do more!!!!
grog.gif

Thanks ScarFish.

This deserves a whole new tutorial as well.
it gives me an error on install of wad -1035 and it its not 3092 its 1042 no?
and 1017 on the cios

i used the lu64fix tutorial

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will be looking at the Sysmenu identify stuff, but as I stated I made this program so we could install Preloader again which only uses SU.

techker said:
nknave said:
This work on any Wii, LU64/65+ and older Wiis.

I just tested them.

Also, I just found out on my friend's LU65 Wii, that you don't need to install IOS16-64-257-prod.wad and LU64Fix.wad in order to Mod it.

New way using this tool (I made my wad with Wad Creator (thanks Scarfish))

Mod any Wii:

Using cBoot2 and BootMii

Just install IOS36-64-v3092.wad (this is the newest IOS36 and patch it with this software)

Run cIOS38 Rev13b Installer, and your set.

You don't need to do more!!!!
grog.gif

Thanks ScarFish.

This deserves a whole new tutorial as well.
it gives me an error on install of wad -1035 and it its not 3092 its 1042 no?
and 1017 on the cios

i used the lu64fix tutorial

What exactly did you do (and are you trying to do)?
nknave was actually talking about a patched IOS36 wad. IOS36-64-v3092.wad in this story isnt just the wad from Ninty. It's a wad I patched with the stuff the IOS36 Patcher does because nknave doesn't have an internet connection.
Besides that you dont want to install IOS36 v1042 on you LU64/65 Wii since this IOS wont work anymore! Thats the reason for this patcher.

If Wad manager gives you the -1035 it means that an IOS with a higher version is installed.

What nknave did (and what should work) is he used cboot2 and instead of installing LU64.wad (LU64fix.wad or whatever) he installed the wad I gave him (with the patches). Et voila Preloader without the need of a cios.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Scarfish! Please let us know when you can add the Identity stuff so we can use ATD too. And also, if you add the Trucha bug then it'd be the most complete patcher for the IOS36 available!

Thanks!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him