Hacking is a DSi worth it?!

SokeSleezy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was contemplatin gettin a DSi since my son is obsessed wit my DS so i figured id give him my old one and get myself a new one,but im not sure whether to get just another DS Lite or a newer DSi... i keep reading the battery life on it sucks compared to the lite,and that isnt exactly swayin me in its direction...and being that it plays the same games is their really any reason to get a dsi over the lite? i mean do they even have any plans to release any GOOD dsi exclusive titles?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get the DSi XL instead of a DSi. All the features of the DSi, better battery life than the DSi, and BIGGER SCREENS (trust me, it's worth it)

Also, Photo Dojo is a good reason to get the DSi XL (It's an awesome game, and it's only $2). I'm not sure if there's any other good DSi-exclusive games, but at least you'll be able to get DSi-mode homebrew (GBA emulator?) once the encryption is cracked.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the whole DSi idea is DSiware, there are a lot already and I think around 20 to 25 are GREAT games/apps. Just Flipnope studio (which is free) worth it.

DSi is like a transition to a major download content system that is posibly coming to 3DS

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jamesdiamond said:
And it isn't that much more expensive.
Yup, if you bought the DSi with the DSiWare that came built-into the DSi XL, it'd only be $2 cheaper than the DSi XL.

That means the DSi XL price is computed as (
frown.gif
Canadian prices):
$180 for being a DSi + $18 for the built-in DSiWare + $2 for longer battery life, shiny top, bigger screens, extra hinge lock, better speakers, bigger stylus and bragging rights + Sales tax (5% GST in Canada=$10) = WIN

I find it kinda strange that the DSi XL is more expensive in Canada, even though the Canadian dollar is currently the same value as the US dollar.

SokeSleezy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well u guys are makin it sound more intriguin,lol...but how much bigger is the Xl compared to regular dsi? cuz i like the compact size of the lite and i kno the dsi is pretty much the same thing..

D

Deleted_171835

SokeSleezy said:
well u guys are makin it sound more intriguin,lol...but how much bigger is the Xl compared to regular dsi? cuz i like the compact size of the lite and i kno the dsi is pretty much the same thing..
I'd say it's a lot bigger. My brother and compared it to my regular DSi and found it to be gigantic! It still seems rather portable, though.
dsi-xl-vs-dsi-b-nsg.jpg

Link2Us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
` regret . said:
Is the resolution screwed up on the DSi XL? Like does the game look stretched out?

No, the games on the XL looks amazing. My friend has a XL and i've seen pokemon soulsilver on it and it looks even better than on my dsi. I want to trade in my dsi for a XL.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
` regret . said:
Is the resolution screwed up on the DSi XL? Like does the game look stretched out?
Nope. And you can only see the pixels if you hold the DS to your face.

And this retarded kid at my school who likes arguing says he could see the pixels from 5 feet away. I can barely see the pixels from 6 inches. And if he could see the pixels from 5 feet away, he must have 20/20 vision and be able to see the pixels on a DS lite from at least 3 feet.

cheez203

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
Get the DSi XL instead of a DSi. All the features of the DSi, better battery life than the DSi, and BIGGER SCREENS (trust me, it's worth it)

Also, Photo Dojo is a good reason to get the DSi XL (It's an awesome game, and it's only $2). I'm not sure if there's any other good DSi-exclusive games, but at least you'll be able to get DSi-mode homebrew (GBA emulator?) once the encryption is cracked.

you can run a gba emulator on it? is that possible?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
It's possible with a DSTWO, but that isn't in DSi mode. I'm just stating that once the DSi mode will be hacked, there's a possibility that homebrew such as a GBA emulator will be released (for example).

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
` regret . said:
From what I read on the internet I have gathered that the DSi and the DSiXL share the same screen resolution however the DSiXL has a bigger screen obviously. From that you can deduce that the DSiXL would have worse screen resolution than that of the DSi because of the same resolution but difference in size.

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SokeSleezy said:
was contemplatin gettin a DSi since my son is obsessed wit my DS so i figured id give him my old one and get myself a new one,but im not sure whether to get just another DS Lite or a newer DSi... i keep reading the battery life on it sucks compared to the lite,and that isnt exactly swayin me in its direction...and being that it plays the same games is their really any reason to get a dsi over the lite? i mean do they even have any plans to release any GOOD dsi exclusive titles?
Dell has the white and pink DSi for $129 which is a great deal considering that is the same price as the lite!

SokeSleezy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ehh if i do go wit the DSi even thought 129 is awesome price,i want a black one lol...the ds lite i got now is white and only cuz wen i bought it they only had that particular color in stock...i dont think ima go wit the XL though,i went to gamestop to check it out and its freakin huge,lol...

and another note,does the old school R4 work on a dsi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp