Is it possible to use bluebomb to play a video?

dumbfoxfurry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know this sounds crazy but hear me out, I wanna use bluebomb to play a rick astley video through my Wii as a joke and taking a look at how it works i figured i just need a boot.elf file that can play the video
I've looked everywhere and I can't find a way to do it
I've thought of modifying the Wii+internet video channel but i can't find a way to do it
Does anyone know a way i can either modify an existing or create a boot.elf file that can do the job?
I'm new to modding WAD and DOL files so i figured someone here might be able to point me in the right direction, if its even possible

Thanks sm

• Haha
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really like the general idea, but not that joke(?) with the certain video I never understood. Incomprehensible (and nobody was ever able to explain it to me).

Nice troll possibility. The biggest hurdle in this regard is the (Sync) button. It needs to be pressed for Bluebomb to work. Otherwise it would be perfect. Somebody turns on their Wii… and suddenly some random jumpscare video plays. Boooo!

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really like the general idea, but not that joke(?) with the certain video I never understood. Incomprehensible (and nobody was ever able to explain it to me).

Nice troll possibility. The biggest hurdle in this regard is the (Sync) button. It needs to be pressed for Bluebomb to work. Otherwise it would be perfect. Somebody turns on their Wii… and suddenly some random jumpscare video plays. Boooo!
I agree I never understood it either but to each their own

I feel like this would be much easier to accomplish by auto booting into a homebrew app using bootmii(that is possible right or am I thinking of something else ?)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Recent Tears of the Kingdom leak trolled many people by making them download a 16 gigabytes specially packaged video that runs when you execute the game, with Ganon and link dancing to a parody of the merengue song Suavemente by Elvis Crespo. That level of trolling doesn't have to be understood, same as the very enjoyable era of Never Gonna Give You Up.

I agree I never understood it either but to each their own

I feel like this would be much easier to accomplish by auto booting into a homebrew app using bootmii(that is possible right or am I thinking of something else ?)
Bootmii doesn't autoboot files, but Priiloader does.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Non-touch method of trolling. Visiting friend owning an unmodded Wii.

"Let's play some Mario Kart."
*Friend turns on Wii. H&S screen appears*
"Please press (Sync) for allowing me to connect my own Wii Remote."
*Friend presses (Sync)*
*Secretly presses button to execute custom Bluebomb on battery powered Raspberry Pi in backpack.*
Custom message says: "Software update running, Do not turn off the power." to cover the substantial waiting time for uploading the payload.

Suddenly a video plays… and if you want it that Rickroll thing.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Recent Tears of the Kingdom leak trolled many people by making them download a 16 gigabytes specially packaged video that runs when you execute the game, with Ganon and link dancing to a parody of the merengue song Suavemente by Elvis Crespo. That level of trolling doesn't have to be understood, same as the very enjoyable era of Never Gonna Give You Up.
:rofl2: oh man!

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed