Hacking Is it serious ?

Manyproblems

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I just recieved an email from my internet retailer saying that Nintendo had made a complaint saying that my IP adress had download a Wii game illegally... It says that it could lead to a pursuit against me.

The only thing is that it was the first fucking game that I ever downloaded and now I'm already stuck with those Nintendo fuckers on my back...

Now, I want to know if that already hapenned to one of you and if it is just a way to scare people.., I mean, it's exacly the same situation with music download... Yeah, it's illegal but everybody does it.

So anyone ?...

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah.. how did they get your email? And for that game that you downloaded, did you play it online (Although playing online shouldn't matter too)?

payas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use peerguardian or other ip blocking software. If not then its more than possible thay tracked your ip from a download. Always use some sort of ip blocking when downloading games ect
lecture.gif

Manyproblems

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
payas said:
Did you use peerguardian or other ip blocking software. If not then its more than possible thay tracked your ip from a download. Always use some sort of ip blocking when downloading games ect
lecture.gif

No I didn't... I'm pretty sure that they tracked me while I was seeding with bittorent... I was seeding while downloading

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the moment I've downloaded like 100 of illigal games for several consoles and I had never problems with developers.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Manyproblems said:
beegee7730 said:
how did they get your email? They usually send letters...

I got it from my Internet retailer

Hmn... then thats probably not targetting Wii only. I think they are just monitoring your internet usage. And it just happens to be a Wii game hence from nintendo. If at that time, you were downloading a movie, then i guess the complaint will be from WARNER BROS?

Manyproblems

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
donchen said:
Manyproblems said:
beegee7730 said:
how did they get your email? They usually send letters...

I got it from my Internet retailer

Hmn... then thats probably not targetting Wii only. I think they are just monitoring your internet usage. And it just happens to be a Wii game hence from nintendo. If at that time, you were downloading a movie, then i guess the complaint will be from WARNER BROS?

No, the complaint was for the download of Wii Kart...

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go buy the real game and say you wanted to have a backup in case your real game gets destroyed. At least you will have a case, oh if you can buy the game in cash so it doesn't show on paper work that you brought it after the complaint.

Read this link from http://www.wiiliving.com/nintendo-cracking...on-bittorrents/

BUT read the comments:

"A friend of mine has had seven of those. It is RARE for them to ever take action."

"Guys… Nintendo cannot pursue legal action because the Privacy law is a very prominent law and copyright laws in this case usually can only overide the privacy law in the case of one business copying the Wii software from Nintendo. Plus the ESA is American and i Live in Australia so they cannot do anything against me! Did you know that only 1 in 200 cases of copyrights infringement by one person copying software and being found out is pursued in court and only 1 in 5 of those does the person actually be convicted. So HAH! So only 1 in 1000 people who have been found out for “burning” are convicted. And lyk hardly anyone is found out anyway!"

Other words, Don't sweat it.

Stiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received a letter a few years ago from my ISP regarding a few movies I accidentally found online. I chilled for about a year or two after that, and it never went further. I would do the same if I were you. Assume everything you do on the internet is being watched. At least for awhile. If nothing comes from it, make your own decision then. A good loophole is to have a unsecured wireless router. Not sure if it really helps a lot, but I run peer guardian and just about any other firewalls I can.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't worry about it. It is common practice that if an ISP provider is contacted by one of the companies out there that monitors torrents, they contact the client of said ISP (you). I Really doubt anything will come of it (I'm from canada too, I've had similar crap sent to me in the past, lol)

Just stop using torrents for them, they are slow anyway.

Look into jdownloader, you can literally grab a wii game in oh, 30 minutes or so.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think just use a IP blocking software then... or... yeah... don't use torrents.. and follow what TroyTheZombie said.

alkobottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tell them that you didn't download anything, you have an access point without encryption and tell them to go f*ck themselfs.
No, seriously, the open access point lie and a strong hardware encryption saved my friends life.

So people - lie and encrypt, then they don't have anything in their hands!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to