Hacking Is there a way to transfer save files from a BANNED CFW switch to a regular unmodded OFW switch?

Nephthys_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I just transfered my Pokemon Violet save data from my unmodded switch to my modded switch to make a backup so I have a save to mess around with (game mods, cheating, etc.), but when I tried to transfer the save back I get an error message saying my CFW switch is banned, this is the first time I've seen anything about that switch being banned or I wouldn't have risked it in the first place.
So now I'm stuck with no save data on my OFW switch, is there any way I can fix this? preferably without getting my OFW switch banned as that would defeat the purpose.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its patched, So I can't transfer via JKSV or PC either. I used the built in transfer tool the first time but the transfer back failed

Need an unpatched unit if the other unit is banned, but then again you probably would get banned since it is pokemon if you inject a save with homebrew. Moderate chance of a ban with homebrew.

Nephthys_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Need an unpatched unit if the other unit is banned, but then again you probably would get banned since it is pokemon if you inject a save with homebrew. Moderate chance of a ban with homebrew.
Damn, I was afraid of that.
Thanks for the help though!
Guess I'll continue playing on my CFW switch and mess around on an emulator :/

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only path I see would be:
  1. Backup all desired saves from the unmodded Switch to Nintendo Online
  2. Put desired saves and account on a clean unbanned but modified Switch via jksv/tinfoil/dbi/etc....
  3. Boot into OFW
  4. Link Nintendo account to said Switch
  5. Upload desired saves to Nintendo Online
  6. Unlink Nintendo account on said switch
  7. Return to original switch and attempt to download the save
This is of course risky because you're talking to Nintendo servers with a modified console and could get that console banned as well.

BuyTimeShares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only path I see would be:
  1. Backup all desired saves from the unmodded Switch to Nintendo Online
  2. Put desired saves and account on a clean unbanned but modified Switch via jksv/tinfoil/dbi/etc....
  3. Boot into OFW
  4. Link Nintendo account to said Switch
  5. Upload desired saves to Nintendo Online
  6. Unlink Nintendo account on said switch
  7. Return to original switch and attempt to download the save
This is of course risky because you're talking to Nintendo servers with a modified console and could get that console banned as well.
Pokemon doesn't support cloud saves. He would have to use a feature like Transfer To Another Switch... but that even also connects online to authenticate and process things, so there is still the same risk of ban from what I've read. I plan to do it at some point myself, but I do not worry much because I will not be pirating any switch games, and I will not be creating any illegal pokemon or generating any pokemon and I will just be trading over or transferring.

Last edited by BuyTimeShares,

jojoeds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon doesn't support cloud saves. He would have to use a feature like Transfer To Another Switch... but that even also connects online to authenticate and process things, so there is still the same risk of ban from what I've read. I plan to do it at some point myself, but I do not worry much because I will not be pirating any switch games, and I will not be creating any illegal pokemon or generating any pokemon and I will just be trading over or transferring.
So did you try this yourself?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch got banned and I want to buy a new one and transfer my saves for smash ultimate and mario maker 2 over, my plan is to get JKSV back up the saves from my banned switch, get a cfw on emunand on my new switch and restore the saves there with JKSV, then go and resubscribe to NSO and cloud backup the two saves (I have heard that you can use some homebrew and connect to nintendo's servers without getting banned hoping JKSV is among them) then go back to sysnand and download the cloud backups from nintendo. Has anyone successfully done this? Is there anything I'm overlooking?

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch got banned and I want to buy a new one and transfer my saves for smash ultimate and mario maker 2 over, my plan is to get JKSV back up the saves from my banned switch, get a cfw on emunand on my new switch and restore the saves there with JKSV, then go and resubscribe to NSO and cloud backup the two saves (I have heard that you can use some homebrew and connect to nintendo's servers without getting banned hoping JKSV is among them) then go back to sysnand and download the cloud backups from nintendo. Has anyone successfully done this? Is there anything I'm overlooking?
I don't see a need to use the emunand. IMO your risk is the same as if you were to boot sysnand with CFW and restore the saves directly.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are most likely to get that new one banned also.

Reactions: Hayato213

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried doing a complete system transfer? I don't know if that will have the same issue. I'd guess yes, but who knows. Have you also tried doing a save transfer without internet connectivity? Like maybe setting your DNS records to some bogus IP like 10.0.1.255

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1