Hacking .ISO -----> disc ------> .ISO

geedub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys !
to cut a long story short ! im waiting on an external HD to arrive , in the meantime im fighting for room on laptop and pc !

so i have burned some .ISO's to disc to free up space !

now when my HD arrives , what is the easiest way to back these up on HD ?

i know you can make an img with imgburn ! i also know that my laptop and pc dont seem to read these , i say seem cause when i pop one in pc the drive does see a DVD rom , but when i click onbto it , there is nothing and my pc ejects tray say please insert disc blah blah blah ( i did read about the lg drives )

any thoughts guys ?

these backups wont have to be redumped ..........................will they ?

cheers in advance !

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to make an img using imgburn so you won't have to redump. you can make copies from copies with img burn, but to read original wii disc's you need the lq drive. you should be fine. I'm doing one now, and it only takes 5 min.

geedub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
phew thats a relief !
just thought i was getting a bit ahead of myself and if i thought before hand id have burned them rar'd ! but if it doesnt matter , im pleased cause i thought id just made myself more work lol
yaypsp.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fyi:
if you burnt them with nero, they most likely won't re-burn, your copy may play fine, but nero has a known issue, which, when you try to back it up again (Even with ImgBurn) it won't reburn correctly.

geedub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
fyi:
if you burnt them with nero, they most likely won't re-burn, your copy may play fine, but nero has a known issue, which, when you try to back it up again (Even with ImgBurn) it won't reburn correctly.

no i burned original image with imgburn !

now for another question , how would you make a disc to disc copy then ? ie

could you

.ISO -----> disc ( using imgburn )
then disc ---> disc ( with Nero )

could i then give disc to my bro in law who can then use imgburn to backup to .ISO on his HD

or is the Nero ploblem just with the 1st initial burn with the .ISO ?

like i said this is just an initial problem i have , cause i had to burn to make room for more ! so i have a few on disc which i burned as img so i could make sure that worked or i would have just burned them rar'd ! my 1000Gb HD will be here next week ! so that will be the end of this lol

cheers for your replies , much appreciated !

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go to imgburn, choose 'exact copy'. Insert burnt disc, wait for it to copy. Insert blank disc.

This will not work with real wii games though, only copies.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way to back them up (my method): Burn a DVD disc as a data disc and just put the .iso in there.

This backup wont ever have any scratches as it will not be in use at all, only the burned Wii game may get some due to use and handling.

Then if I ever need to burn that game again, I would just put the DVD in, click and drag the .iso, and burn that iso.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Sometimes backing up a iso burnt via Nero, in my case, as i only burn with Nero unless its a tiny iso then imgburn, anyway, if you burn with Nero, it wont show up you have anything in the disc drive, and when you use imageburn to re-create the image from the disc, it sometimes fails so you have to try again and it works, happened a few times, iv backed up about 10 games before, and that problem has happened about 4 times, so it does still work, one other thing i may add, i have 2 writers, ones a ram writer and 1 isn't, anyway my LG ram writer is my main burner, and my Sony drive reads my ISO's better than what the actual Burner does, strange never mind, I just say LG loves burning, Sony loves Reading
smile.gif
hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Neat newish routers gonna be here Wednesday