Hacking Japanese Gameshark thing

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone know what this is it came with a gameboy i got from japan. I assume its some sort of cheat device it has a usb-b on the side. GBA picture is with a Japanese pokemon ruby inserted
upload_2021-8-17_15-52-35.png

upload_2021-8-17_15-52-58.png
upload_2021-8-17_15-53-15.png

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Last edited by k0walski,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh actually looks like it's an action replay would it be possible to flash english firmware on here?
It's possible... you may just need the Windows software/driver disc that it came with - should be available online somewhere as an iso, or just an exe, but it's likely it will only run under WinXP. With a bit of luck it may just convert it to run in English.
It's also possible that there may be a language option on the device itself. May need to do a bit of "google lens" translating, or just see if you can find a scan of the English language manual.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh actually looks like it's an action replay would it be possible to flash english firmware on here?
Action Replay and Gameshark for the GBA were made by the same people and their devices looked the same on the device except for the little emblem that would be in that oval area (you could even update the firmware to be that of the other device, at one point my device was a GameShark on the outside, but the software clearly read Action Replay when booted up, I think I later reverted back to GameShark though). You may have an Action Replay there, but it also might be a GameShark like mine here:

zWvdGRN.jpg

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's possible... you may just need the Windows software/driver disc that it came with - should be available online somewhere as an iso, or just an exe, but it's likely it will only run under WinXP. With a bit of luck it may just convert it to run in English.
It's also possible that there may be a language option on the device itself. May need to do a bit of "google lens" translating, or just see if you can find a scan of the English language manual.
Cool I am setting xp up on a laptop. I found an iso on archive.org of the european action replay disc so will try using that. I dont think the menu has language options didn't see anything about that on a manual i found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Action Replay and Gameshark for the GBA were made by the same people and their devices looked the same on the device except for the little emblem that would be in that oval area (you could even update the firmware to be that of the other device, at one point my device was a GameShark on the outside, but the software clearly read Action Replay when booted up, I think I later reverted back to GameShark though). You may have an Action Replay there, but it also might be a GameShark like mine here:

zWvdGRN.jpg
Why did you revert back to game shark does it have better codes or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU