Hacking Loading a channel from USB via Forwaders?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read around and it seems this is possible although I've yet to see a forwarder that does such, so I figure I'll just ask (and this section seems most appriopriate...)

To be perfectly clear I'm looking for a WAD Forwarder that will point to a ELF/DOL on your USB instead of your SD, and open it.

I'm looking for something like this because my SD is so friggin' small (512MB), and my microSD(w/SD Converter) don't work on Wii, however I can convert part of my External HDD to be used as such.

Also, is it possible to use this combined with a Multi-button forwarder? Like the ones used for emulators...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well first you will have to change the source of the forwarder .dol to load .dol files from the USB device and compile it, then you need to pack the .wad file (so you can install it as a channel in your menu), and then you can do whatever pleases you...!!
smile.gif

P.D. I have lots of apps on my SD and I can't seem to read the 512MB, what da' hell do you have it full with..??
wtf.gif

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, it's not that it's full, it's that I plan to keep it 'clean' so that I can use it for the most part just to install things, I want to keep the permanent ones on my USB.

Also, for compiling it do I just change "SD://" to "USB://" if so, that's so easy... just gotta get all the libraries and compiler now xD

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't seen a source of those forwarder .dol's so I wouldn't know, but it is sort of that easy, you should ask to WiiPower, WiiCrazy or any other guru around here, just to be sure..!!
biggrin.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pyrofyr said:
Oh, it's not that it's full, it's that I plan to keep it 'clean' so that I can use it for the most part just to install things, I want to keep the permanent ones on my USB.

Also, for compiling it do I just change "SD://" to "USB://" if so, that's so easy... just gotta get all the libraries and compiler now xD

Like you wrote change "SD://" to "USB://" and you load from USB
wink.gif

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, that is so easy then.

Anyone know what I need to compile the forwarder? I tried searching these forums, came up with some basic info, but nothing on what I should use or anything (I have libogc which I seem to need, but not sure if I need more libraries and what compiler to use).

EDIT: woot, after searching I'm fairly sure I just need DevkitPro, which I'm already installing.

Hmm, if I get this set up, my Wii will be exactly how I want it, thanks for the help guys :]

>w< So much better to have things like this, I hate deleting wads later and realizing that I needed them to uninstall programs...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
check at wiibrew.org for the "devkitpro" and it would install the entire enviroment you need to compile, thanks to nIxx (a major guru) for the answer..!!
biggrin.gif

SanzioSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dont u upgrade to HBC 1.0.2 it supports HD loading. Just put ur .dol or .elf in the apps folder on ur hd and as long as theres no sd card
inside the apps on ur hd will load

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SanzioSan said:
Why dont u upgrade to HBC 1.0.2 it supports HD loading. Just put ur .dol or .elf in the apps folder on ur hd and as long as theres no sd card
inside the apps on ur hd will load

Maybe in 1.0.3 there will be a button to switch the source on demand....?
rolleyes.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever get this to work? I would like to be able to load from usb too.

I would get devkitpro and try to find the source code for a forwarder, but it appears that sourceforge is down right now.

Edit: Looks like it's up again. Now I just need to know where the source code for a forwarder may be found. That or just a usb forwarder already made.

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason whenever I used a normal fowarder and I had hombrew channel usb support,it would load the app thru usb if sd not in wii.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking and researching this subject for awhile now.

I take no credit for this (save for some minor tweaks), but I've have some source code that can:
-load dol files from USB drive
-be easily changed to look in a specific folder
-be configured to multi-boot (each button launches a different program)

I can use the code to make dol files (I've made and tested 6 working ones so far). Seems as if I'm halfway there, but I have a problem. I can't get Wadder or Auto Injectuwad to work to turn the dol files into working channel wad files. I can't even get Wadder to work at all. If I can find someone who is willing to work with me we can make some USB Forwarder channels to post.

As a special bonus it's allowing Wii Engine, which doesn't have SDHC or USB support to boot then load roms from the USB drive. With this I'm assuming it can do the same for other homebrew programs.

If anyone is willing to help PM me and we'll get together and make a thread dedicated to our little project.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
I've been looking and researching this subject for awhile now.

I take no credit for this (save for some minor tweaks), but I've have some source code that can:
-load dol files from USB drive
-be easily changed to look in a specific folder
-be configured to multi-boot (each button launches a different program)

I can use the code to make dol files (I've made and tested 6 working ones so far). Seems as if I'm halfway there, but I have a problem. I can't get Wadder or Auto Injectuwad to work to turn the dol files into working channel wad files. I can't even get Wadder to work at all. If I can find someone who is willing to work with me we can make some USB Forwarder channels to post.

As a special bonus it's allowing Wii Engine, which doesn't have SDHC or USB support to boot then load roms from the USB drive. With this I'm assuming it can do the same for other homebrew programs.

If anyone is willing to help PM me and we'll get together and make a thread dedicated to our little project.

I actually found something last night that would do something similar, save multiboot. It also tries SD first, and can use config files to change what directory it searches in if need be. It can all be configured in source code though.

I successfully made 3 channels with it, using Zombie's animated channels. I didn't release them though as I don't have his permission to use the animations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious