Longest Stretch of Insomnia?

How Long Have You Been Without Sleep Before? (Longest)

• Until Past 12:00 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Past 1

• Past 2

• Past 3

• Past 4

• Past 5

• Past 6

• Past 7

• Past 8

• Past 9

• No Sleep 24 Hours

• No Sleep 48 Hours

• No Sleep 72 Hours

• Other (Please Specifiy.)

• Total voters

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Six days straight due to my mother breaking up with her husband and going on a psychotic rampage every night, trying to cut her wrists in her drunken stupidity. I couldn't allow myself to sleep because if I did she'd probably end up killing herself. On the seventh day, my strength finally failed me and I blacked out. Woke up in hospital thanks to Amelia coming to see me over the weekend, got there to find me totally out of it and she couldn't revive me, so she called the ambulance and police to deal with us both.

The most annoying thing is that this took place the week before my GCSE exams, leaving me at a distinct disadvantage due to my inability to revise. How I passed anything is a genuine mystery.

In case it wasn't apparant from that statement, unintentional.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around 20 years ago, I stayed up for 3 days straight. It was intentional.

I'll never pull that stupid move again. Talk about a strange week.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shaunj66 said:
I recently went about 38 hours without sleep on a trip to France.

One full day at work (9-5) > Drive home > Go out for meal > Pick up sister from train station > Drive home > Wait a couple hours (tried to sleep but failed) > start driving to Dover at 12am (approx 160 miles) > Ferry from Dover to Calais > Drive from Calais to Disneyland > Spend day at Disneyland > Drive from Disneyland to Paris > Try and find apartment and attempt to sleep (couldn't until about 1:30am)

tongue.gif
That was a very tiring day.
Wow, that must've been tiring...and actually quite interesting to read.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rayder @ Aug 4 2010, 12:42 PM) Around 20 years ago, I stayed up for 3 days straight. It was intentional.

I'll never pull that stupid move again. Talk about a strange week.
What happened that made it strange (apart from actually being awake for that long)?

For me, it's probably no longer than 24 hours, probably 22 or approaching 23. I'd stayed up all night and in the end at probably sometime near 5-ish, I decided that I might as well try to go to sleep. I could've slept earlier if I wanted, or kept awake. It was a school night, but that wasn't a problem for me. I often stayed awake for a long time on school nights without problems.

The title might convey the idea that insomnia was involved. I don't have insomnia; it's often my choice to stay awake for a while.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once stayed up for a school week (5 days) during middle school.

It was crazy. I couldn't pay attention in class because everything else was just so much more interesting, EVERYTHING.
I saw a cloud outside the window and I couldn't take my eyes off of it until it drifted out of my view.

This was intentional. I was staying up because late TV (Adult Swim) used to be awesome. It ended at 5:00 AM and I had to get up close to that time so I couldn't go to sleep.
Eventually, Saturday came and I used to go over my cousin's every weekend. I sat down on the couch and woke up the next morning.

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
36 hours.woke up went to play practice,had two friends come over we camped out side.we all drank 13 mnt dews and stayed up all night.went to a park walked around in circles as little kids harrassed us.drank more mnt dew.went home got a hair cut then went to my play i was in.came home and stayed up till 1 in the morning.talk about tired..

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joktan said:
36 hours.woke up went to play practice,had two friends come over we camped out side.we all drank 13 mnt dews and stayed up all night.went to a park walked around in circles as little kids harrassed us.drank more mnt dew.went home got a hair cut then went to my play i was in.came home and stayed up till 1 in the morning.talk about tired..
Wow! I think if I did all that I would not survive it.... .....if only for the camping.....

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
In college, I stayed up for about 30 hours sometimes. Woke up at 12pm for the day, crashed at 5pm the next day. It was unintentional, I easily lose track of time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,