Hacking M3 Simply/R4DS - Idiots Guide

Intrelude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I've noticed that Fat16 is more reliable when plugging them into my computer. I had an A-Data that I formatted to Fat32, and it wouldn't recognize it. I formatted to Fat16 and no problems reading it. Some people have said that if you get a 2GB MicroSD card, it will do file management faster if formatted to Fat32.

2) TrippyJing - The manual says the BMPs have to be 254x192. I've found they work if they're 256x192. I just put them in _system_ folder.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
How do I skin the blasted thing? I've placed the bmps in the _system_ folder, in the _system_/_system folder, in the themes folder...nothing works.
I've been using this from the start, but since they released the firmware with the themes file, i cannot get a skin to work. It just keeps reverting back to the beta skin. I've tried placing the skin in the root of the SD card. In the '_system_' folder. In the 'Themes' within the '_system_' folder...and nothing works.

Mitsuomi

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks a lot for this guide. I read the word file like 50 times and still couldn't make it work. Took me 5min to make it works with this guide
biggrin.gif

dn604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great guide.

A couple things I noticed while using this guide with my new M3 Simply and using System 1.06 and Moonshell 1.06.

1) If you aren't planning on using another skin, you do not need the _system_ directory.
2) There is no longer a "shell" directory in Moonshell, it is now called "moonshl"

Other than that, its perfect!

Thanks, dn604

unpaidassassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay silly question about patching...

I have a R4 so do I have to dl something to patch homebrew stuff such as say DSOrganize or does it do it automatically?

Plums

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, new poster here. o/

I've followed the instructions in the guide and get the menu, options etc. However, when I try to load a game it doesn't work.

It asks if I want to create a savegame file, I choose yes. It seems to create the file ok, but then both screens just go white and I have to switch the DS off.

I'm using a Simply M3 with the 1.06 software.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, new poster here. o/

I've followed the instructions in the guide and get the menu, options etc. However, when I try to load a game it doesn't work.

It asks if I want to create a savegame file, I choose yes. It seems to create the file ok, but then both screens just go white and I have to switch the DS off.

I'm using a Simply M3 with the 1.06 software.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
which game are you trying to use?

Plums

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried Mario Kart and Starfox Command, both cause the same issue.

I switched to the .02 software and the exact same thing is still happening. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but looking at the documentation I can't think what it could be!

EDIT: I probably should have said; I'm using a regular 2Gb Sandisk micro SD card (not the Ultra II kind).

Plums

Trophies
XP
Country
No one else had this problem? I'll have another look at it tonight, I'll probably just start from scratch with formatting the card.

Rosa calogero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif
it was written as a text guide . i am the first user and can not get plenty of instructions. I will ask plenty of QS here , please help !! thanks in advance.

Aqua Smeargle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to backup and restore saves without any type of slot-2 device?

Sorry if the answer is obvious... If there is could someone post a link to the software for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...