Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

sinni800

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well. Seems no one can help out with the Black&White problem. Since Metroid just FORCES to be sent in NTSC. Pal hangs up instantly no matter what. Sucky :/

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All 3 work for me now, was aggravating to get this figured out. GH5 didn't give me this much hell. I haven't tried multiplayer yet. I am loading from my HDD using usb loader gx rev718, ripped from a retail disc I have here. The funny thing is, the retail disc won't load for me. Not at all, just black screen (tried disc channel and Neogamma v6). I wish I knew why, especially since it ripped perfectly at a size of 7.44gb using Uloader (but GX rev718 to play it). Like others, I have to have a dvd, any dvd, even a blank dvd-r, in the drive to make this work. I found the dols online before I even got the game but I don't need them, the iso ones work fine.

How do I know if I am in Veteran or Easy mode? What's an easy give sign to tell on that?
Is Prime 3 on here an exact copy of the original?

MP3 I thought for a while wouldn't work but then I realized I just have to let that black screen sit there a minute and then all the sudden the game is playing. Maybe some people who can't get it to work, just need to leave the black screen on the tv a minute to be sure.

rs5fe_p is taking me to MP2, not the menu screen
re5mp2_p which should be MP2 is just staying on the black screen.
Does anyone understand why?

Is there any way to get your previous MP3 save file to work with the version of MP3 in this trilogy set? If not, it makes playing part 3 on this set pointless but and I would have to have 2 copies of basically the same game on my drive (waste of space).

interdpth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load with alt dol's. But when I load an alt dol, I get error #1 unauthorized device has been found
is it because i'm using cios Rev13b? also what's the fe dol?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
zalman said:
Is there any way to get multiplayer working yet?

I'm "buying" the DVD5 version of the game so I can burn it on a DVD (I don't have any DL disc and I'm too lazy to go out and buy one), when it finishes I'll post back how it went....!!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
interdpth said:
I'm trying to load with alt dol's. But when I load an alt dol, I get error #1 unauthorized device has been found
is it because i'm using cios Rev13b? also what's the fe dol?
The frontend, that is to say the menu that loads before the games usually.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Configurable USB Loader just updated to support forcing to 480p.

You need v42a which you can find in this post, and then you need to set "video_patch = all" in the game options or config.txt.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I got the DVD5 version and if you go to MultiPlayer it shows a green screen and then reboots the Wii, so no dice......only DVD9 for those that want to play MultiPlayer...!!!
smile.gif

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive tried every method here i cant get it working thru any usb loader or neogamma nor with cios rev 13 13 b or 14 it doesnt want to see the alt dols it black screens or it code dumps everything

i added the game via iso using my pc and wbfs manager 3.0.1 no idea what ive done wrong but cant for the life of me get it to load at all

justpig

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Try deleting usb gx from apps and the config folder and replace it with a fresh copy of usb gx. I had problems until I did that.

sinni800

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HaniKazmi said:
sinni800 said:
Well. Seems no one can help out with the Black&White problem. Since Metroid just FORCES to be sent in NTSC. Pal hangs up instantly no matter what. Sucky :/
Wait for the pal release would be the easiest option.

Seems so. Its 3 days till there, so whatever. I'll just let it pass till then.

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found something a bit strange to me on Amazon.com about this game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy On Amazon.com

Under product details it says the following:
"Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes"

Why would Amazon list this as discontinued? Does this mean only so many of this collector's set have been made and when this version is gone, it's gone? It's a very nice set . I plan to buy this in a few days (sitting on a rental copy and playing it from HDD now). It would be even more nice to have a way to play this without using alt dol and have it fully functional from the menu. Luckily I have found that the Legend Of Gamma channel will load the retail disc, since for some reason my disc channel won't.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Vsin

I'm guessing the metal tin "limited" version will be discontinued, and MPT will then ship in a standard Wii dvd case. It happens with all limited edition games.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vsin said:
I found something a bit strange to me on Amazon.com about this game.

Metroid Prime Trilogy On Amazon.com

Under product details it says the following:
"Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes"

Why would Amazon list this as discontinued? Does this mean only so many of this collector's set have been made and when this version is gone, it's gone? It's a very nice set . I plan to buy this in a few days (sitting on a rental copy and playing it from HDD now). It would be even more nice to have a way to play this without using alt dol and have it fully functional from the menu. Luckily I have found that the Legend Of Gamma channel will load the retail disc, since for some reason my disc channel won't.

noticed it says "Collector's Edition" which means a limited supply until it's all sold out

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
noticed it says "Collector's Edition" which means a limited supply until it's all sold out
Not necessarily, collector's edition frequently only means that it's a nicer edition. "limited edition" on the other hand ALWAYS means limited supply.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
bnm81002 said:
Not necessarily, collector's edition frequently only means that it's a nicer edition. "limited edition" on the other hand ALWAYS means limited supply.

well according to the link that was provided, it doesn't say limited edition at all but Collector's Edition instead
yay.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know..they haven't really said anything one way or another if the 'Collector's Edition' is actually a limited edition or not. Collector's Edition implies this is the case, but who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?