9760bc.png

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
i just wanted to note that it seems visor1982 is still working on his EHCI-module to bring usb 2.0 to the system menu. maybe you wanna get in touch with him.

Thanks for the information, I will get in touch with him about his progress and if he needs any help.

@ Shizzz, I like it, especially because it says "styled" instead of "system". We'll make that image work somewhere in the layout.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
Thanks for the support, but beta is a good while away. I dont plan on making any videos or taking any pictures of cSM until its ready for extensive testing, and I also won't need to think about testers until that point. I do appreciate all the enthusiasm and excitement over this topic, because well, it is extremely exciting. I've also been PM'd various ideas from various people that will most likely be implemented before release too, so if you have an idea that you think would be a great addition to the system menus functionality, please feel free to PM me with it.. The cSM will be a direct reflection of the community's idea of an ideal system menu.

As for now, I wont be disclosing anymore new information regarding cSM, as its not my intention to raise hype. Im trying to describe my efforts in a way to attract feedback and creativity to ultimately better the project. I also most likely won't consider releasing a beta to some testers until BootMii is released, to provide a means of recovery in case something unexpectedly goes awry.

Thanks all for the support, and keep the creativity coming.

Fors

quick edit: Shizzza, thats great you're on a PAL wii, I look forward to your assistance. I promise I wont brick your wii
smile.gif

I'm up for testing too. If you need a PAL 3.3 Wii with no modchip and Tona's IOS51 patch installed then just let me know. I've got a reasonable stack of ISO's and I can test them patched or un-patched or whatever you like. AND I won't post any YouTube videos
wink2.gif

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys rock. since i like to play the emu's a lot, i think it would be cool to have a NES (or insert console name here) channel that worked like the homebrew channel. you could select the NES channel and it would take you to an interface like the homebrew channel where all your NES games are listed and you just select the game from that menu. And maybe a wiiware channel that would work the same way. also a config channel would be nice - although i don't know how possible it would be - that would let you pick skins, themes, and sounds for the CSM. that may be in version 5.3 or something. im sure anything you do will be awesome though.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
@WiiShizzza: Looks great, thanks! But I guess I will still stick with the "casual" channel with the simple, blue design (modified by Forsaekn). It's just perfect and very Wii-ish
wink.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see. No problem, feel free to use what you like. as I'm concerned, I don't like wii-ish things that much...
I like to have everything custom. looking forward to having cSM and a tottaly non wii-ish looking wii
wink.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
harryk said:
@WiiShizzza: Looks great, thanks! But I guess I will still stick with the "casual" channel with the simple, blue design (modified by Forsaekn). It's just perfect and very Wii-ish
wink.gif

Agree.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiShizzza said:
I see. No problem, feel free to use what you like. as I'm concerned, I don't like wii-ish things that much...
I like to have everything custom. looking forward to having cSM and a tottaly non wii-ish looking wii
wink.gif
Nice work!
Do you have a wad for that?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the csm? No wad yet... Even there isn't an app yet. Forseakn is working on it pretty hard I guess. But don't ask for a release, it will take much longer...

If you're looking for the backuplauncher channel, it's in my sig.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was for the backuplauncher, thanks!

WiiShizzza said:
the csm? No wad yet... Even there isn't an app yet. Forseakn is working on it pretty hard I guess. But don't ask for a release, it will take much longer...

If you're looking for the backuplauncher channel, it's in my sig.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
deervark said:
you guys rock. since i like to play the emu's a lot, i think it would be cool to have a NES (or insert console name here) channel that worked like the homebrew channel. you could select the NES channel and it would take you to an interface like the homebrew channel where all your NES games are listed and you just select the game from that menu. And maybe a wiiware channel that would work the same way. also a config channel would be nice - although i don't know how possible it would be - that would let you pick skins, themes, and sounds for the CSM. that may be in version 5.3 or something. im sure anything you do will be awesome though.

That would be awesome yes. But it's very far away since the regulair channels can't even have events in their channel menu's.
tongue.gif

HankIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
maybe holding combinations of buttons to enable multiple features. (modified harryk's combos)

Holding B: Go to Settings
Holding A: vidpatch
Holding 1: Force PAL60
Holding 2: Force NTSC

additionally:

Holding +: activate Ocarina
Holding -: deactivate Ocarina

so if u hold both A + 2 then u get force ntsc +vidpatch

this allows more flexibility.

(did we miss any options)

that would be nice please someone update the current loader to this.
smile.gif

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the new possibility of bigger icons I couldn't resist creating another channel, with updated icons and an improved banner. (In my opninion, since I found the other one quite 'empty'.
tongue.gif
)

Video:

Screenshot: (bad quality)
screensmallpi5.jpg

Icons I (partially) created:
4909bf52acdbd-IconImage.jpg
4909bf75e014f-LogoChan.jpg

Download here
(Sorry WiiShizzza, I stole your B button.
frown.gif
, Sorry Forsaekn I replaced your music. (Made it more Wii-ish
tongue.gif
)

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol its okay, good photoshop work. I suppose i'll take a break from my cSM work and finish the modified loader, as it seems a lot of people would benefit from more button combinations. Im not sure how im going to do it though, im trying to avoid people having to use two hands to set a video mode, like 1+A or 2+A lol. Im sure i'll come up with something.

Fors

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Forsaekn said:
lol its okay, good photoshop work. I suppose i'll take a break from my cSM work and finish the modified loader, as it seems a lot of people would benefit from more button combinations. Im not sure how im going to do it though, im trying to avoid people having to use two hands to set a video mode, like 1+A or 2+A lol. Im sure i'll come up with something.

Fors

A for Force PAL60, B for Force NTSC, 1 for Force PAL50 and 2 for VidPatch, + for Settings.

A and B are the most common 2 people would use so it makes sense to have them on A/B.

If people are that bothered I suppose enabling (or disabling, the opposite of whichever gets made default) ocarina could go on -.

Does VidPatch actually do anything? Everygame I've tried it seems to have no effect on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since