Hacking Modified Backup Launcher!

burrellbloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to modify the loader so that you can save settings such as forcing NTSC to a configuration file that is read each time the channel is opened? If this was possible all users could change the channel to their own specific settings.

Shadowmoses

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
wink.gif
@jesse congrats it's a very good redesign ! it feel less empty like this

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
burrellbloke said:
Is it possible to modify the loader so that you can save settings such as forcing NTSC to a configuration file that is read each time the channel is opened? If this was possible all users could change the channel to their own specific settings.
I actually thought I had put that in my previous reply. I'm too stupid to even remember to do it though, so good suggestion. :>

The button config would still be good though, for one off changes (some games don't work when forced to a certain videomode).

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the improvements are in fact real, sure. I saw that wiigator was reading that thread when i was so im going to wait until he gives some input on the changes. If he approves then the change will be made

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, we'll see though. I respect WiiGator and his accomplishments, and the fact that he's made the loader open source. Out of that respect, I would only make minor cosmetic changes (such as menu selection / autoboot changes) and leave the rest of his code untouched. If I did stumble across a bug though I would contact him about it to get it resolved for the next release.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forsaekn said:
lol its okay, good photoshop work. I suppose i'll take a break from my cSM work and finish the modified loader, as it seems a lot of people would benefit from more button combinations. Im not sure how im going to do it though, im trying to avoid people having to use two hands to set a video mode, like 1+A or 2+A lol. Im sure i'll come up with something.

Fors
Yes, maybe using the D-pad or something.

WiiShizzza said:
Don't mind you stole the B-Button, Jesse. All buttons are on wiibrew, anyway.
Somehow I like your wii-ish stlye
smile.gif

Well done!

QUOTE(Shadowmoses @ Oct 30 2008, 07:17 PM)
wink.gif
@jesse congrats it's a very good redesign ! it feel less empty like this
Thanks guys.
smile.gif

But something else. I just got a PM of a report that the channel seems grey and is called ??? in the wii settings -> channels menu. This is also the case with WiiShizzza's channel. But, however this was not the case with earlier versions of the channel(s) (without the edited icon.brlyt file) so the icon.brlyt info fo the channel settings menu could be moved to a wrong offset. I will try to fix this as soon as possible but I have my exams tomorrow so I can only check it afterwards.

Edit: For people reading that want to use the channels, the (small) bug is just a GUI bug and completely harmless.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, I have the same problem with a greyed out icon showing a big '?'-mark when selected. I can tell you it had me quite confused for a while; I had to delete it to realize it was the loader ... =)

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn:
Have you thought of compiling in SDHC support with the newest libogc into the dol? Reason I ask is that I have some titles I use with Ocarina, and it's a bugger having to swap from my 8GB SDHC (filled with roms and whatnot) to my old 256MB SD-card for the codes.

If not, where can I find your sources and try to fiddle a bit with compiling and reinjecting for myself?

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would injecting the dol for the 247loader into the forcentsc channel work?

if so, would i be able to inject the dol for the .1 loader into the forcentsc chan to have that loader also?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about a config file for standard settings?

Instead of weird button pressing and 100000000 different versions of the loader i would love to see one loader which loads the settings at startup from a file. I can think of 2 possible ways to do so:
1. simply put a config file on the sd card and read/write the settings from/to it
2. create a "savegame" for the backuplauchner in the Wii's NAND so you don't need a sd card(if you you use a channel version)

Does anybody know if this is possible?
Is anybody capable to do it?

I suggest the following settings:
1. Video Mode and Ocarina of course
2. Use of a settings file at all(it should still be possible to use the launcher without "trashing" the Wii's NAND/your sd card)
3. Autoboot ON/OFF
4. IOS# to use (even if a change will need a restart to work)

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm. This file would definitely have to contain every config for each game (you need special configurations for some games, like Manhunt 2).

We could create a standard code like this:

Mode: NTSC60=1, PAL50=2, PAL60=3 ...
Ocarina: on=1,off=0
Vidpatch: on=1,off=0
Loader/IOS to use: 1=247, 2=249, 3=XXX (dunno which combinations there are)

2101 = PAL50, Ocarina On, Vidpatch Off, ios 247
1012 = NTSC, Ocarina Off, Vidpatch On, ios 249

Then we could create a config file (BL-AutoStart.conf) like this:

QUOTE said:
RSBP 2101
RZDP 1011
RDZP01 2002

Would take up to no space and would be easy to customize for everyone... I wish I would already have some experience in Wii programming (I wrote C programmes some years ago, so I guess I could do it). If I only had the time :-/

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A configuration file would be nice, but I'd much rather just have special shortcut keys to hold.
Maybe a combination of the two?
Something like, hold B to the menu like normal, edit prefrences and the like.
Setup a button to hold to enable Ocarina, another for PAL mode and the like.
With the default as just B to menu, and A for Ocarina and the like.

Heck I'd just be happy with Ocarina tied to one button and ForceNTSC Force PAL60 to another, say like on the D-pad.

Oh even better idea. Shorcut keys with a quick confirmation screen showing you what its about to boot with for a small second or two. Along with a quick hide confirmation screen button maybe.
That way if you accidently hold the wrong keys you can see what its about to boot with and quickly change it right before it boots. Not real confirmation just some quick info.

Would also be nice to see a boot.dol loader to load from DVD disc.
Incase someone makes a full blown four gig homebrew game. xD
Then you can quick boot it along with all your backup discs.
Very extra but I'd love to see that.

Just some ideas.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Or maybe we should just wait for the final 0.3 version. Maybe the forcing/vidpatch stuff will then no longer be needed anyway
wink.gif

But it will always be useful to trigger Ocarina with, let's say +/- buttons (edit: erm... okay, one button would of course be enough. maybe the A or "1" button?). That's the only add-on I'd really like to see
smile.gif

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am almost finished with my exams, maybe I can get a hold on the source code (if nothing else has been released by that time) and add some button combo's. But first; school.
tongue.gif

harryk said:
Hmm. This file would definitely have to contain every config for each game (you need special configurations for some games, like Manhunt 2).

We could create a standard code like this:

Mode: NTSC60=1, PAL50=2, PAL60=3 ...
Ocarina: on=1,off=0
Vidpatch: on=1,off=0
Loader/IOS to use: 1=247, 2=249, 3=XXX (dunno which combinations there are)

2101 = PAL50, Ocarina On, Vidpatch Off, ios 247
1012 = NTSC, Ocarina Off, Vidpatch On, ios 249

Then we could create a config file (BL-AutoStart.conf) like this:

QUOTE said:
RSBP 2101
RZDP 1011
RDZP01 2002

If I have more time, I could try adding these features too, since I like the idea. (Or someone else, since I'm not good at C. But this idea definitely rocks)

jfjfjf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesse Sander said:
I am almost finished with my exams, maybe I can get a hold on the source code (if nothing else has been released by that time) and add some button combo's. But first; school.
tongue.gif

Thanks, Jesse Sander; I updated the pack in my sig with your wad. It's the best
wink.gif

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
this is awesome... the on i use
smile.gif
... so far it has been great... ohh one thing though... maybe the banner should also say DVD-R in the DVD... but that doesn't affect functionality so it's not a problem... thanks

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Forsaekn said:
oligore said:
I'm not sure if this is viable but it would be really cool if you make it display the disk graphics (eg how when Zelda is inserted the disk channel has Zelda animations) that the real disc channel has.
Actually if you reload the system menu with IOS249 all 1:1 disc backups show in the disc channel like a standard disc, but the Disc Channel's loader stub will only boot originals (hence the need for WiiGator's great loader). At the moment i've done some initial work towards modifying this stub, but I still need to decide what the best angle of attack would be and how I would like it to function once completed. The system menu really is a fragile piece of the system, and even the slightest mistake can brick your wii.

what do you mean with reload with IOS249? it would be nice to at least see those graphics somewhere... also maybe it would be possible to make the channel read the discs channel banner and use that instead somehow... i don't know but i think that's not possible... just saying because maybe it's possible... why would it make a wii brick to modify a channel or how do u plan to modify the system menu if that's the case... i mean... make the disc channel be wiigator's or what?

EDIT: sorry for double posting... i had completely forgotten i has posted a while ago in this thread

Pii Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone tell me what im doing wrong. every time i try to intall this using wadmanager 1.21 it just says error
mad.gif
. where do i need to put the wad. any help is very much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1