• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always use the one built in windows. You can just right click on "My Computer", "Manage", "Storage", "Disk Management". Will let you do the same things more or less.

-Erik

muffin

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i am getting problems with doing this on my wii it is 4.3e

if i go to step 3 darkcorp and choose the first option it will load from wad goes to 75% and then the wii switches of and then goes to bootmii 2

if i go to step 4 priiloader and push b and + to start the install i get this ios 249 65280
es_identify failed error 4352 (0x1100) ios 249 not patched with es_diverify? using cios holding b and then pressing + or - will probely solve this note: you need cios for this do you wish to contine a=yes b=no home = exit

freezes on priiloader wont install if i go to was manager and choose ios 249 nothing happens i have to restar the wii by the power button , if i go to ios 36 and select the wads to install i get this error 2011

any ideas thankyou

poiuyt00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am trying to softmod and I updated 4.1 to 4.2 using this guide and followed everything exact and everything seemed fine. Now I moved on to the next step and when I try to start BootMii to do a Nand backup, I just get a black screen. I don't want to try anything until I know what to do> Thanks in advance.

Well tried to start over and erased the Homebrew channel and now boot.elf doesn't come up, I gues I messed up somewhere, just didn't think it would be so quick, I followed everything to a T and now I am screwed.

please just anybody tell me I am an idiot so I can stop trying 1000 things to get Boot.elf to show up!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muffin said:
hi i am getting problems with doing this on my wii it is 4.3e

if i go to step 3 darkcorp and choose the first option it will load from wad goes to 75% and then the wii switches of and then goes to bootmii 2

if i go to step 4 priiloader and push b and + to start the install i get this ios 249 65280
es_identify failed error 4352 (0x1100) ios 249 not patched with es_diverify? using cios holding b and then pressing + or - will probely solve this note: you need cios for this do you wish to contine a=yes b=no home = exit

freezes on priiloader wont install if i go to was manager and choose ios 249 nothing happens i have to restar the wii by the power button , if i go to ios 36 and select the wads to install i get this error 2011

any ideas thankyou

Dunno about the darkcorp part, it isn't actually part of this guide. You can hit up the darkcorp thread for further help.

In regards to priiloader, try re-reading the guide.

-Erik

QUOTE(poiuyt00 @ Aug 30 2010, 09:22 AM) Hi I am trying to softmod and I updated 4.1 to 4.2 using this guide and followed everything exact and everything seemed fine. Now I moved on to the next step and when I try to start BootMii to do a Nand backup, I just get a black screen. I don't want to try anything until I know what to do> Thanks in advance.

Well tried to start over and erased the Homebrew channel and now boot.elf doesn't come up, I gues I messed up somewhere, just didn't think it would be so quick, I followed everything to a T and now I am screwed.

please just anybody tell me I am an idiot so I can stop trying 1000 things to get Boot.elf to show up!

Are you trying to launch bannerbomb the same way you did on 4.1? If so you are an idiot and need to re-read the Modify 4.2 section.
smile.gif
Is that what you wanted to hear? lol

-Erik

poiuyt00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Are you trying to launch bannerbomb the same way you did on 4.1? If so you are an idiot and need to re-read the Modify 4.2 section.
smile.gif
Is that what you wanted to hear? lol

-Erik
Yes, I am glad someone answered!! Thank You.

I read this...

Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf

it no longer pops up...that's my issue now (but I know I am missing something simple I guess)

Thanks!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you deleted all the files on the sd card, and copied all the files from mod42.zip over, and when you click on the sd card on the main menu it pops up, and shows the sd card is empty?

-Erik

poiuyt00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
So, you deleted all the files on the sd card, and copied all the files from mod42.zip over, and when you click on the sd card on the main menu it pops up, and shows the sd card is empty?

-Erik
No, elf was just not popping up... I was using 42mod.fix (thought it was a fix for the other...oops) and that didn't work (told you I was doing something stupid). Just tried 42mod and it is progressing again...will keep you posted lol. Thanks again for answering, luckily I have a way of trying 1000s of things if things don't go right and I am bound to find something and I did!

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright it seems like now using 236 on the CIOSX installer installed 249 BUT when I open up Brawlstats it reads 'error I can't load savegame from your NAND". What does that mean? Don't I need IOS 36? That's what the MMM said in order to launch brawl and mario kart codes.

touchmypenguinag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i was wondering if you could help.

I have a soft modded wii, on 4.2e. I used xzxero guide and precompiled files to hack the wii. Everything worked fine, the homebrew channel and yet another wad manager runs fine, but when i attempt to play a wad i have installed as a channel (for instance dkc or dkc3) after pressing start i just get a black screen. I have tried installing it under ios36 and ios249, both installed fine without errors, but just the black screen after chosing start and then i have to hold the power button to restart the wii. Games run fine of usbloader dx btw.

Just of note, i did remove bannerbomd (from private - wii - title) and the cIOS, ios70 and usb loader wads after installation, i presume this isnt the issue.

Thanks for the help,
Andrew

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Alright it seems like now using 236 on the CIOSX installer installed 249 BUT when I open up Brawlstats it reads 'error I can't load savegame from your NAND". What does that mean? Don't I need IOS 36? That's what the MMM said in order to launch brawl and mario kart codes.

This guide doesn't use ios236 or ciosx installer as I said above. And as flak told you in the ModMii topic, we don't have anything to do with Brawlstats, you need to go to their thread
smile.gif

-Erik

QUOTE(touchmypenguinagain @ Aug 30 2010, 01:45 PM) Hi guys, i was wondering if you could help.

I have a soft modded wii, on 4.2e. I used xzxero guide and precompiled files to hack the wii. Everything worked fine, the homebrew channel and yet another wad manager runs fine, but when i attempt to play a wad i have installed as a channel (for instance dkc or dkc3) after pressing start i just get a black screen. I have tried installing it under ios36 and ios249, both installed fine without errors, but just the black screen after chosing start and then i have to hold the power button to restart the wii. Games run fine of usbloader dx btw.

Just of note, i did remove bannerbomd (from private - wii - title) and the cIOS, ios70 and usb loader wads after installation, i presume this isnt the issue.

Thanks for the help,
Andrew

Try this thread. If that doesn't work, start a new thread.

-Erik

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I found this thread yesterday when I decided to update my 3.2U to 4.2. I'm having a little trouble though and maybe someone can help me although I understand this topic is about a year old now. Here's my issue. I'm following these instructions:
While on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager then press 1.
You should see IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v48x.wad (NTSC-J = 480; NTSC = 481; PAL = 482).
Press A to install. Then press any button when finished.
Now go down to Other and press A. Then press 1.
It should say Selected 23 for installation.. press A to install.
*End.*

The problem is that when I go to install IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad they both tell me that 1 file was not installed, and when I then go to install the 23 wad files in the "Other" folder only the last 4 wads install while the first 19 remain uninstalled, leaving my firmware unaltered. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Edit: For clarification this is what I see when I try to install the first two files

Installing 1/1: System Menu-NUS-v481.wad - Title (-1035)
Final Status = 1 did not complete.

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide, but I was wondering if you could add a section at the end about clearing the files off the SD card once you're done? There's a ton of files, and it's not clear which you need to keep (like the bootmii folder) and which you don't need any longer once you've finished the mod.

In particular, one question I have is if you still need Priiloader in /apps/ after you install it, or if it's just the installer.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am modding a 4.3U wii and am using indiana pwns. I run the exploit and i get this:

"savezelda v1.1 (segher@interesting-times)
Copyright 2008,2009 segher Boessenkool
Copyright 2008 Haxx Enterprises
Copyright 2008 Hector Martin ("marcan")
Copyright 2003, 2004 Felix Domke

This code is licensed to you under the terms of the GNU GPL , version 2; see the file COPYING

Font and graphics by Freddy Leitner

Cleaning up environment... Eventhook release failed with c
ode 0
OK.
SD card not found (-1056964604)
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging."

Then it stops. How do i fix this?

oh and im using SDHC does this matter?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
Hey guys. I found this thread yesterday when I decided to update my 3.2U to 4.2. I'm having a little trouble though and maybe someone can help me although I understand this topic is about a year old now. Here's my issue. I'm following these instructions:
While on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager then press 1.
You should see IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v48x.wad (NTSC-J = 480; NTSC = 481; PAL = 482).
Press A to install. Then press any button when finished.
Now go down to Other and press A. Then press 1.
It should say Selected 23 for installation.. press A to install.
*End.*

The problem is that when I go to install IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad they both tell me that 1 file was not installed, and when I then go to install the 23 wad files in the "Other" folder only the last 4 wads install while the first 19 remain uninstalled, leaving my firmware unaltered. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Edit: For clarification this is what I see when I try to install the first two files

Installing 1/1: System Menu-NUS-v481.wad - Title (-1035)
Final Status = 1 did not complete.

While the topic is a year old, the guide is still kept up to date fyi
smile.gif
Moving on... Something isn't right if you are currently on 3.2 and you are getting a title installed with a higher revision already when attempting to install what should be a higher revision system menu. Run a syscheck by copying this into the apps folder of your sd card, and copy and paste the resulting file.

-Erik

FrankSinatra said:
Thanks for the guide, but I was wondering if you could add a section at the end about clearing the files off the SD card once you're done? There's a ton of files, and it's not clear which you need to keep (like the bootmii folder) and which you don't need any longer once you've finished the mod.

In particular, one question I have is if you still need Priiloader in /apps/ after you install it, or if it's just the installer.

You don't need ANY of the files once you are done. Assuming you copied the backup stuff bootmii made.

QUOTE(misterb98 @ Aug 30 2010, 05:22 PM)
Ok, I am modding a 4.3U wii and am using indiana pwns. I run the exploit and i get this:

"savezelda v1.1 (segher@interesting-times)
Copyright 2008,2009 segher Boessenkool
Copyright 2008 Haxx Enterprises
Copyright 2008 Hector Martin ("marcan")
Copyright 2003, 2004 Felix Domke

This code is licensed to you under the terms of the GNU GPL , version 2; see the file COPYING

Font and graphics by Freddy Leitner

Cleaning up environment... Eventhook release failed with c
ode 0
OK.
SD card not found (-1056964604)
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging."

Then it stops. How do i fix this?

oh and im using SDHC does this matter?

All the game exploits require sd cards. Edit: Glad you figured it out
smile.gif

-Erik

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
While the topic is a year old, the guide is still kept up to date fyi
smile.gif
Moving on... Something isn't right if you are currently on 3.2 and you are getting a title installed with a higher revision already when attempting to install what should be a higher revision system menu. Run a syscheck by copying this into the apps folder of your sd card, and copy and paste the resulting file.

-Erik
I appreciate the help but I actually found a solution on another thread that suggested the dop-mii method of updating my system menu. That worked out fine so I'm good to go now, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You would need a RF module, and a digital converter box, just to get reg tv on it