Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jd506 said:
Not your shitty blog that asks for donations and links directly to the download at their project's google code.

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/

This thread should be closed and you should be banned.
Dude....
That was REALLY harsh, He just wanted to share the newest release so people can Download it.

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it and DVD's still look really pixelated and graphically corrupt on mine. Is this the same for everyone else?

The samba shares are fantastic though and I love the mkv support.

Jovis36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jimshabadoo said:
I'm trying to use Mplayer-CE 0.5 and am having great difficulty getting it to play files through my external HD. Here is my setup:

3.2U
Had previously installed cIOS249 rev10 (the updated one) for USB Loader
Installed mplayer 0.4
Installed USB CIOS2
Installed DVDx (the advanced method to IOS202)
Using Partitioned hard drive (the 1st partition is WBFS and is listed as "primary," the 2nd partition is FAT32 and is listed as "primary")

This didn't work, so I decided to wait until .5. Now 0.5 has arrived and it still doesn't work.

I'd like to be able to play movie files from the hard drive, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. When I select "Wii USB" as my source, it tries for a second and then returns to the select source screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I had the same problem but by making the first partition FAT32 and primary and the second partition WBFS and primary I was able to get MPlayer to recognize my HD. I had to recopy all my games but it was worth it.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
Simply reboots me into the homebrew channel with no usb attached, with usb attached hangs and fails on Now loading screen. Either way v0.4 and 0.5 haven't worked for me. Only 0.3a

System:
3.2E

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I find a way to have Usb Loader (ultimated 7.4), Mplayer CE rev .5 and GreeXboX to work on my HD 1tera USB

I make 3 partitions:

1 partition - 300gig primary format under FAT32 ( I put some AVI, DIVX and MP3 )
2 partition - 300gig primary format WBFS ( I put WII backup with Wndows app WBFS )
3 partition - 400gig primary format NTFS ( I put backup .iso )

With this setup I can use MPlayer CE .5 to read media files from SMB and HDD on first partition and USB loader (Ultimated 7.4) read my second partition WBFS for play Wii game. The last partition is for Windows XP

KaNiMziE

Gamii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had problems enabling Dvd subtitles in 0.4 version and menus didn't work at all. I tested it mainly with Monty Python's Flying Circus Dvd collection.

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jovis36 said:
jimshabadoo said:
I'm trying to use Mplayer-CE 0.5 and am having great difficulty getting it to play files through my external HD. Here is my setup:

3.2U
Had previously installed cIOS249 rev10 (the updated one) for USB Loader
Installed mplayer 0.4
Installed USB CIOS2
Installed DVDx (the advanced method to IOS202)
Using Partitioned hard drive (the 1st partition is WBFS and is listed as "primary," the 2nd partition is FAT32 and is listed as "primary")

This didn't work, so I decided to wait until .5. Now 0.5 has arrived and it still doesn't work.

I'd like to be able to play movie files from the hard drive, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. When I select "Wii USB" as my source, it tries for a second and then returns to the select source screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I had the same problem but by making the first partition FAT32 and primary and the second partition WBFS and primary I was able to get MPlayer to recognize my HD. I had to recopy all my games but it was worth it.

Is there a way to switch the partitions with a program or do I have to delete the partitions and start from scratch? Thanks!

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure it was free, but i use EASEUS Partition Master 3.5. WHich if i recall correctly, the home edition is free.
THe other day without noticing my friend was messing with my Wii and loaded usb tester and it deleted my hard drive the had a 300 ntsf partition and a wbfs partition, plus my wad fat partition. Of course before i could get to it, it deleted my NTSF partition which had all my movies, music, and work files. Luckily though i have EASEUS data recovery wizard and was able to get everything back on my hard drive., but this time i made sure i made the hard drive fat32 to avoid any problems. (sorry about the EASEUS pitc it just saved my ass)

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
jimshabadoo said:
Is there a way to switch the partitions with a program or do I have to delete the partitions and start from scratch? Thanks!

If you are on Windows you can use Norton Partition Magic. It will allow you to create/switch/divide/merge to any of the major (FAT, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, and Ext3 file) filesystems & partition size. IT WILL NOT allow you to create a WBFS partition. Just create how many partitions you want on your drive with Partition Magic, then let "SD/USB Loader" or "WBFS Manager 2.5" create the WBFS filesystem on one of the partitions.

Please note that Parition Magic only works on XP and earlier. I think it won't work on Vista.

If anybody has any suggestions for any better or free partition managers... feel free to share.

QUOTE(Wiinie @ Apr 23 2009, 07:47 PM)
Im pretty sure it was free, but i use EASEUS Partition Master 3.5. WHich if i recall correctly, the home edition is free.
THe other day without noticing my friend was messing with my Wii and loaded usb tester and it deleted my hard drive the had a 300 ntsf partition and a wbfs partition, plus my wad fat partition. Of course before i could get to it, it deleted my NTSF partition which had all my movies, music, and work files. Luckily though i have EASEUS data recovery wizard and was able to get everything back on my hard drive., but this time i made sure i made the hard drive fat32 to avoid any problems. (sorry about the EASEUS pitc it just saved my ass)

I have Easeus. My partitions are already created. The first 100GB is already WBFS and the second 60GB is FAT32. It's a 160GB drive. Both are already chock full of stuff. I was concerned that in order to switch their placement on the HDD, I would have to destroy the partitions and create them again, thus making it necessary for me to recopy all of my games to the HDD again, which is something I'd like to avoid if possible. Or do I not have any choice? I was fooling around with EASEUS, but I can't seem to switch them as they are.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V0.5b doen not see my HD but I no problem playing DVDs, I do not undersatnd why because v0.4 sees my HD (first partition FAT32 -250 GB) and plays DVDs. Any idea what may be the problem?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
V0.5b doen not see my HD but I no problem playing DVDs, I do not undersatnd why because v0.4 sees my HD (first partition FAT32 -250 GB) and plays DVDs. Any idea what may be the problem?
it's due to the USB changes that were made, won't be too hard to fix
smile.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
it's due to the USB changes that were made, won't be too hard to fix
smile.gif
Hi uranus,

may not be for you but will be a hell if I would even think too. LOL :-) Are you talking about cIOS rev 11 that will be release sometime? Is anyhow you can help me with? Thanks.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
People need to remember homebrew USB2.0 uses cIOS202.

Waninkoko's cIOS rev's have nothing to do with homebrew usb2 support, you should stop mixing these up, there's usb2 usb loader and then theirs usb2 for homebrew.

That is what I am using for v0.5 (DVDx I dirrected to use 202) I can get to play DVDs but it is not seeing my HD (v04 works with both, dvd and HD). I do not know about that but for sure from rev9 and up no USB devices are working anymore (such as a mic, USB LAN adaptor etc.). I know I am on USB2 beta2, I would try beata3 now.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot connect to a PC on a domain. I have the IP, share name, and user/password of the domain user with access to the share in the smb.conf, but I cannot see the files. I get a error connect message. Anybody know why?

Thanks,
Kizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2