Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
djdynamite123 said:
Spacejump is right, use alpha 3, unlesss your using alpha4 with a 1gb--- SD Card.

Alpha 3 is more reliable on all SD Card 2gig under!
I assume you were getting the Quashie error>?

i tihnk so, hard to read as it flew past lol

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
lol, yeah it is a bit fuzzy hehe, too fast for your eyes then
wacko.gif

Use alpha3 less issues

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
lol, yeah it is a bit fuzzy hehe, too fast for your eyes then
wacko.gif

Use alpha3 less issues
ever feel like this is a puzzle game and you get told the answer to one puzzle and get stuck the next.

i installed alpha3. It runs okay but then my wiimote doesnt work so i cant select anything. restart the wii and wiimote works fine. rerun alpha3 and it goes off again.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
i installed alpha3. It runs okay but then my wiimote doesnt work so i cant select anything. restart the wii and wiimote works fine. rerun alpha3 and it goes off again.
Press a button and it will auto sync, the LED's don't show up

pressed every button, nothing happens, had to restart using the power button on the wii

i get a blue screen with the geexbox logo
geexbox for wii
open
controls
preferences
options
help
reboot
quit

open is selected and no amount of button pressing can either advance this or change the selection

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tutorial djdynamite123!

Was not working initially and I realised I was using a different 0.07 version. Used the latest one uploaded by Rodries and all was well!

To everyone using this, remember to use the latest DOL by Rodries and your problems might be solved!

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
It isnt Mac friendly, you may need to email Rodries, he posted his email a few posts ago!

Yea I saw that post. In that case maybe I'll just leave it as it is and stick to Wii Transfer for Mac.
tongue.gif

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ashesburn said:
djdynamite123 said:
It isnt Mac friendly, you may need to email Rodries, he posted his email a few posts ago!

Yea I saw that post. In that case maybe I'll just leave it as it is and stick to Wii Transfer for Mac.
tongue.gif

the problem for wii transfer to mac is you have to convert the files which is a pain

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SpaceJump said:
The enter button in GeeXboX is right on the Wiimote's d-pad, not A. Btw, I still use alpha2 which I find the most stable.

tried it, tried every button...

will download alpha2 and see if that works

thanks

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
the problem for wii transfer to mac is you have to convert the files which is a pain

True to that. But there are always pros and cons to everything. Just have to live with it I guess.
smile.gif

azndimsumjai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
few things that helped me with my issues with the wii connecting but not stuck at the wii ip address screen. Firstly, using the username in the start menu like on your picture didn't work for me but i used the name like it was displayed in the path bar for shared folders on my other computers, it was either a combination of the computer name and name, or just the computer name.

The 2nd thing i fixed was going into my registry and going to local machine -> system -> current control set -> services -> netbt -> parameters and deleting the DCHPnode and NODE keys. For some reason these keys make file sharing really buggy not just on the wii, but from computer to computer too. After doing this i can stream files flawlessly from both my desktop and my laptop via wifi with the exception of files randomly not working because of codecs. Hope my post helps anyone who has similar troubles to me

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
A new version to test samba
If all goes fine I'll commit changes to google code.
mplayerwii ntlm fix

I have been having problems with MPlayer since setting it up. No, no problems getting an IP. What would happen is I would select the share, it would flash something for a millisecond, then go back to the menu. I tried everything with original version in this posting and was unable to get it working. My shares work fine, thouhg, through my laptop but did not work from my Wii.

Once i used the linked DOL in your above posting everything works great! I am able to browse and see the files, and the files run! Now (as soon as wifi gets more stable) I will be able to get rid of my laptop to watch movies and TV shows!

Thanks so much rodries and Dynamite!!!!!!!!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Once i used the linked DOL in your above posting everything works great! I am able to browse and see the files, and the files run! Now (as soon as wifi gets more stable) I will be able to get rid of my laptop to watch movies and TV shows!

No problem matey, btw use this .dol it's by far the best
smile.gif

MPlayerWii r20 modified by AgentX (r3)
Changes:
If your file has a 2.35:1 ratio and you want to make it fit the screen, press 1. If your file has a 4:3 ratio and you want to stretch it to fit the screen, press 2. To return to default press 1 and 2 together.
Tries to distinguish between audio files, video files and other files. If you select an audio file it will play continuously through the folder. Press B to play next file. Selecting a video will just play the individual file. Any other file will not be recognized and not play (avoiding crashes).
A patch file is included. Source is very hacky. With thanks to DCelso & Qualith for code for continuous play.
Known bugs:
Using B to select next file is very touch and go. I think this is a problem with mplayer not freeing memory properly so I can't fix it until I work out how to compile.
Thanks to rodries for constantly updating mplayerwii, samba improvements are much appreciated!
Download (code patch included): MediaFire
Note: Also includes the added support for DVD, SDGecko, and SDHC access.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fyynntgynei

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

No problem matey, btw use this .dol it's by far the best
smile.gif

MPlayerWii r20 modified by AgentX (r3)
Changes:
If your file has a 2.35:1 ratio and you want to make it fit the screen, press 1. If your file has a 4:3 ratio and you want to stretch it to fit the screen, press 2. To return to default press 1 and 2 together.
Tries to distinguish between audio files, video files and other files. If you select an audio file it will play continuously through the folder. Press B to play next file. Selecting a video will just play the individual file. Any other file will not be recognized and not play (avoiding crashes).
A patch file is included. Source is very hacky. With thanks to DCelso & Qualith for code for continuous play.
Known bugs:
Using B to select next file is very touch and go. I think this is a problem with mplayer not freeing memory properly so I can't fix it until I work out how to compile.
Thanks to rodries for constantly updating mplayerwii, samba improvements are much appreciated!
Download (code patch included): MediaFire
Note: Also includes the added support for DVD, SDGecko, and SDHC access.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fyynntgynei

thanks again!
just a quick question though...some avi files work great & some lock up within a minute. will there be future updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon