• Total voters

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Did my tutorial not cover it??? ROUTER ASSIGNED IP ONLY!!!

QUOTE said:
er... is that the 10.0.1.4 one or the 213.etc one?

sorry i know im being thick
CODE
the 10.0.1.4 one or the 213.etc one?
That's a bunch of shit to me, how am i meant to know, How can you NOT know your OWN ROUTER ASSIGNED IP, Please help me understand???

Lol, yeha i understand you, BUT needs to be your ROUTER ASSIGNED IP, i believe yours is similar to the 10.0.1.4 one
Just make sure IT'S YOUR ROUTER ASSIGNED IP, not your Local Networks IP's

sorry i knew i was being thick

okay, to make it idiot proof, for me:

i chose one of my hard drives, called wardrobe to be shared, by everyone, no password needed.

stream = smb://10.0.1.4/wardrobe/

on the wii i choose
smb://10.0.1.4/wardrobe/

i finally got something different to the wait on connecting then returning to the menu.

i got

path:

and whatever i press i get

exception (dsi) occurred
followed by lots of hex stuff..

and i have to pull the plug out of the wi.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
People are asking as Squidman says STOOPID QUESTIONS!

For the final time of saying, you need to make a path EXACTLY like this>>>

# MPlayerWii configuration file
# This file needs to be in the ROOT FOLDER of your SD card!

# Set the following setting to 1 to enable the PAL Widescreen
# ratio fix
palwsfix = 1

# Here is a SMB share entry
# Since SMB browsing isn't yet implemented, you have to append the
# name of a file present on the share

# For example, this entry will connect on the machine at
# 192.168.69.131 as the user "user" with the password "password"
# on the share called "write" and will play the file "a.avi"

# The format is:
# smb://[user]:[password]@[ip address]/[folder]/[file]

stream = smb://DJ [email protected]/MoviesfolderonDdrive/
stream = smb://DJ [email protected]/MysharedfolderonrootC/

OK, my username on my PC as in the tutorial DOESN'T have a PASSWORD!
So it looks like this

again here is a e.g. with my partners User password for access into her lappy!
stream = smb://!X Nikki X!:[email protected]/NikkizfolderonrootC/

It seems like i need to take control of peoples PC's and DO IT FOR THEM!
If it wont work, or your Incompetence is showing via not looking through my tutorial properly, or testing firewalls, router issues, THEN GIVE IT UP!

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
djdynamite

as far as i could see i was following instructions, to make it easier i had allowed guest access, and the readme in the config file said that if i didnt put a username or password it would be treated as guest.

I changed it to:

stream = smb://john:[email protected]/wardrobe/
stream = smb://john:[email protected]/tv/

the second listing is correct by the instructions, the first one just in case im misunderstanding and have to list the drive.

where 10.0.1.4 is the ip address assigned to my mac by the router (wii is 10.0.1.6)

my computer has two hard drives in it, the boot one is wardrobe
inside wardrobe on the top level there is a folder called tv which has avi files in it.
john is a login set to have permissions on that folder and macintosh is the password for it.

ive turned mac osx firewall to accept all incoming and turned off stealth mode.

When i select either line in the command line of mplayer i get something along the lines of

initialising

then
connected to network, wii ip address is 10.0.1.6

then screen clears to

path:

and the only thing that gets a response is pressing A

which gets:

exception (dsi) occurred

i can see from the log files on my mac that the wii has connected

under samba log

10.0.1.6 (10.0.1.6) connect to service wardrobe initially as user john(uid=501, gid=20) (pid 4728)
[2008/12/15 18:41:47, 0, pid=4717] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
read_data: read failure for 4 bytes to client 10.0.1.6. Error = Operation timed out
[2008/12/15 18:41:47, 1, pid=4717] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/smbd/service.c:close_cnum(1284)
10.0.1.6 (10.0.1.6) closed connection to service tv
[2008/12/15 18:44:59, 0, pid=4728] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
read_data: read failure for 4 bytes to client 10.0.1.6. Error = Operation timed out
[2008/12/15 18:44:59, 1, pid=4728] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/smbd/service.c:close_cnum(1284)
10.0.1.6 (10.0.1.6) closed connection to service wardrobe

under firewall log

Dec 15 18:36:13 tabitha Firewall[46]: Allow smbd connecting from 10.0.1.6:56196 uid = 0 proto=6

meds06

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks djdynamite123 for the tutorial, it's prettry clear. I just wanted to give some feedback:

I am able to stream from my XP server share but not from my NAS (runs linux I think)

Hopefully mplayerwii will eventually support NAS shares. I heard some succeeded with GeeXboX.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks djdynamite123 for the tutorial, it's prettry clear. I just wanted to give some feedback:

I am able to stream from my XP server share but not from my NAS (runs linux I think)

Hopefully mplayerwii will eventually support NAS shares. I heard some succeeded with GeeXboX.
Glad your another one that managed to get it working
smile.gif

guang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Anybody has problem to play divx(720x480) through samba? Always got code dump for 720x480.

It will crash, if your connection becomes weak somewhere whilst sending the packets, also that's a rather large file size for Samba to cope with....
Connection is not a big issue for me I think. I always play 1200kb/s divx stream (720x400, convert from hd camcorder) through samba without any problem. But I tested divx(720x480) with lower bit rate and small file and got code dump. :-(

guang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meds06 said:

I could play stream from my freebsd server without any problem.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can fix mac/nas problems if anybody which has a mac/nas can open 139 port on his router and give me share folder and public ip address (or dyndns)
If anybody wants to help to fix mac/nas issues email me to [email protected]

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I can fix mac/nas problems if anybody which has a mac/nas can open 139 port on his router and give me share folder and public ip address (or dyndns)
If anybody wants to help to fix mac/nas issues email me to [email protected]
Now that's what i call Help!
Down to Rodries, that we have SMB, thanx Rodries
smile.gif

Any news of an update at all, i like AgentX's update, i needed the video size option...

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
Any news of an update at all, i like AgentX's update, i needed the video size option...
I'll send an email to chris commenting this change, but I prefer fix it inside mplayer, so automactically adjust size.
At now you can use AgentX fix.

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a D2CPRO, what option shall I chose when installing DVDX? Patchmii didnt work. So im left with the Advanced option, but whichone, I dont know

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Dec 18 2008, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE said:
I'll send an email to chris commenting this change, but I prefer fix it inside mplayer, so automactically adjust size.
QUOTE said:
At now you can use AgentX fix.
Sounds great that Rodries, what be cool for it to auto detect and place full screen.

I have a D2CPRO, what option shall I chose when installing DVDX? Patchmii didnt work. So im left with the Advanced option, but whichone, I dont know
why didn't it work? you should also install patchmii core and libdi, iv'e placed these links here yesterday and many other times, there on hackmii or google...

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
madeirabhoy said:
djdynamite

as far as i could see i was following instructions, to make it easier i had allowed guest access, and the readme in the config file said that if i didnt put a username or password it would be treated as guest.

I changed it to:

the second listing is correct by the instructions, the first one just in case im misunderstanding and have to list the drive.

where 10.0.1.4 is the ip address assigned to my mac by the router (wii is 10.0.1.6)

inside wardrobe on the top level there is a folder called tv which has avi files in it.
john is a login set to have permissions on that folder and macintosh is the password for it.

When i select either line in the command line of mplayer i get something along the lines of

initialising

then

then screen clears to

path:

which gets:

exception (dsi) occurred

under samba log

10.0.1.6 (10.0.1.6) connect to service wardrobe initially as user john(uid=501, gid=20) (pid 4728)
[2008/12/15 18:41:47, 0, pid=4717] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
[2008/12/15 18:41:47, 1, pid=4717] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/smbd/service.c:close_cnum(1284)
[2008/12/15 18:44:59, 0, pid=4728] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
[2008/12/15 18:44:59, 1, pid=4728] /SourceCache/samba/samba-187.8/samba/source/smbd/service.c:close_cnum(1284)

under firewall log

Dec 15 18:36:13 tabitha Firewall[46]: Allow smbd connecting from 10.0.1.6:56196 uid = 0 proto=6

ive also noticed i get the same error if i plug my i-joy usb media drive thingie into the usb port of the wii and try to select usb drive from mplayer....

whats a wee bit worrying is when i tried the other media player geexbox, it crashes on launch with a never ending scroll of errors...

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ive also noticed i get the same error if i plug my i-joy usb media drive thingie into the usb port of the wii and try to select usb drive from mplayer....

whats a wee bit worrying is when i tried the other media player geexbox, it crashes on launch with a never ending scroll of errors...
hmm, maybe your USB Drive isn't supported, and can't be located...? test others?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
madeirabhoy said:
madeirabhoy said:
djdynamite

I changed it to:

initialising

then

then screen clears to

path:

which gets:

exception (dsi) occurred

under samba log

under firewall log

I assume you are using alpha4 of GeeXboX, which is known to crash on loading. Try alpha3 or alpha2 (definitly works!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.