Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
testing now! will report back after the lab tests
tongue.gif

Just tested with a few .avi divx's all 700mb++ work perfect Rodries, the previous release worked brilliant for me anyway, this is even better, onwards & upwards!
smile.gif

I will mention one "bug" DON'T GO MAD & FORWARD FAST GO SLOWLY otherwise CRASH
Many thanx Rodries!

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your new file is more stabled, but most of my videos now crash either 3 minutes into the beginning or 1/2 way into the movie. However, I really congratulate and thank you for fixing it and making it better. You think this problem is the fault of my router?

richiefs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your answer, but you didn't understand what I meant.

user: test
password: pass
user domain: PORT06857

When I try to connect to \\192.168.0.2\Videos in windows explorer, I need to log in with PORT06857\test with the password pass. If I only input test as the user, it doesn't work. I guess it is because I use the computer for my work configured by my company.

I don't know how to tell mplayer what the user domain is.

Thank you for your help

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
user: test
password: pass
user domain: PORT06857

Well in that case, only do it "at home" try this though, this Path!! (unsure if Domains will cause an issue, anyway try this and check, have you got your folder "network shared" i assume you have, here goes..

stream = smb://test:P[email protected]/Videos/

If that doesn't work neither, and you have your folder shared correctly, it cant work, just use only at home
smile.gif

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad I am not able to play divx over the wireless network, it is way too slow ...

Btw: I must use a filename in the configuration, when I leave it away Mplayer won't show the contents of the directory.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pven said:
Too bad I am not able to play divx over the wireless network, it is way too slow ...

Btw: I must use a filename in the configuration, when I leave it away Mplayer won't show the contents of the directory.

Do you use a trailing slash? This is a samba browser so it should work.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

It is slow....Which cant be helped with the shitty wii drivers in naymans terms..
Overall its really fast enough, any slight slow down of signal etc it will want to crash, giving you either many freezes, or even a code dump..

For me....? I have perfect wireless connection, never get a slow down, divx over samba perfect for me im afraid, CONNECTION QUALITY is everything with Samba!

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zerof said:
pven said:

Do you use a trailing slash? This is a samba browser so it should work.
Yes, I do. But it is not finding any file. When I click (in Mplayer) on the directory, the screen shows a message for a millisecond or so and goes back to the begin-screen.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yes, I do. But it is not finding any file. When I click (in Mplayer) on the directory, the screen shows a message for a millisecond or so and goes back to the begin-screen.
check through this full tutorial to help you out! your answer will have been covered!
smile.gif
Top man!

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
check through this full tutorial to help you out! your answer will have been covered!
smile.gif
Top man!
Thanks! I leeched and installed 'mplayerwii ntlm fix' and I am able to browse the directories!
rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately it is still way too slow to play divx over the wireless network; i tried several files, but it is too slow or even crashing.
unsure.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks! I leeched and installed 'mplayerwii ntlm fix' and I am able to browse the directories!

Unfortunately it is still way too slow to play divx over the wireless network; i tried several files, but it is too slow or even crashing.
hmm, what size files etc are you playing?
what Internet Speed are you on, speed is everything for the problems with samba on mplayerwii,
gets allot better this app though! thanx Rodries!...like i said works perfect for me:)

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The files I tried are between 150MB and 700MB. My internetspeed is around 10Mbit, but that does not matter since I play the files from another PC in my network. My wireless network is at 54Mbit

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think rodries here has said the wii wifi is crappy and loses a lot of packets all on it's own so nothing really you can do.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I think rodries here has said the wii wifi is crappy and loses a lot of packets all on it's own so nothing really you can do.
yep, cant understand it, mines works "perfect"
EDIT how many devices are connecting through your router???? Make sure no fucker else is using it, otherwise it becomes buggy, it does for me! my lass uses her laptop, and it causes it to slow and try freezing, so i tell her off, GTFO lol same when im playing COD5 only game that wants decent speed net..

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nobody else is using it. At busy moments the Wii, two DS-es, two laptops and my phone are connected. Right now only one laptop and the Wii are connected.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back