Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMB sharing also works with many of the current emulators. I had posted a generic tutorial on how to load your roms via network sharing here...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1376701

While SMB sharing does work with Mplayer, it is still incredibly buggy and often locks up your Wii when using the fast forward (search) function on certain types of containers (wmv, specifically). Either way, I will continue using it until a new bugfix is released. Or instead of waiting for a new Mplayer, I will wait until GeexBox supports wifi. Anyone know if GB supports wifi shares yet?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
While SMB sharing does work with Mplayer, it is still incredibly buggy and often locks up your Wii when using the fast forward (search) function on certain types of containers (wmv, specifically). Either way, I will continue using it until a new bugfix is released. Or instead of waiting for a new Mplayer, I will wait until GeexBox supports wifi. Anyone know if GB supports wifi shares yet?
i haven't noticed no bugs in this new build, it will only try freezing when you go mad and forward a thousand times
tongue.gif
but yeah of course threre are still many little bugs, dam geexbox not supporting wifi, i wanted to compare and test.

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
i haven't noticed no bugs in this new build, it will only try freezing when you go mad and forward a thousand times
tongue.gif
but yeah of course threre are still many little bugs, dam geexbox not supporting wifi, i wanted to compare and test.

Yeah, you're right. It does crash when you "go mad and forward a thousand times" but it seems as though you need to do so sometimes in order to get wmv to synch up correctly. Maybe I am in a rare minority but every wmv file I try to use has this problem. As I understand it though, wmv has a number of issues with properly creating caches. For instance, even though my dvd player supports wmv files, it still does not have an adequate search feature and often plays such videos with a certain degree of lag. Damn Microsoft for creating such a shitty video container.

Otherwise, the latest build is nearly ideal. If a better gui was created to dress the program, I would be using this on a regular basis. The only other drawbacks at this point are not having multiple file playback (ie support for a playlist of video files) and the ability to randomly select video playback in a folder (ie shuffle). While I understand the latter feature would not be used by many, it would be beneficial for me on the occasion that I actually need it and is not necessary for further updates. All in all, the recent build is a great step in the right direction.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Well, don't I feel like a dick (and not for the first time). My firewall was blocking Samba - don't know when it happened, maybe one paranoid Friday night... Anyhoo, I've got shares working from Ubuntu to Mplayerwii. For anyone else getting stuck at the "network initialised, Wii IP address"... it's probably your firewall if you set up your shares already.

For Ubuntu users try bashing this:
sudo ufw allow Samba
It will automatically allow Samba through UFW.

Now all I need is to figure out why m3u's won't play........

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well, don't I feel like a dick (and not for the first time). My firewall was blocking Samba - don't know when it happened, maybe one paranoid Friday night... Anyhoo, I've got shares working from Ubuntu to Mplayerwii. For anyone else getting stuck at the "network initialised, Wii IP address"... it's probably your firewall if you set up your shares already.

For Ubuntu users try bashing this:
sudo ufw allow Samba
It will automatically allow Samba through UFW.

Now all I need is to figure out why m3u's won't play........

Waned you all of firewalls etc.. cheers matey

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The people how has problems is because is using NTLM samba protocol, so with new systems samba is not working, in the versions that I've published samaba is using lm only.
Tantric has done a modifcation on samba to get ntlm working, so I've added a few functions and increase network_wii heap to get bigger buffers and now I can get 660kb/s on wifi (not always, wifi is very unstable).

So my modification on mplayerwii with smba ntlm and speed up.
MplayerWii Samab NTLM

Petewithf33t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks DJDynamite123 for this tutorial and rodries for the program, had it up and running within 10 minutes, watching polar express (divx) now, running flawlessly. Again many thanks

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks DJDynamite123 for this Tutorial and rodries for the program had it up and running within 10 minutes, watching polar express (divx) now, running flawlessly. Again many thanks
Top man! glad you liked the TUT...yeah doesn't take long to wak in your shared and make a few lined paths on the config, i have about 5 or 6 paths
smile.gif
big drives
tongue.gif
and i have many streams from sites as well:)

Rodries, what's wrong with this new release?? it wont work, after 30 seconds it CRASHES big crash loud noise etc, you can tell it is going to error with data flickering and funny lines etc,

For the time being stick to my packaged download, Rodries, iv'e watched quite allot of large files over wifi, and it's never glitches once, the previous release before the one you have just posted, works perfect, shame this new release which should be even better doesn't work
frown.gif

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cheers Rodries! I have vista and initially I couldn't connect the wii with my share files. then after downloading your file, IT FINALLY WORKED!!

EDIT: turns out Rodries' version is a bit unstable. I can access my shared folder, but it takes an awful long time to load a 702 MB movie. Even after it loads and plays, i tried to skip the video 7 times to fast forward, and it started to freeze with a black screen and a low hum. This happened two out of two times i tried. Hope tantric or anyone else can fix the dol file to make it more stable while keeping samba working with ntlm.

now i find that it freezes 4 seconds into a 175MB Simpsons episode. So no matter what I do, it will eventually freeze.

NDSPhr34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what can we do if it's hanging at network initialising screen? Mine gets there, then says PATH: and freezes, and then does a code dump on screen.

I'm using pre-existing shares on an XP system that work fine with my XBMC on an old XBOX 1 console.

D

Deleted User

Hey guys, I've a problem.
I can't tick the checkbox in the network sharing thing. It shows as this:
problem.jpg

Any help?

Running Windows XP Pro.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
afif95 said:
problem.jpg

Any help?

Running Windows XP Pro.

Does your user have admin rights? If not, log in as Administrator and try it. If that works then change your user account privileges.
Have you enabled File and Printer Sharing? If not, turn it on through Control Panel, Network

I'm guessing it's the first option.

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
problem.jpg

Any help?

Running Windows XP Pro.
my guess is you need to enable Simple File Sharing first:
http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/winxpne...ht/winxpsfs.htm
go there. that tells you how to do it.

Here's an excerpt from the page:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple File Sharing is a feature introduced in Microsoft Windows XP. Simple File Sharing removes some file sharing security options available in other versions of Windows. This helps Windows XP administrators quickly set up folder shares.

Simple File Sharing (SFS) is always enabled and cannot be disabled in Windows XP Home Edition. The below step-by-step instructions explain how to enable/disable SFS in Windows XP Professional.
Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: < 1 minute
Here's How:

1. Open My Computer from the Start Menu or Windows XP Desktop. A new My Computer window will appear.
2. Open the Tools menu and choose the "Folder Options..." option from this menu. A new Folder Options window will appear.
3. Click on the View tab and locate the "Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)" checkbox in the list of Advanced Settings.
4. To enable Simple File Sharing, ensure this checkbox is checked. To disable Simple File Sharing, ensure this checkbox is not checked. Click inside the checkbox to alternately enable and disable the option.
5. Click OK to close the Folder Options window. The settings for Simple File Sharing are now updated; no computer reboot is required.

Tips:

1. The Simple File Sharing checkbox should be at or near the bottom of the Advanced Settings list in the My Computer Folder Options.
2. Enabling Simple File Sharing prevents the ability to assign user-level passwords to shares. When Simple File Sharing is enabled on a computer, remote users will not be prompted for a password when accessing that computer's shares.
3. If the Windows XP Professional computer is part of a Windows domain rather than a Windows workgroup, this process for enabling or disabling Simple File Sharing has no effect. Simple File Sharing always remains disabled for computers joined to domains.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
works great with xvids and all small video files, crashes when trying to load .mkv's though
frown.gif
oh well stick with xvids for now
biggrin.gif
very stable with them and no sync issues nice one buddy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ted Bundy edition