Nand-Aid Alignment Error

GlueTenFree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I installed a nand-aid on working a soft-modded (Aroma) WiiU. I know I shouldn’t have tried to do this because there was no nand issue before, but I just wanted to see if I could do it. I repair console and wanted to see if I could accomplish this but I’ve failed. Ultimately, I can just use this console as parts if I bricked it completely.

I backed up everything except for the MLC when I soft-modded the console. I powered down the console, installed the nand-aid, connected the nand to the computer via the SD pins on the nand-aid and used Win32DiskImager to read the entire nand three times. I compared the dumps with diff and all were the same.

I booted the console and it goes straight to minute. When I try to use option “patch (slc) and boot IOS (slc)” I get “Abort type: alignment”.

I assume that means SLC and MLC are out of alignment.

What can I do to fix this? I tried restoring SLC but still can’t get the WiiU OS to boot.

I tried with the DSB jumper closed and opened on the nand-aid but still no luck.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1908.jpeg
    IMG_1908.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You probably don't have the wafel core and isfshax patch on the SLC, but on the SD, so you need to choose the third option: "Patch (sd) boot IOS (slc).

Since the patches are missing, minute tries to execute garbage (when it means to execute the main in the patch) and that is causing an unaligned memory (RAM) access. Since ARM can only do aligned memory access, this is causing a crash.

GlueTenFree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved it. Thanks for the replies. The forum is not letting me post certain words so I can’t post the solution. I’m too new I guess. So see the image for solution. That sd card breakout was expensive and I think some people sell a similar device with the nand aid but the one I got from violator only came with the nand aid.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.png
    IMG_1909.png
    441.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1910.png
    IMG_1910.png
    681.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by GlueTenFree,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think some people sell a similar device with the nand aid
Yea, rising the NAND-AID costs to around 20 times of what it's worth. These SD shaped PCBs need gold fingers and these are damn expensive in production, so around $7 for such a PCB is a good deal: I remember PCBWay wanting around $60 for a single PCB (costs would probably go down when ordering hundrets to thousands of such PCBs but who needs that much?).

Not only do they need gold fingers but also a special angle which a normal CNC can't do. So even the ones who sell NAND-AIDs with this PCB tell you that you have to modify the PCB to get that correct angle cause PCB manufacturers would take a lot of money for doing that.

So thanks for the tipp with these adapter PCBs. ;)

the one I got from violator only came with the nand aid
Yea cause else the NAND-AID would be way more expensive and to be fair: Most of the times you don't need that micro SD shaped PCB (in your case you could have dumped from ISFSHax instead of in hardware, for example).

It's btw V10lator, not violator... ;)

GlueTenFree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, rising the NAND-AID costs to around 20 times of what it's worth. These SD shaped PCBs need gold fingers and these are damn expensive in production, so around $7 for such a PCB is a good deal: I remember PCBWay wanting around $60 for a single PCB (costs would probably go down when ordering hundrets to thousands of such PCBs but who needs that much?).

Not only do they need gold fingers but also a special angle which a normal CNC can't do. So even the ones who sell NAND-AIDs with this PCB tell you that you have to modify the PCB to get that correct angle cause PCB manufacturers would take a lot of money for doing that.

So thanks for the tipp with these adapter PCBs. ;)

Yea cause else the NAND-AID would be way more expensive and to be fair: Most of the times you don't need that micro SD shaped PCB (in your case you could have dumped from ISFSHax instead of in hardware, for example).

It's btw V10lator, not violator... ;)
Oh sorry, I didn’t realize I was posting a reply to you. Yeah, I understand the cost of things like that can get out of control. I realize now it’s not very necessary to have the sd card PCB. I originally just wanted to try the nand-aid only and found that sd adapter later. the cost with the sd card breakout from other vendors were much more expensive. Thanks for the parts and the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace...