Hacking NeoGamma R8 beta test

Status
Not open for further replies.

7atem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm if the videos are working and not choppy in super mario galaxy

i have rev17 and neogamma RC1

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not choppy? Are you using a burned disc? If so, that's why since DVDs only read at 3x and actual games run at 6x. Either load from USB or install a specific modchip that allows 6x reading for DVDs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gamecube backup launcher never worked for me, I'm only getting a code error, then it's booting the main.dol (either the game, or the GCOS menu if it's a multigame iso).
I tried the "internal" version with neogamma RC3, it gave me the same error (which is normal as it's the exact 0.2 copy or the launcher).

Do you know what cause this error ?
Code:
Failed to read DVD 263.
error 0x53100 ready.
at the place where the menu with the game list should appear. it stays 1sec then skip to run the disk.

here is my config :
Wiikey1 1.9s
3.2E, no cioscorp, no pre/priiloader
IOS249 rev17 (tried with rev14 too)
BC v4 : Does BC version is important ?
cMIOS :
- if not patched : no GC backup launcher screen at all, and the game runs main.dol automatically
- if patched with cMIOS0.2 : v4, v5 or v8, GC backup launcher screen show the error code instead of game list, then runs main.dol (GCOS main menu).
no USB or GC memory card inserted
Multigame iso made with the last version (V4F.exe, dvd9 ver)

People asked me why I want to use the launcher if I have a wiikey, so I answer it first : I would like to use/try the "swap disc with eject" function for tales of symphonia.
in the meantime, I'm using a single disc per iso, no problem with that. I only want to understand where the launcher error comes from.

7atem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
Not choppy? Are you using a burned disc? If so, that's why since DVDs only read at 3x and actual games run at 6x. Either load from USB or install a specific modchip that allows 6x reading for DVDs.

why specifically SMG has choppy videos , for example :metroid prime has videos and there are not choppy and SSBB subspace has tons of videos and they arenot choppy while using rev17, i think it might be a bad burn problem or bad copy or maybe it is fixed in the new rev and backup loaders

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyan said:
Gamecube backup launcher never worked for me, I'm only getting a code error, then it's booting the main.dol (either the game, or the GCOS menu if it's a multigame iso).
I tried the "internal" version with neogamma RC3, it gave me the same error (which is normal as it's the exact 0.2 copy or the launcher).

Do you know what cause this error ?
Code:
Failed to read DVD 263.
error 0x53100 ready.
at the place where the menu with the game list should appear. it stays 1sec then skip to run the disk.

here is my config :
Wiikey1 1.9s
3.2E, no cioscorp, no pre/priiloader
IOS249 rev17 (tried with rev14 too)
BC v4 : Does BC version is important ?
cMIOS :
- if not patched : no GC backup launcher screen at all, and the game runs main.dol automatically
- if patched with cMIOS0.2 : v4, v5 or v8, GC backup launcher screen show the error code instead of game list, then runs main.dol (GCOS main menu).
no USB or GC memory card inserted
Multigame iso made with the last version (V4F.exe, dvd9 ver)

People asked me why I want to use the launcher if I have a wiikey, so I answer it first : I would like to use/try the "swap disc with eject" function for tales of symphonia.
in the meantime, I'm using a single disc per iso, no problem with that. I only want to understand where the launcher error comes from.

Hmm, i think i heard that the GC launcher is not compatible with retail discs. Are you able to disable GC backup support for your modchip?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
Hmm, i think i heard that the GC launcher is not compatible with retail discs. Are you able to disable GC backup support for your modchip?
Yeah, I thought it could be the wiikey which cause this error, so I checked the Wiikey config disc.
Unfortunately, there is no option to enable or disable gamecube disk (only the audio fix option is available).

I think there is no difference between Wii or GC disc mode with this modchip, it makes only the wii think the DVD is a retail one, what ever format it is.
I don't want to brick my wiikey firmware only to test the launcher.

QUOTE(DKAngel @ Feb 21 2010, 12:53 PM) yeah u had to reload an untouched mios for retail games to work again , well from the last thing i heard
Yes, I got the same error with a retail game. So I think the wiikey is making the Wii think DVD-R are retails, giving the same error.
But the game is launched anyway, thanks to the modchip.

I didn't heard of other users with this error. if someone has a wiikey1, could you try it please ? thank you
wink.gif

(someone had the error, but never said if he has a wiikey)

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Other thing with the rebooter that I can't reboot with discs from other regions (have a PAL wii). No success with NTSC-U and NTSC-J even though Region Free was put to Yes in the rebooter options.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

I want to fix the Brawl+ loading capabilities of this loader.
Here is the issue however.

1) This loader has gotten kinda stale, and does not support FAT/NTFS loading, which is quickly becoming an alternative to WBFS.

2) The loader doesn't close the SD card correctly, causing Brawl to not access the SD card, making Brawl+ unplayable, as the majority of Brawl+ relies on a file replacement code that makes the game load files from SD instead of the disc.

Now, I am not sure if problem #2 is caused by the loader not closing the SD card, or perhaps the gameconfig.txt support being broken, causing the file replacement code itself to break the SD support in Brawl, but I would really like to see this fixed.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dantarion said:
Okay.

I want to fix the Brawl+ loading capabilities of this loader.
Here is the issue however.

1) This loader has gotten kinda stale, and does not support FAT/NTFS loading, which is quickly becoming an alternative to WBFS.

2) The loader doesn't close the SD card correctly, causing Brawl to not access the SD card, making Brawl+ unplayable, as the majority of Brawl+ relies on a file replacement code that makes the game load files from SD instead of the disc.

Now, I am not sure if problem #2 is caused by the loader not closing the SD card, or perhaps the gameconfig.txt support being broken, causing the file replacement code itself to break the SD support in Brawl, but I would really like to see this fixed.

About 1: Let's wait what Waninkoko does with cIOSrev18
About 2: Brawl+ was working before, so the question is did a certain update in NeoGamma break it or did the cIOS break it? R8beta15 should be the 1st version with confirmed Brawl+ support. And you can try the Brawl+ test version of Configurable usb loader to find out if it's a cIOS issue.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply.

Configurable USB Loader supports Brawl+? Or is there a special version of it?
I don't know where to find it, and the thread for it isn't helping.

BionicSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using a 2GB Sandisk, I'm leaning more towards a NeoGamma update broke it; just tried Configurable USB Loader with cIOS rev17 and worked with the snapshot method only, but was able to load textures, music, replays, etc.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BionicSonic said:
Using a 2GB Sandisk, I'm leaning more towards a NeoGamma update broke it; just tried Configurable USB Loader with cIOS rev17 and worked with the snapshot method only, but was able to load textures, music, replays, etc.

Could you please confirm this with beta15 and the Brawl+ Configurable usb loader test version?
Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2xoyekzmmz

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I have a Pal Wii (D2B) modded with Wiikey. It usually run every game, except a few ones, and for those I use USB loaders.
I have a problem with MadWorld PAL. looks like the game is 50hz only, no Pal60 mode or 480p. I use a VGA cable to connect the Wii to my PC Monitor, and it gives me a black screen, because my monitor can't display 50hz.
FYI, I have sound, it's just that the video won't show.
I tried to force video mode using USB loaders, but no success.

Any ideas? Maybe an alternative dol or something could be used?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
MadWorld PAL only supports 50hz. Easiest way to solve your problem would be to get your hands on the NTSC-version of the game instead.

BionicSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
BionicSonic said:

Could you please confirm this with beta15 and the Brawl+ Configurable usb loader test version?
Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2xoyekzmmz

The Configurable USB loader DOL you linked: Loads up Brawl+ (not the snapshot method) just fine with textures, music, etc.

Neogamma R8 beta15: Same as R8 RC1, causes a "Please insert an SD card." error in album/replay/stage builder, doesn't show textures/music.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, Configurable USB Loader shuts down the storage before booting the game, NeoGamma did never, and i think Gecko OS neither. Please try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynttm2w2y5n

For the next version i need to look again at all sd code anyways, i think i now know why sdhc loading is broken.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
OFFTOPIC:

Sabin_Figaro said:
Hey WiiPower:

I tried to softmod a friend's wii, it has a modchip (But I don't know which) and whenever i try to run neogamma R8 RC3 any game (Resident Darkside, Smash Bros RIP, NMH2) from DVD-R it gives this error: DVD read error (1264)

Smash Bros works on Disc Channel.

IOS249 Rev 17 is installed.

Any suggestions?

Just a reminder about this case. Stuff works flawlessly on Softchiip and IOS222v4. So, guess Wanin's break some no name modchip.

Thx WiiPower for the suggestion (Never tried softchiip myself, it's not a very well advertised loader)

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Muyfa666 said:
MadWorld PAL only supports 50hz. Easiest way to solve your problem would be to get your hands on the NTSC-version of the game instead.

Thanks, I tried the NTSC-U version and it worked.
It also included French language
yaywii.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Hi rez
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hangovers are awful. Luckily I don't drink much these days to begin with, but they're the reason I don't drink - a lot- anymore
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Reason how I found Newgrounds: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/249365