Hacking New small Windows GUI for WFBS with advanced fetures

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zektor said:
2nd issue:

Seems to have problems adding DVD9 titles...or at least the only available title in this format "Super Smash Bros Brawl". It completely goes through the motion of adding the game, but does not show up on the target WBFS drive when completed.

I am guessing that PrixM is no longer working on this project as nothing has been heard since May. I tried PM'ing, but no reply. For now I have to assume the project is dead. What a shame. Of every single non .net WBFS manager I have tried, this is the most complete. It is near perfect. Only that renaming issue and the SSBB adding issue as far as I can see. I still use it on a regular basis and will continue to do so since it is completely reliable otherwise, but I really wish I could see one more update with these two issues fixed. Oh well.
I've got the same problem, it won't add Metroid Prime Trilogy to the usb drive...

jupiter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found that when disk space runs out that the application corrupts existing files on WBFS partition. Since the common library is not used so that .NET is not required, I think there may be a flaw in the library that does this logic.

I verified by removing the image and re-copying the file back on the drive. When I did this, the game worked. This occurred 2 times and was resolved by re-copying both times.

Right now I have to be careful and ensure there is enough space to put an image.

Is everyone aware of this?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have (somewhat) recently realized that this manager will actually corrupt game images on your WBFS randomly. I added a game with it some time back and afterward it corrupted the game immediately before and after the game I had installed. Black screen on load on both games.

There are other options out there, like WBFSGui and ncWBFSTool (which both work great), and I just cannot recommend anybody to use this manager at this point. The author is MIA (actually, he logged on a few weeks ago...just doesn't respond to questions for some reason) and the app has some very critical issues.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the same issue. Game started to give black screen.
Removed and reinstalled it, now works...
It seems that indeed adding new games sometimes corrupt the previous installed ones, ouch.
Hoping PrixM can take a look at the problem sometimes (could it be dvd9 related..?)
This app is very good (and has the fantastic advantage to not require .net), I hope the project's not dead!

A small suggestion while i'm at it: if the window position could be remembered ^^;
Thanks PrixM!

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheShadowRunner said:
Hoping PrixM can take a look at the problem sometimes (could it be dvd9 related..?)

I think that too. I added a lot of games to my drive, no blackscreens.

I would say it´s a DVD9 problem, because I have no problems with adding a lot of DVD5 games.

Mrloco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does this ui work if you use a network drive with the ISO and install it on the usb (they are in RAR) cuz it does not see the ISO

FairyballYT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just tried the download link, and it doesn't work. All I get is an error screen saying that the webpage wouldn't load. Can someone help me please? Thanks. :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?