PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@SaulFabre I guess you haven't included my code? Individual settings handling seems to be working same as before.

Strange sound problem on Vib-Ribbon I've mentioned earlier seems to be fixed in last release (or, at least, I can't reproduce this bug anymore). But other problems are not fixed (yet?) - Return Fire still freezes after selecting weapon, Pro Pinball - Timeshock still work way too fast.

Have anyone experienced any problems with CHD/ZStrandard/FLAC files? I'm considering recompress all my CHD/Zlib/FLAC files (and compress those that are uncompressed yet), so I'm asking if anyone noticed any problem (and I know that CHD support, even with Zlib, is strongly improved in latest versions).

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Pro Pinball - Timeshock still work way too fast.
This also happens in WiiSX and even in the Wii Libretro core of PCSX-ReARMed, sadly.

Return Fire still freezes after selecting weapon
does this happens on upstream PCSX-ReARMed btw?

Have anyone experienced any problems with CHD/ZStrandard/FLAC files? I'm considering recompress all my CHD/Zlib/FLAC files (and compress those that are uncompressed yet), so I'm asking if anyone noticed any problem (and I know that CHD support, even with Zlib, is strongly improved in latest versions).
i think the most compatible CHD compression on Wii is ZStandard only, but people also reported that ZStandard+FLAC (which achieves a little more compression than ZStandard only) also work fine in most games.
I guess you haven't included my code? Individual settings handling seems to be working same as before.
Still no, btw.
If you want, i could compile a special build with your code change suggestion and i'll tell you here.

imfiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks so much for this latest build of wiistation. The stabillity has been improved and runs better than ever. My only question is about some lines in vertical transitions, like if the emulation doesnt had activated vsync. Is anyone having this issues? I'm running wiistation in 240p mode with CRT TV, by component cable. Other emulators give me perfect 240p image with no image glitches.

Reactions: SaulFabre

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you can download RetroArch on your PC, install the PCSX-ReARMed core in here using the Core Online Updater, and then try launching that game in the core for see if happens here too.
Yeah except that only RA 1.7.9 which is an old version seems to be the one that is the most stable and some cores modern cores dont work well there.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks so much for this latest build of wiistation. The stabillity has been improved and runs better than ever. My only question is about some lines in vertical transitions, like if the emulation doesnt had activated vsync. Is anyone having this issues? I'm running wiistation in 240p mode with CRT TV, by component cable. Other emulators give me perfect 240p image with no image glitches.
that has been a thing since the rebrand of Wiistation, whereas on WiiSX there seem to be gone.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
If only stability could be improved instead of prioritizing other less relevant aspects or adding new plugins and so on that set back the improvement of emulator...
This is a general issue these days, not limited to Wiistation.
Take a look at most of the decomps that we had in the last few years. Before getting the games to run 100% with clean code, people start adding tons of features that make it impossible to properly debug and fix anything.
It also doesn't help that interest in Wii (and most retro consoles) is extremely limited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1