wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why hasn't Nintendo added MP3 play back support yet. That would seem like a no brainer and would boost the Wiis value.

Even cheap $20 dvd player have mp3 support.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
In case you missed the part where I said the TT already has so many exploits that are available to them that they have not done anything with yet so it does not get patched and always leaving them with a way to make homebrew work.

Guess what, Nintendo will never own the wii again. TT owns it.

Nintendo will never know what exploits have been found that have not been spoken about yet, so they have no knowledge as to what they may need to patch.
So your only argument against what I said is that someone else has the answers and that you believe Nintendo doesn't know how to debug?

lol.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Why hasn't Nintendo added MP3 play back support yet. That would seem like a no brainer and would boost the Wiis value.

Even cheap $20 dvd player have mp3 support.

...I agree with that. Frankly, the only reason that I modded my Wii was so I could get out of having to buy another piece of equipment (DVD player), even if the playback isn't exactly perfect, even with average-quality videos.

But, I suppose it isn't me that Ninty is trying to beat, it's the people who pirate, so why should they bother to code a media player?

*Shame on you pirates*

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
If nintendo doesn't know about them then how do they know they need to debug them. It's been proven over and over again that whenever nintendo tries something that there is always a way around it in a very short period of time.
That doesn't mean Nintendo won't stop fucking up every update.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did TT announce that they have more exploits? The last I heard of them talking about any new exploit was the unreleased STM exploit.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The British comedian Bob Monkhouse recalls in his memoirs Over The Limit a very funny anecdote in the bar at the Hillcrest Golf Club in Los Angeles in 1959, in which Berle was invited by a number of inebriated fellow celebrities to compete with the actor Forrest Tucker—who was also reputed to be well endowed—to prove there and then who had "the biggest schlong in Hollywood." After Berle had politely and graciously refused to agree to such a public contest, Monkhouse recalls the comedian George Burns judging the group's respectful silence perfectly before urging, "Aw, go on Milton. Take out just enough to win!"

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt Ninty doesn't know about the exploits being found. After all, it's their system. I'm fairly sure that if they could build a system, they could debug it.

The problem is their short-sighted, bull-headed approach toward fixing the exploits. Time and time again, Team Twiizers has publicly ridiculed Nintendo's laughable quick-fixes. If they wanna patch the Wii up, they need to sit down, and spend some time at it. That way, this cat-and-mouse game could finally be resolved, and Nintendo could finally come out with some new system menus that do something besides put a bandage on a wound in the Wii's architecture. ("behind-the-scenes optimizations" my butt!)

Or, maybe Nintendo IS clueless. And if that's the case, maybe they should stop being so ignorant and try to patch things up (pardon the pun) with Team Twiizers. After all, they aren't the ones pirating, so I don't understand why Ninty keeps treating them like they're some sort of terrorist group.

If Nintendo would just change their viewpoints, they wouldn't have "lost cause" console on their hands.
rolleyes.gif

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
The British comedian Bob Monkhouse recalls in his memoirs Over The Limit a very funny anecdote in the bar at the Hillcrest Golf Club in Los Angeles in 1959, in which Berle was invited by a number of inebriated fellow celebrities to compete with the actor Forrest Tucker—who was also reputed to be well endowed—to prove there and then who had "the biggest schlong in Hollywood." After Berle had politely and graciously refused to agree to such a public contest, Monkhouse recalls the comedian George Burns judging the group's respectful silence perfectly before urging, "Aw, go on Milton. Take out just enough to win!"

Probably the funniest thing I've read on here.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the reason why nintendo attacks bootmii and the HBC are simple, bootmii allows people to undo any updates by nintendo hence lost of full control over the wii.
The HBC is used as start platform for basicly all tools and most pirate related tools are loaded via it same goes for bannerbomb, lost of control/start platform for pirate tools.
Nintedo does the math and thinks fixing BootMii/HBC/BannerBomb will prevent all piracy!!!!

And SNEEK well I bet nintendo shit their pants, now everything they ever do is easily visible to anyone with an USBGecko, if a new system menu comes with some new checks or whatever it will be directly visible in the debug log of SNEEK!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
geoflcl said:
I highly doubt Ninty doesn't know about the exploits being found. After all, it's their system. I'm fairly sure that if they could build a system, they could debug it.

If they could design a secure system then they would have. Nintendo are learning the lessons that Microsoft did with the 360. From the lack of DSi exploits, I think they have learnt at least some of their lessons. However they are currently hiding behind security through obscurity. Nobody can read the code that is being executed on the DSi yet, so they can't find exploits on the DSi. While on the Wii you can read every update before you install it to find a bug that will allow you back in.

QUOTE(geoflcl @ May 4 2010, 01:11 AM) maybe they should stop being so ignorant and try to patch things up (pardon the pun) with Team Twiizers. After all, they aren't the ones pirating, so I don't understand why Ninty keeps treating them like they're some sort of terrorist group.

Because it is down to Team Twiizers that Nintendo have no control over their platform. They'd go after the pirates too, but thats harder.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Gordinio said:
OR they are focusing on building really good AP for the next console. Like a few other people in this thread, I think that Nintendo has decided that the Wii is a lost cause.

Yeah cause selling that many consoles, games and accessories is just bad
tongue.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
For some reason I want to say a boot2v5 will come with whatever update comes next...and it will validate the system menu and its IOS during every boot so we can't patch it
frown.gif
Only thing of concern is the number of bricks caused by boot2v4 update.

Anyway, enough speculation for me. Best thing to do is to wait. Otherwise we'll give Big N more ideas.
Hmm...I'm not 100% of that. It wouldn't do any good for combatting things like piracy, as it seems like many who use things like USB Loaders (for piracy or their own games) know enough to be careful with official updates. I mean, all I'd have to do to combat that would be to install the system menu's IOS and the menu itself, bypassing the install of the new boot2.

DeadlyfoezIn case you missed the part where I said the TT already has so many exploits that are available to them that they have not done anything with yet so it does not get patched and always leaving them with a way to make homebrew work.

Guess what, Nintendo will never own the wii again. TT owns it.

Nintendo will never know what exploits have been found that have not been spoken about yet, so they have no knowledge as to what they may need to patch.

This is why, as you said, it doesn't often take long for the new updates to be 'broken' in some way. People are already into the system to such a degree that it would be extremely difficult to completely kick them out again. I can't really blame them for trying...there is a LOT of Wii piracy it would seem, which is unfortunate.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
techboy said:
For some reason I want to say a boot2v5 will come with whatever update comes next...and it will validate the system menu and its IOS during every boot so we can't patch it
frown.gif
Only thing of concern is the number of bricks caused by boot2v4 update.

Anyway, enough speculation for me. Best thing to do is to wait. Otherwise we'll give Big N more ideas.
Hmm...I'm not 100% of that. It wouldn't do any good for combatting things like piracy, as it seems like many who use things like USB Loaders (for piracy or their own games) know enough to be careful with official updates. I mean, all I'd have to do to combat that would be to install the system menu's IOS and the menu itself, bypassing the install of the new boot2.
And for all the idiots who update their wii anyway or have their 'friend' accidentally update their wii? Also, what about newcomers who discover brew post-4.3/post-5.0?

And they could make the menu check that the boot2 update is installed before starting up. No boot2v5 = brick (or maybe Error #004?). We could patch the menu to remove the check, but then we still have bricks from users who update with the WADs made by tools like NUS Downloader.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a lot of wii piracy because theres a huge percentage of wii games that are crap and are not worth the money.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
I said in another thread how I think that 4.3 or 5.0 will be on it's way soon. It's been ages since 4.2 and that did absolutely nothing for the average Wii owner. In fact I can imagine a conversation between an elderly Wii owning couple at the time:

Wilfred: There's a new Wii update Vera. It's just downloaded now.
Vera: Ooh. Has it changed anything?
Wilfred: I think the picture is a bit clearer, although that could be my new glasses. Can't say I've noticed that little thing for those LSD cards in the bottom left before though.

Back to the topic at hand, I would imagine that whatever update is issued that it actually does something added onto the anti-piracy measures. And from the other thread, here are my thoughts on what 4.3 and 5.0 will contain:
QUOTE said:
4.3 - new IOS(es) for Vitality Sensor, homebrew removal, general bug fixes

5.0 - new IOS(es) for Vitality Sensor + any as-of-yet unannounced peripherals (Wii MotionPlus ExtraSensitive), mass homebrew removal, bug fixes, Mii Channel update for customisation, USB Menu, partial abolition of Friend Codes and introduction of global Nintendo IDs.

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Ninty has to do is delete software modifications on every Wii that has been modified. It seems now as long as a Wii is modified, it is contagious.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Blasingame said:
All Ninty has to do is delete software modifications on every Wii that has been modified. It seems now as long as a Wii is modified, it is contagious.
you are a fucking genius... you should seriously go work for nintendo...

edit: u realize i was being sarcastic right? lol
biggrin.gif
Its all good, glad u got a sense of humour!

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Blasingame said:
you are a fucking genius... you should seriously go work for nintendo...

I will write that up as the cover letter to my resume
biggrin.gif

Edit: Just rolling along with the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5